+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Government of Canada - Free PRs

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
I think there will be modifications to the requirements at some point in the coming days or weeks.

For instance, will they spread the 40k slots over the provinces (minus Quebec)? Would they have a cap of number of applications per month? Can current EE applicants apply for the same program? Does a completion letter count as a proof of graduation?

So many unknowns right now that it creates a bit of connundrum trying to figure stuff out before further details are available.

Per number of applicants, one shouldn't be under any illusions. There are a LOT of international graduates in Canada. Don't forget this is practically four years (12 semesters) worth of graduates. If they open it up like the Ontario streams for instance then I expect it will be full within a day.

Interesting times though that is for sure.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I think there will be modifications to the requirements at some point in the coming days or weeks.

For instance, will they spread the 40k slots over the provinces (minus Quebec)? Would they have a cap of number of applications per month? Can current EE applicants apply for the same program? Does a completion letter count as a proof of graduation?

So many unknowns right now that it creates a bit of connundrum trying to figure stuff out before further details are available.

Per number of applicants, one shouldn't be under any illusions. There are a LOT of international graduates in Canada. Don't forget this is practically four years (12 semesters) worth of graduates. If they open it up like the Ontario streams for instance then I expect it will be full within a day.

That's true, I am wondering about the 1560 hours if part time requirement for essential workers.

Does it have a limit of 30 hours a week if part time? I know CEC has that limit of 30 hours a week only.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
That's true, I am wondering about the 1560 hours if part time requirement for essential workers.

Does it have a limit of 30 hours a week if part time? I know CEC has that limit of 30 hours a week only.
I have no idea, 30hours is generally considered full-time in most Canadian jurisdictions so that would be the safe bet.

In any case, if the work experience could have been gained even while on a study permit then I will qualify for working 15hours over two years, but fingers crossed.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I have no idea, 30hours is generally considered full-time in most Canadian jurisdictions so that would be the safe bet.

In any case, if the work experience could have been gained even while on a study permit then I will qualify for working 15hours over two years, but fingers crossed.
Oh well, let's hope IRCC comes out with more clarity prior to May 6th.

Reactions: hhzara

kikstaroxy

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Just to clarify. The student stream does not need job experience. As long as you have valid status and have graduated from a public institution you can apply

Reactions: Riri15

suneelparwani

Dec 19, 2020
Also, while I qualify for the international student stream, I reckon the lack of a formal certificate (until the official graduation date in early June) might be a bummer.

Already had a FSW application rejected because I needed to submit degree certificates instead of a completion letter.

Hope they are a bit more flexible this time around. Be great for everybody.
Seriously? i am in the same boat. I completed all the requirements for the degree back in December 2020 but a degree will be awarded in June 2021.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Seriously? i am in the same boat. I completed all the requirements for the degree back in December 2020 but a degree will be awarded in June 2021.
Yes, it is actually a thing. I did not know this until I applied myself. Apparently it is a new thing - or wasn't very well known until recently because I had friends who applied with the same prior to 2018 and they got their PRs no problem.

Relevant links:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/will-cic-accept-degree-completion-letter-for-proofing-the-education.466538/page-3

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ee-application-cancelled-due-to-file-incomplete.671282/

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
IRCC should be a little bit lenient if one has no completion letter, or even ask for it later.
Specially with COVID-19, DLI's are delaying processes like that.

sq96

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
Yes, it is actually a thing. I did not know this until I applied myself. Apparently it is a new thing - or wasn't very well known until recently because I had friends who applied with the same prior to 2018 and they got their PRs no problem.

Relevant links:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/will-cic-accept-degree-completion-letter-for-proofing-the-education.466538/page-3

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ee-application-cancelled-due-to-file-incomplete.671282/
Oh man, I don't have my current diploma on hand, it was missplaced awhile back, I requested for a replacement however, since most colleges are closed they aren't issuing replacements.

I applied for my PGWP without the diploma certificate and only the completion letter from my college as well as my official transcript.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised if they run this program more than once. It seems they're really keen on meeting their immigration quotas but at the same time avoiding the political fallout from letting FSWs in
Don’t think this will happen more than once. This is purely due to covid. It is much easier to process PRs for individuals already in Canada who are often already working, already living somewhere, etc. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were some more targetted immigration programs for healthcare workers like personal support workers, food processing, distribution workers and other lower wage essential workers going forward versus really prioritizing skilled workers.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

The goal is to have a labour force ready for a recovery so it would make sense to take applications as they come in versus have a monthly quota.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Anyone knows if this will apply to those working in Quebec?? The eligibility states 'intend to reside outside of Quebec' but didn't really mention you have to PHYSICALLY be outside of QC.
You would need to prove that you are going to live outside Quebec like moving to another province during the processing or providing proof the you have accepted a job in another province and have submitted your notice to your job in Quebec and given notice for your lease. Quebec runs their own immigration programs so isn’t included in this new program.