+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Great PR Advice from CIC

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Granadoespada said:
It's a big let-down. What a waste of money. I too didn't get an ITA. So now I plan to spend my proof of funds
You're giving up after only one draw??

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marooned said:
What's your suggestion?
Is there any chance?
Of course there is. This was just the first of at least 12 draws that will take place this year, maybe even more. And this was a very small draw. It's up to you but I think it's crazy to give up after just one draw.

Marooned

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rjessome said:
Of course there is. This was just the first of at least 12 draws that will take place this year, maybe even more. And this was a very small draw. It's up to you but I think it's crazy to give up after just one draw.
Yes,I think we need to stay motivated and look forward to hearing from CIC more!

cheesycheese

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Never give up but the clue is in my initial post......

"Not a f**king chance without an LMIA'.

Rightly or wrongly, if you want PR, get one of these bad boys to virtually guarantee PR. If you want to play bingo, don't and see what happens.
Circumstances aren't that important anymore, getting 600 points for LMIA is.

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Marooned said:
What's your suggestion?
Is there any chance?
See considering first cutoff of 889; 400+ candidates are effectively ruled out. They are not going to half the cut-off by any chance. What CIC said is that there can be an exemption for CEC candidates. That is they will issue separate cut-off for FSWP and CEC; such that they will accept all the candidates in CEC category. They said there will be a cut-off band. And first step today shows that cut-off band will settle above 600. More like 650-900 will be the band; it seems; like a bell-curve.

Marooned

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EEKnowledge said:
See considering first cutoff of 889; 400+ candidates are effectively ruled out. They are not going to half the cut-off by any chance. What CIC said is that there can be an exemption for CEC candidates. That is they will issue separate cut-off for FSWP and CEC; such that they will accept all the candidates in CEC category. They said there will be a cut-off band. And first step today shows that cut-off band will settle above 600. More like 650-900 will be the band; it seems; like a bell-curve.
But how many candidate do they want to choose under the CEC category? an what about the rest?
Each category has its own quota .

Feb 4, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2015
Med's Done....
10-07-2015
Passport Req..
06-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2015
rjessome said:
You're giving up after only one draw??
Hi rjessome ... i need some help from you... i dont want to contact you in forum... can you please reply to my email id hari.mani@yahoo.com

Immed

Jan 16, 2015
EEKnowledge said:
Actually, once they exhaust the PNP and LMIA group, the cutoff will fall below 600 and it's not that farfetched to see applicants getting through in the 400s.

For example, if you have 900 points, 600 came from the LMIA which leaves 300 for other attributes which is fairly low. I think it would be pretty suspicious that companies would want to hire employees with such low scores in other attributes anyways and it would defeat the purpose of attracting high quality immigrants.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
i doubt pnp will be exhausted and more over people will be rushing to get lmia if they all get it then
"Not a f**king chance without an LMIA'.
https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-candidates-on-open-work-permits-and-working-in-canada-need-more-visibility-in-express-entry-system

Immed

Jan 16, 2015
mead said:
i doubt pnp will be exhausted and more over people will be rushing to get lmia if they all get it then
If this is the case, the system will be revamped since it isn't working towards the goal of Canada's new immigration policy.

Cubiscus

Jan 28, 2015
EEKnowledge said:
Actually it has to be sub-600 once they run out of LMIA and PNP candidates right?

There is an element of this that is counter-intuitive - 889 is only 289 without the LMIA / PNP. Are they the best candidates? I'm on IEC and have a skilled job but with around 450 it's going to be a long wait.

Immed

Jan 16, 2015
Cubiscus said:
Actually it has to be sub-600 once they run out of LMIA and PNP candidates right?

There is an element of this that is counter-intuitive - 889 is only 289 without the LMIA / PNP. Are they the best candidates? I'm on IEC and have a skilled job but with around 450 it's going to be a long wait.
Exactly, if the CIC see that there are people with 700 points, they will know there is a problem with the system in which case they will make changes to EE.