Great Vancouver Area Biometrics Tracking

alessainebuckley

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-06-2020
Just gave my biometrics at the New West location. It was actually quite busy. There were 8 people waiting in line including myself which is the capacity for this location, 4 of whom were in line before me to do biometrics. There was only one booth open to do biometrics, and two additional booths to do everything else, so you're still waiting a little bit to do biometrics even with an appointment. I was standing in line for my turn for about 10 minutes after the initial check in and Covid screening at the door. They do take you if you come in early (which I did) so I highly recommend this, especially since I know a lot of us are squeezing this appointment in during work hours. Otherwise, the actual biometrics appointment with the fingerprinting and photograph took less than 5 minutes. Good luck!

Last edited:

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
Just gave my biometrics at the New West location. It was actually quite busy. There were 8 people waiting in line including myself which is the capacity for this location, 4 of whom were in line before me to do biometrics. There was only one booth open to do biometrics, and two additional booths to do everything else, so you're still waiting a little bit to do biometrics even if you have an appointment. I was standing in line for my turn for about 10 minutes after the initial check in and Covid screening at the door. They do take you if you come in early (which I did) so I highly recommend this, especially since I know a lot of us are squeezing this appointment in during work hours. Otherwise, the actual biometrics appointment with the fingerprinting and photograph took less than 5 minutes. Good luck!
Did you go without an appointment?

alessainebuckley

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-06-2020
Did you go without an appointment?
No I had an appointment but there was a bit of congestion today it seems. So I was waiting 10 mins past my appointment to give it. Just an FYI to everyone in case they're in a rush or coming to SC over their lunch break or something.

Reactions: jasmin22

nousername2020

Jul 24, 2020
Finally gave biometrics today. It was 5 min process. I came in early and there were 4 ppl earlier than me. By the time I came back, Biometrics were already attached to the account but underneath the biometric status it still says we have not received the biometrics. I hope that it will get updated in few days.

EVanCEC

Star Member
May 7, 2020
Finally gave biometrics today. It was 5 min process. I came in early and there were 4 ppl earlier than me. By the time I came back, Biometrics were already attached to the account but underneath the biometric status it still says we have not received the biometrics. I hope that it will get updated in few days.
Your BIL date?

blondieyo

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Did my biometrics today at Sinclair Centre DT too, very smooth process. There was someone before and after me but it wasn't crazy busy. Biometrics are already updated on my Immigration Canada profile. Next step is waiting for a final decision!

Reactions: kavish.shaikh1

kavish.shaikh1

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Did my biometrics today at Sinclair Centre DT too, very smooth process. There was someone before and after me but it wasn't crazy busy. Biometrics are already updated on my Immigration Canada profile. Next step is waiting for a final decision!
Congratulations, was the security like walk away from the door, do not stand here... lol

Btw, do you know what happens after biometrics? Do CEC inland applicants get PPR or directly COPR. I have an essential travel planned in Jan 2021 and I don't want to submit my passport for unknown amount of time

blondieyo

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Congratulations, was the security like walk away from the door, do not stand here... lol

Btw, do you know what happens after biometrics? Do CEC inland applicants get PPR or directly COPR. I have an essential travel planned in Jan 2021 and I don't want to submit my passport for unknown amount of time
Thanks Kavish! The security was pretty much them asking me to show them my biometrics letter so they can mark me off their list and step back to the side to do a COVID check/questions. I was then ushered into the office and stood on a marker on the floor to wait before I was called into the booth.

After biometrics they process whatever steps are remaining in your application. Depending on how far along you were, COPR has been issued a few days after giving biometrics but some people are still waiting for a couple months. There's no real way of getting a firm timeline unfortunately.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about how long you have to give your passport/if you have to give it at all.

nousername2020

Jul 24, 2020
Thanks Kavish! The security was pretty much them asking me to show them my biometrics letter so they can mark me off their list and step back to the side to do a COVID check/questions. I was then ushered into the office and stood on a marker on the floor to wait before I was called into the booth.

After biometrics they process whatever steps are remaining in your application. Depending on how far along you were, COPR has been issued a few days after giving biometrics but some people are still waiting for a couple months. There's no real way of getting a firm timeline unfortunately.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about how long you have to give your passport/if you have to give it at all.
Hi, is your biometrics status coming as completed ? my biometrics status is not received yet

blondieyo

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hi, is your biometrics status coming as completed ? my biometrics status is not received yet
Yep, mine shows as "November 17, 2020 Completed." under the biometrics dot point and the number shows in the "Applicant information" table at the top. It updated about 3 or 4 hours after I gave my fingerprints yesterday.