skepar

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Macedonia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear forum members,

I will appreciate any advice or explanation regarding my case.
I came from Not-Visa exempt country hence I require TRV to enter Canada. A while ago I have applied for Work Permit visa together with my spouse and we received our visas.
Looking at the visa stamp in both passports my and my spouse we received identical visas (Purpose: Worker W-1 and Multiple entry). My question is why is that the case shouldn't my spouse get a Visitor visa?
Will she be able to stay with me in Canada during the full period of the permit (around 2.5 years) or she will need to review her visa every 6 months?

I will appreciate any advice from you guys.

Thanks

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skepar said:
Dear forum members,

I will appreciate any advice or explanation regarding my case.
I came from Not-Visa exempt country hence I require TRV to enter Canada. A while ago I have applied for Work Permit visa together with my spouse and we received our visas.
Looking at the visa stamp in both passports my and my spouse we received identical visas (Purpose: Worker W-1 and Multiple entry). My question is why is that the case shouldn't my spouse get a Visitor visa?
Will she be able to stay with me in Canada during the full period of the permit (around 2.5 years) or she will need to review her visa every 6 months?

I will appreciate any advice from you guys.

Thanks
Well - unless you did not apply specifically a spouse work permit for your wife, then lucky you and her. She was given authorization to work, presumably in this case, because the NoC you fall under makes here eligible (she may be issued a spouse open work permit). The issuance of W-1 in both of your visas is a flag for CBSA to process both of you as workers when you enter the country.

Yes - she will be able to join you for the full duration specified in the WP to be issued to you upon entering Canada. The duration will be specified in the WP issued to both of you, and most often, it is issued for the full period of your authorization or in some cases up to the expiry of your current passport (this happens if the passport validity is much shorter than that of the authorized work period - in your case 2.5 years). If you are both travelling together, then the duration of your authorized stay/temporary residence will be the same.

The WP issued to both of you at the PoE accords you temporary residence and worker status up to the expiry. So there is no need for renewal every 6months as she is not a visitor. The W-1 class on the visa stamp is seen as a flag for CBSA to process both of you as workers entering the country, not as visitors.

And if both of you received multiple entry visas with a validity up to your authorized work period (assuming 2.5 years) - then you can use the visa (for vacations outside Canada) up to the expiry date.

.../congratulations and all the best....