+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Grant DF Club

danielkhan11

Jul 29, 2022
Hello, I just want to do my analysis, and every one of you on E-grant DF status, please respond.
1) from which city you submitted your application?
2) What is your processing office?
3) Were you a refugee or not?
4) Did you travel while you were a refugee?

I will come up with some of my analysis after getting the information. I am not an expert again but doing my analysis on what is triggering the E-DF status.

Thanks

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
I used my back home passport but not to my home country as the country I travelled doesn’t accept RTD, and when I came back to Canada I didn’t get questioned at all and it was like 3 min in the immigration, not a single question!. I don’t think it’s a problem as long as the refugee person didn’t travel back to the country he/she claimed asylum.
honestly it depends on the officer, and everyone doesn't have the same luck. But it is always stated that
Common situations that trigger a finding of reavailment/cessation include where the refugee:

• Travels to another country on a passport issued by their country of persecution
  • Travels back to their country of persecution
  • Applies for a new passport from their country of persecution
but def travelling to your home country is a red flag or neighbouring country can be a red flag sometimes, and saying that the country you visited doesn't accept RTD is not always accepted as a valid excuse, unless the reason why you had to go to that specific country is necessary .

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryan4 and amir13213

Illusionist4008

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
honestly it depends on the officer, and everyone doesn't have the same luck. But it is always stated that
Common situations that trigger a finding of reavailment/cessation include where the refugee:

• Travels to another country on a passport issued by their country of persecution
  • Travels back to their country of persecution
  • Applies for a new passport from their country of persecution
but def travelling to your home country is a red flag or neighbouring country can be a red flag sometimes, and saying that the country you visited doesn't accept RTD is not always accepted as a valid excuse, unless the reason why you had to go to that specific country is necessary .
Two lawyers told me there is not a single cessation case for a person used back home passport or even renew it. All cessation cases for individuals who visited their home country.

Reactions: RESCUE EAGLE

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Two lawyers told me there is not a single cessation case for a person used back home passport or even renew it. All cessation cases for individuals who visited their home country.
it's better safe than sorry. and it doesn't mean it cannot or won't ever happen. I know people who went back home as refugee as pr, they were fine, now citizens, the fact of the matter remains like i said if an officers wants to say that is reason for it they can if they want to. it's literally everywhere. it doesn't only state not to go to your home country does it? it list all three of those where ever you see going back to home country as a reason to trigger a cessation. i think it is 5 of them but those are the top 3.

Reactions: mehranjadoon

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
Hi, I have no expertise in this area, but just saying that visiting a neighboring country of your original country you seek asylum from is more dangerous than going to your own country. it is a red flag and the officer can doubt why he/she went to that country. I have seen many people visiting their original country and giving valid reasons on port of entry, have not triggered any cessation. Some of them have visited 2 times and got their citizenship after. I think they initiated the cessation process for your friend and now no one knows how long will it take.
With all my due respect, when using RTD, it makes zero sense to me that visiting a neighboring country is more dangerous than visiting your own country (country of persecution).

I do agree tho that both are red flags.

Last edited:

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
not a lawyer but answered a similar question someone had on this forum. in summary, getting passport from your home country is an INDICATOR that a refugee MIGHT avail themselves to their country of origin, but they don't follow on entering their country, then it is just an indicator. It is a red flag, but not a ground for cessation.

Fasttrack

Nov 7, 2023
Hello,
I want to share my timeline:

Application Submitted on May 29-2023

Application submitted from Mississauga.
AOR received July 05 2023
Background check completed July 14 2023
Test complete August 20-2023
Physical Presence completed Dec 20-2023
Probation Completed : Dec 20-2023
Language Completed Dec 20-2023

Primary office : Scarborough
DUE DATE: 01-16-2024

Secondary office Sydney

Everything is passed
Triage 0
EVENTS:1
TYPE: CIT EVENT

NOTES: 1

LABEL: GENERAL
TEXT: ROUTINE FILE REVIEW
OUTCOME OF REVIEW:: DECISION READY - HOLDING ON DIRECTIONS
NEXT PROCESSING STAGE:
FILE TO : GRANT DF
OFFICE SCARBOROUGH

STILL WAITING...
OATH NOT STARTED.

Thank you

rydeone

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Hi Guys, I was checking my friend's GCMS notes and I came across this note in his file. I can also confirm that DF is definitely derog flag. File location is E-Grant which also confirms they are now removing DF from notes.
OUTCOME OF REVIEW
Comments: Pending derog flag, grant ready
Outcome of Review: Decision Ready - holding on direction
NEXT PROCESSING STAGE
FILE TO: Grant

In my notes they removed this portion. After I submitted my application I travelled Cuba for one week which explains why they put me in DF as well. Regardless of Country you visit they run some checks on you to see if you travelled to your home country. I believe this applies if you are a refugee and travelled before or after submitting application.

Last edited:

Illusionist4008

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
Hi Guys, I was checking my friend's GCMS notes and I came across this note in his file. I can also confirm that DF is definitely derog flag. File location is E-Grant which also confirms they are now removing DF from notes.
OUTCOME OF REVIEW
Comments: Pending derog flag, grant ready
Outcome of Review: Decision Ready - holding on direction
NEXT PROCESSING STAGE
FILE TO: Grant

In my notes they removed this portion. After I submitted my application I travelled Cuba for one week which explains why they put me in DF as well. Regardless of Country you visit they run some checks on you to see if you travelled to your home country. I believe this applies if you are a refugee and travelled before or after submitting application.
It doesn’t matter if you travelled or not, there are a lot of people never travelled anywhere and stuck in DF.

moden88

Star Member
May 11, 2020
Hello,
I want to share my timeline:

Application Submitted on May 29-2023

Application submitted from Mississauga.
AOR received July 05 2023
Background check completed July 14 2023
Test complete August 20-2023
Physical Presence completed Dec 20-2023
Probation Completed : Dec 20-2023
Language Completed Dec 20-2023

Primary office : Scarborough
DUE DATE: 01-16-2024

Secondary office Sydney

Everything is passed
Triage 0
EVENTS:1
TYPE: CIT EVENT

NOTES: 1

LABEL: GENERAL
TEXT: ROUTINE FILE REVIEW
OUTCOME OF REVIEW:: DECISION READY - HOLDING ON DIRECTIONS
NEXT PROCESSING STAGE:
FILE TO : GRANT DF
OFFICE SCARBOROUGH

STILL WAITING...
OATH NOT STARTED.

Thank you

Hey, do you have an officer assigned to you file under the paper file section or it is empty. mine got empty after they put of grant DF

azzokhalifa

Star Member
Dec 3, 2022
azzokhalifa said:
Hello everyone,

I still have my physical presence and prohibition in progress even though I haven’t left the country for 11 years .
I owe CRA money is that why it’s triggering my application? I got my Mp involved but still waiting for a response. Last time I requested ATIP location was E grant DF
  • Nov 21, 2023
    Activity status updated: Language skills
    Language skills
    Language skills status has been updated to Completed.

• Nov 14, 2023
    Activity status updated: Background verification
    Background verification
    Background verification status has been updated
    • Jul 11, 2023
      Interview required
      You've been scheduled to attend an interview with our official on July 11, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

• Apr 12, 2023
      Activity status updated: Citizenship test
      Citizenship test status has been

Nov 18, 2022
Application filed
We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

• Sad
Reactions: hemeda2 and Tamiou

Illusionist4008

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
azzokhalifa said:
Hello everyone,

I still have my physical presence and prohibition in progress even though I haven’t left the country for 11 years .
I owe CRA money is that why it’s triggering my application? I got my Mp involved but still waiting for a response. Last time I requested ATIP location was E grant DF
  • Nov 21, 2023
    Activity status updated: Language skills
    Language skills
    Language skills status has been updated to Completed.

• Nov 14, 2023
    Activity status updated: Background verification
    Background verification
    Background verification status has been updated
    • Jul 11, 2023
      Interview required
      You've been scheduled to attend an interview with our official on July 11, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

• Apr 12, 2023
      Activity status updated: Citizenship test
      Citizenship test status has been

Nov 18, 2022
Application filed
We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.
You are not alone, I'm stuck too. and I don’t think it’s about CRA but 100% it’s about our Arabic names, religions and our origins.

Reactions: amir13213

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
CRA factor clicks in if you haven’t filed your personal taxes for 3 years in your 5-year eligibility window I believe.