+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got Visitor Record but NO Visitor Visa (online application)

kikori

Feb 6, 2015
I got my Visitor Record a few days ago, after applying for Visitor Visa online from within Canada (IMM5708E submitted) . I'm personally surprised that I didn't get a TRV, but after looking at the site, it seems like what I need to submit is http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5721E.pdf, which I know how to submit on paper. However, when I go through the "Visitor visa, study and/or work permit" questionaire online, no matter what options I choose, I always get the Extern your stay form instead.

So I think I'm just gonna apply for TRV on paper instead, but just wanna ask people here if they were able to apply online so that I can do it as well (since its more convenient)

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
kikori said:
I got my Visitor Record a few days ago, after applying for Visitor Visa online from within Canada (IMM5708E submitted) . I'm personally surprised that I didn't get a TRV, but after looking at the site, it seems like what I need to submit is http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5721E.pdf, which I know how to submit on paper. However, when I go through the "Visitor visa, study and/or work permit" questionaire online, no matter what options I choose, I always get the Extern your stay form instead.

So I think I'm just gonna apply for TRV on paper instead, but just wanna ask people here if they were able to apply online so that I can do it as well (since its more convenient)
IMM5708 is used to extend your stay... IMM5721 is for a TRV... both are different and not related.

What do you want to do? Extend your stay? Get a new TRV?

Yes. It is possible through the online tool to get a TRV application. What is your current status in Canada?

kikori

Feb 6, 2015
Current status in Canada is a worker. I'm thinking about submitting paper TRV application so that I can send along my passport at the same time instead of waiting for them to request it. It makes sense right?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
kikori said:
Current status in Canada is a worker. I'm thinking about submitting paper TRV application so that I can send along my passport at the same time instead of waiting for them to request it. It makes sense right?
Sure.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
kikori said:

Visa is required to enter Canada. Visitor Record extends your stay in Canada. If you already in Canada then why are you applying for TRV?

kikori

Feb 6, 2015
Because I plan to travel outside Canada for vacation and come back again. Without TRV, I won't be able to re-enter.

Gowsh

Oct 10, 2015

Hello.. I have few queries regarding vistor record..can you please help me out with this . Thanks in advance

Jun 4, 2018
I received my Visitor Record today. I would like to apply TRV by online. Could you please suggest to me how to apply online for TRV?
Because I plan to travel outside Canada for vacation and come back again.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I received my Visitor Record today. I would like to apply TRV by online. Could you please suggest to me how to apply online for TRV?
You cannot apply for a new TRV now. You can apply when you return to your home country/any other country where you can demonstrate your ties

Because I plan to travel outside Canada for vacation and come back again.
Shouldn't it be the other way around... that you visit Canada for vacations and then return to your home country?

Reactions: bellaluna

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Visitor

Thanks
You would be able to apply for TRV in Canada if your counterfoil (visitor visa) has expired and you are on a work or student visa. If you are in Canada as a visitor and your visitor visa has not expired then you do not need to re-apply. If it has expired or was for single entry then you need to apply from your home country.