+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Great news :) the next wednesday i going to be a canadian

Kingoftherings

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Toronto,Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone as i promised Im here to tell everyone my status update so yesterday August 12 i woke up very early in the morning to take my citizenship test as a schedule at the Mississauga citizenship office glen erin drive i was there at 7:40 they opened the door at 8:00 and we sat in the lobby for like couple of minutes so then we entered in a room where they asked us for ID and the letter of the invitation to do the test after that we sat down and they give us a piece of paper to mark our names and our file id different from the client id after that a nice gentleman explained everything to us about the test and that test is confidential and all that stuffs he also explained that after the test we will have a short interview with his colleagues so all i can say is that the test is so easy and even more for me cause i went trough high school here in canada and they taught me canadian history and geography of course so i was the first to finished the test them i went outside to wait for everyone else to finished when everyone else finished we want back in and they started to call us by our names so i was the second to be called i have a interview with a nice women she told me to show passport record of landing and everything else i didnt have my record of landing but i showed proof that i applied for it neither my passport but i showed her the my traveler history that i requested from CBSA and my personal claim from the ministry of Heath so she took all those documents and staple them in my file as well i was so nervous so nervous that she may give me a RQ so i finished my interview after couple of questions that she asked me then like 20 minutes ago they called 5 of us into a room and they said to us Congratulations all of you that are here passed your citizenship test as well did it good in your interview and he give us a piece of paper and it was the Oath of citizenship AUGUST 21 2013 at 1:00 PM at the mississagua offfice glen erin OHHH my GOd inside me i was so freaking happy i even wanted to cry that i made it and this next Wednesday i gonna be a canadian citizen finally after 15 months i applied for it i hope this help for futures applicants so i gonna even do a update of my Oath of citizenship stay in touch with this great forum thank you so much enjoy your day everyone so far

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations for your oath and completion of the processing.

However, I am having a hard time figuring out which high school did you attend in Canada.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to Kingoftherings and good luck with the Oath ceremony.

Kingoftherings

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Toronto,Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear_pnp said:
Congratulations for your oath and completion of the processing.

However, I am having a hard time figuring out which high school did you attend in Canada.
st marys high school secondary school and Central Technical school in toronto Currently i go to UT

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Congratulations!!! So there were only 5 of you who passed that day. Can you recall how many people take the written exams? Also, how may were called for interview? Just curious.
Thanks.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With the way things are going you cant be too sure. Wait until next Wednesday take the oath and then party. Until then glue yourself to the chair and dont go anywhere. Who knows if they might ask for RQ again

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
newtone said:
With the way things are going you cant be too sure. Wait until next Wednesday take the oath and then party. Until then glue yourself to the chair and dont go anywhere. Who knows if they might ask for RQ again
ha ha ha that is cold...let the man live his moment.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just kidding, I hope for his best too but this damn Canadian way of doing things is really getting to me

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
newtone said:
just kidding, I hope for his best too but this damn Canadian way of doing things is really getting to me
I can understand the frustration....ru done with your application?

CanadianSam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kingofthering: tons of Congratulations. And thank you for sharing your experience with us that's very nice of you.
Enjoy!!

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OKK said:
I can understand the frustration....ru done with your application?
I was done with mine long time ago but very similar drama. for some reason Canada immigration likes to prolong the citizenship process even for people who have not left the country even for a day. Mine took 15 months, this was about 3 years ago

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations Kingoftherings. You indeed have one of the best timeline that anyone would like to have. 16 months and you're done! This is in spite of an enquiry (not sure if its an RQ). Usually any info request communicated by CIC will make them go "water-under-the-bridge" mode. Good for you, finish line is at 21/Aug. Do let us know how it went.