+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Grant DF Club

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
That's it, he renewed his home country passport and in canada showed that in the passport. My point is that, DF is a flag, and I hope all of us pass this step soon.
Thanks for clarifying. Reason why I ask is because I also travelled out of canada but I used the RTD to travel for a vacation elsewhere, not my home country. This explains why I am in DF. Of course I was well aware to not renew or use my home country passport.

Reactions: mehranjadoon

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
To give you all an update in my case…

my application passed the 14 months processing time. I called IRCC to urge them to send a note to the officials to handle my file. Agent told me to wait at least another few weeks before taking this step as it was a little too early and wanted me to give a chance to the officers to work on my file. I also contacted my MP, MP comes back to me saying “your file is non-routine because it has been sent to your local office for further processing and your LPP is at “not started”.
I did the math, speculative math. Yes my file was sent for further processing, but it has not been touched since. There is an officer assigned to my case but that person did not even open the file. My file was given to this officer because such fellow probably specializes in a “””complex””” case like mine. My speculation is the following: my case is not non-routine and IRCC themselves verified it. MP just wanted to give me this answer to shut me off. Although I do believe my application needs a more “seasoned” touch from a more senior officer, I think it’s just a matter of time and that I am in queue for review. My GCMS notes clearly also explain that as there has been zero updates since my file was assigned to this officer who didn’t even open my file. I will call Monday and ask them to send a note to IRCC Scarborough to get a move on my application. Let’s see what happens.

rydeone

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
To give you all an update in my case…

my application passed the 14 months processing time. I called IRCC to urge them to send a note to the officials to handle my file. Agent told me to wait at least another few weeks before taking this step as it was a little too early and wanted me to give a chance to the officers to work on my file. I also contacted my MP, MP comes back to me saying “your file is non-routine because it has been sent to your local office for further processing and your LPP is at “not started”.
I did the math, speculative math. Yes my file was sent for further processing, but it has not been touched since. There is an officer assigned to my case but that person did not even open the file. My file was given to this officer because such fellow probably specializes in a “””complex””” case like mine. My speculation is the following: my case is not non-routine and IRCC themselves verified it. MP just wanted to give me this answer to shut me off. Although I do believe my application needs a more “seasoned” touch from a more senior officer, I think it’s just a matter of time and that I am in queue for review. My GCMS notes clearly also explain that as there has been zero updates since my file was assigned to this officer who didn’t even open my file. I will call Monday and ask them to send a note to IRCC Scarborough to get a move on my application. Let’s see what happens.
Thank you for the update. My MP said something similar to yours. They said even it is past processing time we can't do anything. I feel like it's better to sent notification through call center. MP office is just trying to give you false relaxation.

Reactions: Anonyref

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Thank you for the update. My MP said something similar to yours. They said even it is past processing time we can't do anything. I feel like it's better to sent notification through call center. MP office is just trying to give you false relaxation.
Agreed. I know someone from this forum who passed processing times (unsure whether it was a DF applicant) notified their processing office and got LPP and Oath shortly after their notification.

Illusionist4008

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
Hey guys,
We are here to find hope while we are waiting for our ceremony. Just relax and don't discuss with each other.
I want to officially say that, DF is "derogatory refer flag" which is appear on one of my friend CBSA note.
I am not allowed to share his not because of the privacy but he was a refugee and traveled to out of Canada fo 7days. He didn't know he couldn't renew his passport and he had to use RTD instead. I think CBSA or IRCC officer wait for the boarder police of country he traveled to make sure he didn't go back home while he had a protected status in Canada.
Share your thoughts about this.
What’s is the border police from the country he traveled? Under what law the country can request another country for a police report for a random traveler! It doesn’t make any sense!

amir13213

Mar 9, 2024
What’s is the border police from the country he traveled? Under what law the country can request another country for a police report for a random traveler! It doesn’t make any sense!
True. I dont know about the law but he could go to a country using his RTD, and then using his home country passport travel back home. I don't know how they are checking that but as his RTD seized in pearson airport I came up with this guess. In his CBSA "pending removal of derogatory refer flag and ongoing cessation investigation, outcome of review: ON HOLD FILE TO: E-GRANT DF"

• Wow
Reactions: hemeda2

Illusionist4008

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
True. I dont know about the law but he could go to a country using his RTD, and then using his home country passport travel back home. I don't know how they are checking that but as his RTD seized in pearson airport I came up with this guess. In his CBSA "pending removal of derogatory refer flag and ongoing cessation investigation, outcome of review: ON HOLD FILE TO: E-GRANT DF"
Wow they seized his RTD! Maybe he was holding his back home passport too.

moden88

Star Member
May 11, 2020
I never left Canada, never renewed my home country passport, never been in the embassy, I applied for a RTD after applying for citizenship (never used until now) and yet my application is Grant DF.

Illusionist4008

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
I travelled to a neighboring country of the country I claimed asylum from but I used my RTD.

This could be the reason why my application was flagged derogatory!
I used my back home passport but not to my home country as the country I travelled doesn’t accept RTD, and when I came back to Canada I didn’t get questioned at all and it was like 3 min in the immigration, not a single question!. I don’t think it’s a problem as long as the refugee person didn’t travel back to the country he/she claimed asylum.

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Called today to notify processing office that I am past processing time. Was told they cannot because my application is non-routine as they asked the fingerprints…. All these days they said nothing and honestly every agent has their own excuse so that I am stuck here. Unbelievable.

danielkhan11

Jul 29, 2022
Hi, I have no expertise in this area, but just saying that visiting a neighboring country of your original country you seek asylum from is more dangerous than going to your own country. it is a red flag and the officer can doubt why he/she went to that country. I have seen many people visiting their original country and giving valid reasons on port of entry, have not triggered any cessation. Some of them have visited 2 times and got their citizenship after. I think they initiated the cessation process for your friend and now no one knows how long will it take.

Reactions: amir13213