+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GRANT- PR status

moden88

Star Member
May 11, 2020
hey, yes I was a protected person when I got my PR. My PR processing was very smooth tho. Did take a while of course.

in average for ATIP notes I do have to wait at least 30 days before I receive them. Is that the case with you as well?
I am noticing a trend (not necesserly every application) that protected persons will get that status of E-Grant PR status.

in general in takes 30 days, but I added instructions in my ATI request to see all the correspondance and the file review checklist which seems to delay the release as they have to go through a lot of data.

Reactions: Anonyref and adbcca

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
I am noticing a trend (not necesserly every application) that protected persons will get that status of E-Grant PR status.

in general in takes 30 days, but I added instructions in my ATI request to see all the correspondance and the file review checklist which seems to delay the release as they have to go through a lot of data.
thanks for sharing. Keep us posted when you get those notes. I also ordered a new set of notes to see if any progress was made.

Reactions: moden88

moden88

Star Member
May 11, 2020
thanks for sharing. Keep us posted when you get those notes. I also ordered a new set of notes to see if any progress was made.
I received the regular notes today (still pending the detailed one), there is no change on my file status, it is still showing E-grant PR status and in progress with no updates

Reactions: Anonyref

Rolazaher

Mar 7, 2018
I received the regular notes today (still pending the detailed one), there is no change on my file status, it is still showing E-grant PR status and in progress with no updates
What does location : e-grant pr status mean?please can you advise me?

moden88

Star Member
May 11, 2020
What does location : e-grant pr status mean?please can you advise me?
Hey, I wish I know for sure what does it mean. From the discussions that we have here mostly it has to verify physical presence through the CBSA (I am not 100% sure about that).

Can you please share if you got PR status as a protected person ? or have you applied for Protected person status in the past ?
I got my PR status as a protected person

Rolazaher

Mar 7, 2018
Hey, I wish I know for sure what does it mean. From the discussions that we have here mostly it has to verify physical presence through the CBSA (I am not 100% sure about that).

Can you please share if you got PR status as a protected person ? or have you applied for Protected person status in the past ?
I got my PR status as a protected person
I’m also a protected person. I applied for citizenship in April 1,2023

moden88

Star Member
May 11, 2020
Did they cancel your oath ceremony due to administrative error?
No, for me, my file was on review ready PM01 (after finishing the test) then I submitted an urgent processing request, then there was a hidden note on my file and my file was put E-grant PR status. (my LPP are not done yet)

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
No, for me, my file was on review ready PM01 (after finishing the test) then I submitted an urgent processing request, then there was a hidden note on my file and my file was put E-grant PR status. (my LPP are not done yet)
Have you had a RTD before? If yes, have you traveled outside canada after your you became a protected person? if yes, did you go to a neighboring country of the country you claimed asylum from?

moden88

Star Member
May 11, 2020
Have you had a RTD before? If yes, have you traveled outside canada after your you became a protected person? if yes, did you go to a neighboring country of the country you claimed asylum from?
yes, I have a travel document and my old home country passport, I haven't travel travel outside canada, matter of fact, the longest trip away from Toronto was driving to Tobermory. The only thing is that in my Urgent processing request, I told them that I want to travel to lebanon (which is a neighboring country of the country I claimed asylum from) to meet with my father because that is where he is taking his medical treatment and I emphasized that I have no intentions to travel back to my home country.

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Hi, got my notes today. The status changed to E-grant DF now. LPP is still labeled as “not started “. Some people in this forum are saying that it means “decision finalized”, but is that really the case?

Reactions: adbcca

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
@Anonyref may I ask did you requested urgent processing?
and whats the officer code assigned to you ?
I suspect you and my self and @moden88 are all protected persons and request urgent processing which I am sure 100% it's not approved because I am exceeding the processing time16 months after 15 days sent like 10 urgent request