+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Grant DF Club

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Have you been asked to submit your fingerprints before? If yes, and it has been over a year, then I believe it’s bending your criminality check and you will be asked to resubmit a new set of fingerprints.
Yes that is correct. My FPs expired in April.

Supz777

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
I applied for citizenship in May, 2023, my file was transferred from Scarborough to Mississauga IRCC office and I have been on E-Grant DF and then E- Grant. My LPP was completed in October 2023, in December of 2023 I wrote IRCC an email and they never replied the email only for them to now reply the email I wrote over 5 months ago yesterday saying

"Good day,
Your application is in the queue to be rescheduled for a ceremony and we are unable provide you with a specific timeframe. Once you have been rescheduled, we will contact you by email.

Please note this email inbox does not provide future event dates. You are encouraged to routinely check your e-mail (both inbox and spam folders) for any notifications and upcoming events regarding the next steps of your application.

Thank you,

IRCC Ceremony Team"

The reply above is from IRCC Mississauga office, the IRCC has never schedule me for oath ceremony that I missed, so why are they now telling me about rescheduled ceremony, I am fed up with IRCC games regarding this my citizenship application.

rydeone

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
what is your timeline?
Feb 7, 2023
Application filed
Mar 15, 2023
Activity status updated: Background verification
Mar 17, 2023
Activity status updated: Citizenship test
Mar 24, 2023
Scheduled for citizenship test
Mar 31, 2023
Activity status updated: Citizenship test
Sep 21, 2023
Interview required
Sep 21, 2023
Activity status updated: Prohibitions
Sep 21, 2023
Activity status updated: Physical presence
Sep 21, 2023
Activity status updated: Language skills
May 17, 2024
Activity status updated: Citizenship oath
May 28, 2024
Activity status updated: Citizenship oath

Reactions: citapplicant

billsnjays416

Star Member
Apr 12, 2024
Here is the DF club but I'm not part of it. but there is a similarity here. I've been waiting almost 20 months and the reason is a long SS process.
They put my application "on Hold" sometimes end of August 2023. My application is waiting for CSIS and a couple of note requests from CSIS did not bring me anything, as my case is under processing and for a whatever stupid rule they can not provide me any info. long story short, I'm going to hire a lawyer in a couple of weeks to start the writ of mandamus process.
how long did it take to get CSIS notes?

Rohitt_Sharma

Jan 10, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
15-02-2018
The process seems to be very uncertain. I applied in Nov 2022 and took my oath in April 2024. A friend of mine applied in Oct 2023 and got his oath in March 2024. The only difference was that he was a single applicant as his wife didn't fulfill the criteria yet whereas Me and my wife applied as family.

Reactions: billsnjays416

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
The process seems to be very uncertain. I applied in Nov 2022 and took my oath in April 2024. A friend of mine applied in Oct 2023 and got his oath in March 2024. The only difference was that he was a single applicant as his wife didn't fulfill the criteria yet whereas Me and my wife applied as family.
when was you AOR and what was processing time estimate when you applied? i am starting to realize and think that the updated processing time doesnt automatically apply to those who applied before updated estimated time.. so i agree when i people say that the priority seem to be the newer applications and that is why the most recent applications are being completed within and less than the recent estimated processing time.. verses applications from when it was a 14 or 16 month processing timeline.

Rohitt_Sharma

Jan 10, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
15-02-2018
when was you AOR and what was processing time estimate when you applied? i am starting to realize and think that the updated processing time doesnt automatically apply to those who applied before updated estimated time.. so i agree when i people say that the priority seem to be the newer applications and that is why the most recent applications are being completed within and less than the recent estimated processing time.. verses applications from when it was a 14 or 16 month processing timeline.
it was a similar timeframe for me as well. 12-14 months. But I had in my circle who applied a month after me , i.e. Dec 2022 and got her Oath in May 2023. But again she was a single applicant.

billsnjays416

Star Member
Apr 12, 2024
I
Some people in this forum posted about had committed crime (summery and indictable) did their time and they got their citizenship without too much delay like my cases.

check this guy :(Canadian Citizenship Application with Arrest Record from FBI, any chance for me?)
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/canadian-citizenship-application-with-arrest-record-from-fbi-any-chance-for-me.766749/#post-10069131

Application Received: 6/27/2022 -> Oath Ceremony in person at Mississauga office: 11/9/2022

the trigger probably not committing crime but something like common name in global lists like the one the ICES,PPP etc.. maintains

I have passed BCG + Prohibition, not just completed but written (PASSED), never got time to travel 30 KM outside Toronto downtown in last 7 years, so it's not about crimes or travelling history.
I remember a guy in this forum or in Facebook he mentioned he has security clearance + work in the government Federal position and also stuck in Grant DF

second trigger is just an officer that doesn't like something about your application due to urgent requests/ATIP requests/ just doesn't like your application lol etc.. (taking into consideration of IRCC transparency issues ) I start to believe this is the 40% would the trigger, 30% name match, 30% CSIS refers our application to this process. because this is the only step we know it's completed but we don't see if passed or not passed.
I'm def on this second trigger boat, requested a couple of ATIP and also requested urgent processing with a job offer letter back in April after BG. received no communication since and prohibitions still pending. Officer looking at my app, deffo sent it to the gulag! sucked so much to eventually pass on the job but freeing in that I now just don't give a fuck, even if it took another year.