+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Great Vancouver Area Biometrics Tracking

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
So I got a little bored at work and decided to play around with the biometric tracker spreadsheet. Here's some stats comparing Canada wide (first table) and BC (second table) calls from Service Canada. The percentage is calls received for those in each AOR.

Looking at this we can see that BC has had way less calls received as a percentage of those in the tracker but the distribution is similar (higher percentage of calls between Feb and May before dropping off). Whilst it makes no sense that the January and February AORs don't have the highest percentage, at least we can see that the earlier months (not including Jan and Feb) are getting substantially more calls than the later months. Obviously this is not the whole picture as we're missing a lot of data from those that didn't know the tracking spreadsheet or these forums existed. I'm going to make an assumption that the %s are probably higher as those that have already received phone calls will probably not have gone out of their way to do further research and come on here to see what is happening. I think that especially rings true for the earlier months. Also worth noting that BC having way less data points makes that spread less statistically significant than the Canada wide numbers.

Canada Wide
Month (AOR)CalledWaitingTotal%
January
0​
4​
4​
0%​
February
25​
22​
47​
53%​
March
63​
42​
105​
60%​
April
55​
30​
85​
65%​
May
58​
58​
116​
50%​
June
43​
49​
92​
47%​
July
23​
46​
69​
33%​
August
2​
22​
24​
8%​
September
0​
11​
11​
0%​
Grand Total
269​
285​
554​
49%​

BC
Month (AOR)CalledWaitingTotal%
January
0​
2​
2​
0%​
February
2​
11​
13​
15%​
March
8​
16​
24​
33%​
April
9​
17​
26​
35%​
May
7​
19​
26​
27%​
June
5​
15​
20​
25%​
July
4​
19​
23​
17%​
August
0​
9​
9​
0%​
September
0​
2​
2​
0%​
Grand Total
35​
110​
145​
24%​
Thanks for sharing this.

Reactions: blondieyo

ike93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Also worth noting that BC having way less data points makes that spread less statistically significant than the Canada wide numbers.
Thank you for your work!

I actually kind of follow other locations' appointment dates and BC ones in this sense. It is literally funny to see Ontario booking for almost 3 weeks ahead now, and here in BC, I am reading "Oh, I got an appointment for tomorrow." It literally means they are calling only a few numbers of people a day - only a few that they do not even reach a few days ahead on the calls.

Reactions: blondieyo

alessainebuckley

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-06-2020
Thank you for your work!

I actually kind of follow other locations' appointment dates and BC ones in this sense. It is literally funny to see Ontario booking for almost 3 weeks ahead now, and here in BC, I am reading "Oh, I got an appointment for tomorrow." It literally means they are calling only a few numbers of people a day - only a few that they do not even reach a few days ahead on the calls.
There was a post here a few days ago that someone got an appointment in BC after Service Canada called their lawyer, who is based in Ontario. They then proceeded to call this person in BC. This makes me believe that there is a central call centre. Based on the trend, my theory is that they're likely tasked with clearing Ontario first (highest number of immigration applications), and only when they have time are they calling people in other provinces. Look at the rate of calls being made in Toronto and the sporadic pattern of calls in other provinces. I don't believe they have specific officers assigned to each province, which you think would be the logical thing to do but nope. If this were the case, we'd have more frequent calls in other provinces. I also know they're understaffed. Regardless, the way this has been implemented is terribly inefficient. Sorry for speculating and for being negative...like many of you, my anxiety regarding this has been through the roof.

blondieyo

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Who knows what logic they're using. @jasmin22 hopefully this didn't discourage you, I think the reason January looks so bad is there's so few people in the spreadsheet with AOR's from then. My guess is that all other January AOR's have done there's and never ended up in the spreadsheet to begin with, hopefully yours is coming very soon!

Reactions: alessainebuckley

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
Who knows what logic they're using. @jasmin22 hopefully this didn't discourage you, I think the reason January looks so bad is there's so few people in the spreadsheet with AOR's from then. My guess is that all other January AOR's have done there's and never ended up in the spreadsheet to begin with, hopefully yours is coming very soon!
:( :( :( :( I am just tired of waiting! There is no way to confirm if they even have my name or not on the list. I just hope the online appointment booking system reopens so. Apart from that, I have no hopes of being contacted by an SC officer now.

arjun119111

Oct 9, 2020
:( :( :( :( I am just tired of waiting! There is no way to confirm if they even have my name or not on the list. I just hope the online appointment booking system reopens so. Apart from that, I have no hopes of being contacted by an SC officer now.
They will most certainly call you. don't lose hope. You're so close.

Reactions: jasmin22

S@r@b

Feb 26, 2020
I think they will call you again in this week

Reactions: Aman Boparai

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
Hi everyone!
AOR: JULY 03
CEC INLAND
Current City: Surrey
Missed a call at around 1.20 pm (said Unknown caller); they called back at 3.30 to my sister’s number (number was on file somehow, in IRCC).
Booked the appointment for Biometrics for Abbotsford tomorrow.

hope you guys get a call soon!
Congratulations :)

Reactions: JBK27

S@r@b

Feb 26, 2020
Hi everyone!
AOR: JULY 03
CEC INLAND
Current City: Surrey
Missed a call at around 1.20 pm (said Unknown caller); they called back at 3.30 to my sister’s number (number was on file somehow, in IRCC).
Booked the appointment for Biometrics for Abbotsford tomorrow.

hope you guys get a call soon!
Congrats

Reactions: JBK27

jacobbvan

Sep 25, 2020
Dammnn I wanna kill myself. I missed two calls from 'Unknown Caller' yesterday at 3:05pm & 3:14pm, and my voicemail doesn't work due to error.

Those missed calls could be SC? Did anyone got a call around 3:00pm?

I read replies and majority got their calls in the morning.

Hope those calls are just scams.

• Sad
Reactions: Shiva91

Kartiksharma1996

Jun 8, 2020
Dammnn I wanna kill myself. I missed two calls from 'Unknown Caller' yesterday at 3:05pm & 3:14pm, and my voicemail doesn't work due to error.

Those missed calls could be SC? Did anyone got a call around 3:00pm?

I read replies and majority got their calls in the morning.

Hope those calls are just scams.

It could be. What is your AOR and city ? I don't think they have started to call applicants with AUG AOR.