+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

graduate vs undergraduate visa rejection rates

soie76

Star Member
Aug 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was wondering if there is any difference in the rejection rules if you are applying for a graduate or an undergraduate degree.
Thinking this because, if i gather correctly they do want more skilled educated people to settle in canada and those who r applying for higher degrees fill this criteria more.
Anyone who also thinks this when they got their visa rejected pls comment

jassi89

Aug 8, 2011
Dehradun
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
re-applying
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Pre Medical
VISA ISSUED...
This time hoping..
LANDED..........
Jaddon rabba chahega...
Hiii...

Its not important for VO to check whether the candidate is UG or PG.. The thing is VO will grant visa if you are a genuine student,
and their is no visa grant rate because student mostly go canada after completing their graduation very less UG students apply for visa. So their is no measurement in grant rates.

Point to be noted is: you have to tell the VO same things that he wants to know (i.e you will not settle in canada after authorize period) and once you get visa you are the king do whatever you want.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soie76 said:
I was wondering if there is any difference in the rejection rules if you are applying for a graduate or an undergraduate degree.
Thinking this because, if i gather correctly they do want more skilled educated people to settle in canada and those who r applying for higher degrees fill this criteria more.
Anyone who also thinks this when they got their visa rejected pls comment
Hi,

Interesting Post ! Well, I think there is no difference between PG and UG visa success rates. But yes there is one thing which goes in favour of PG Students. As you might be aware, getting into a Grauduate program on a University level is not a cake walk. You must have some strong credentials like Academics, GPA, GMAT (if applicable), strong SOP, CV, Work Experience etc. Only good students (or atleast above average) manage to get into a ranked University.

So, I have 'no doubt' these factors play huge role in Graduate applicant visa success.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can find tons of sample SOPs on the web but its highly reccommended that you make your own. You can always consult from the samples to understand the format etc. The last thing you want is to be caught for Palagarism. You never know, as samples are on WORLDWIDE web ;)

soie76

Star Member
Aug 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a_a_d.
I am not a big fan of plagiarism at all. I know my strengths and luckily writing is one of them, which should help me in this case.
i did want to see a format which you have helpfully suggested to search on the web. :)
However, my concern still stands regarding the visa issuance. There seems to be no settled trend for it. They are refusing genuine students too.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another way of looking at this is the Statement of Purpose that you must have made while applying to a particular course. Review it and ammend the details to structure it as an SOP/ Study Plan for your visa application.

plussy

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
NOC Code......
LIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Just a quick inquiry.

What are the chances of a newly graduate secondary student getting a study permit to pursue post-secondary education in a Canadian Institution?

Please give links on the procedure in applying study permits.

Thanks. :D