+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Grant DF Club

Illusionist4008

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
I’m really not, I’m just being realistic. What’s funny is that you’re calling them racist and treating you like low class just because they haven’t finished processing your application while WITHIN processing times. Wow.
But IRCC are able to process others in 4-6 months, while I’m waiting for 10 months after the test my application collecting dust with unfair system and no FIFO.

blessedsoul2023

Sep 6, 2023
I started the Mandamus process today by talking to a lawyer, if all good probably we will file it by the end of next month. I really don't have high expectations. I would be happy with any kind of movement, even if they put my file on hold so nothing big expected.

- The first option: is to set up a full case against IRCC by ordering notes and fighting them over it getting internal officer comments ( my GCMS is highly redacted including my own communication to them ) this option is complicated and complex
but it's going to reveal a lot of info and relief for me ,
This will likely take at least 7+ months and cost around $15,000 or more (my estm) I am very interested and prepared myself to do this financially and emotionally
Once I go with this option am planning to publish every thing I can from IRCC internal notes about my case for future people stuck here, publicly ( blogs, forums, media, news etc..) , I have nothing to loose (my father is dying slowly of Cancer stage 3) and and myself right now doing Cancer checks for months all kind of medical tests as my doctor have strong suspect, good news nothing confirmed yet ,
so what I can loose else !

- The second option: as recommended by the lawyer, is stage by stage. They believe that I might be lucky since everything has been green since last year. With the first letter,
I might be able to unstuck my application to next stage like many other cases had same issue,
this is faster and will allow me to see my father sooner < 2 months. I will go with this just for the hope of seeing my father sooner.

There are other options I am considering, noticed few folks from my local community suffer from similar strange delay , I am trying to get more folks from my local community has similar strange issue so we might walk in person to IRCC SCR offices and even to Ottawa Parliament to meet any MP can help us face to face, or try to get cover from News
i hope it goes well for you. Really interested to see how it goes. Why don’t you write the first demand letter yourself and save some money

Refugeee

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
I got a ghost update today.
I'll post if I see any changes in following week.
Thats a good sign.. because nobody else got a ghost update. That means there is real movement on your file.

If everyone gets a ghost update then its just a general server update on their side and nothing meaningful or special.

I THINK YOU'RE GOOD TO GO

rydeone

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
I personally don't think, delayed application has to do with race, religion or ethnicity. At least I can confirm that with real examples from my friends and relatives. I know at least 4 applications that were finalized with 4-8 months and these people have all different ethnicities and religions. but here i am Grant DF. One difference i noticed tho, all those people are either sponsored by their spouse or came to Canada under express entry programs. and I am a refugee. So here is my theory I feel like they're prioritizing some applications over others or at least for them somehow it is easier to finish those applications. Because they want to show better statistics. But none of this justifies delay we are having and frustration that we are going through. Hopefully we ll get there soon.

uy-scuti

Star Member
Apr 25, 2023
I personally don't think, delayed application has to do with race, religion or ethnicity. At least I can confirm that with real examples from my friends and relatives. I know at least 4 applications that were finalized with 4-8 months and these people have all different ethnicities and religions. but here i am Grant DF. One difference i noticed tho, all those people are either sponsored by their spouse or came to Canada under express entry programs. and I am a refugee. So here is my theory I feel like they're prioritizing some applications over others or at least for them somehow it is easier to finish those applications. Because they want to show better statistics. But none of this justifies delay we are having and frustration that we are going through. Hopefully we ll get there soon.
I hope you are right, I also know 2 Muslims got it in about 4 months. However, my point according to my observation is that most of people who got delayed carry Muslim names wither they are refugee or landed via other immigration programs. Its just my observation and I hope I am wrong.

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
i hope it goes well for you. Really interested to see how it goes. Why don’t you write the first demand letter yourself and save some money
Thank you!.

Why don’t you write the first demand letter yourself and save some money.?
Because doing it wrong way will cause significant delay. it will takes months to fix it.

But myself I have other nice plans like going to Ottawa parliament to make noise for my MP or at least sending letters to opposition parties MPs+MPPs ( this worked for me partially :D my MP never replied to email or answered phone for 2 months) once I emailed my MPP (from NDP) she seemed was not happy also with the MP, even though immigration is NOT MPP concerns but she went so far to call the LIB MP on their personal phone and email :D , following up every day until she was sure the MP contacted me directly . (even though the MP after checking just told me to wait!!)

This is what makes me find all excuses for IRCC. I mean if my MP office don't want even care to just pick up phone call for 2 months, why IRCC should do more? you can't believe that, the responses I get from IRCC sometimes re amore informative and seem more caring about my case than the one I get from MP.
My MP said "wait until IRCC schedule you", VS IRCC said "sorry to hear this but there are mandatory further verification pending from partner"

if those MPs are the people who suppose to advocate for us, who are elected by our communities, should help us at these hard times acting likes this not even want to hear your voice for 1 min, why I should be even mad at IRCC at first, that's the honest question for myself

Refugeee

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Thank you!.

Because doing it wrong way will cause significant delay. it will takes months to fix it.

But myself I have other nice plans like going to Ottawa parliament to make noise for my MP or at least sending letters to opposition parties MPs+MPPs ( this worked for me partially :D my MP never replied to email or answered phone for 2 months) once I emailed my MPP (from NDP) she seemed was not happy also with the MP, even though immigration is NOT MPP concerns but she went so far to call the LIB MP on their personal phone and email :D , following up every day until she was sure the MP contacted me directly . (even though the MP after checking just told me to wait!!)

This is what makes me find all excuses for IRCC. I mean if my MP office don't want even care to just pick up phone call for 2 months, why IRCC should do more? you can't believe that, the responses I get from IRCC sometimes re amore informative and seem more caring about my case than the one I get from MP.
My MP said "wait until IRCC schedule you", VS IRCC said "sorry to hear this but there are mandatory further verification pending from partner"

if those MPs are the people who suppose to advocate for us, who are elected by our communities, should help us at these hard times acting likes this not even want to hear your voice for 1 min, why I should be even mad at IRCC at first, that's the honest question for myself
Hard times?
What hard times?
You have a privilege (not a right) to be in Canada!
Canada doesn’t owe you anything!
As a matter of fact you owe Canada EVERYTHING!

Just relax, you can work (hope you are and not on social assistance)! Most of the people crying are usually the ones who aren’t doing nothing but sitting on welfare and draining us working folks taxes! Yet they are the first ones crying like they are owed anything!

We are permanent residents! We can work! We can travel and we live in peace and safety!
Only thing is you can’t vote! Boo boo big deal!
Yes I understand it is frustrating but it’s not the end of the world! You will get that passport you so desperately want! I wonder if it will make you richer, happier etc! Or is it just a trophy to boast to people back in your home country that you have a Canadian passport?

Quit the self centred yapping!
Ungrateful!

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
Hard times?
What hard times?
You have a privilege (not a right) to be in Canada!
Canada doesn’t owe you anything!
As a matter of fact you owe Canada EVERYTHING!

Just relax, you can work (hope you are and not on social assistance)! Most of the people crying are usually the ones who aren’t doing nothing but sitting on welfare and draining us working folks taxes! Yet they are the first ones crying like they are owed anything!

We are permanent residents! We can work! We can travel and we live in peace and safety!
Only thing is you can’t vote! Boo boo big deal!
Yes I understand it is frustrating but it’s not the end of the world! You will get that passport you so desperately want! I wonder if it will make you richer, happier etc! Or is it just a trophy to boast to people back in your home country that you have a Canadian passport?

Quit the self centred yapping!
Ungrateful!
Man stfu. He clearly mentioned that he wants to travel and visit his father who is is sick so stfu again.