+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GOT VISA !

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
Its TRV not PRV ! ;D

I got visa, so will be traveling soon (maybe Sept/Oct)

Ok guys want to share this with you all ....

I got interested in Canada immigration in June 2010. I qualified under both Skilled and Investor category. In July hired a lawyer to file application under NOC1122 as they told me its more easy, fast and cost effective than Investor. According to my lawyer everything was great and all my documents were ready on time. By July end, when I got IELTS done, I decided not to apply under skilled worker. Reason : In my opinion refusal rates these days are very high and NOC1122 being new did not want to try my luck. Could not believe my lawyer saying everything is perfect in my case.

Then by Aug 2010, I prepared my application for investor category (though it costs a lot) and meanwhile applied for TRV (really hard to get approved) so I can see this Canada if its really up to my expectation or not. I have traveled so many countries to Europe and Asia but not Americas, so need to get first hand experience.

Will update on my case and share my experience with NOC1122 friends. :)

canada121

Apr 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/08/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
CONGRATULATIONS DEAR!!

Wishing you all the luck in Canada!!

Cheers!!

idas

Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
DONE :-)
Congrats.

But not clear about the time-line as CIC says the following then how come you applied on Aug 10?

CIC has temporarily stopped accepting applications for the federal immigrant investor program. Only applications postmarked or received before June 26, 2010.

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
idas said:
Congrats.

But not clear about the time-line as CIC says the following then how come you applied on Aug 10?
YES, true ...
I did it through Quebec Program ;)
It is opened until end of this month ...

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
canada121 said:
CONGRATULATIONS DEAR!!

Wishing you all the luck in Canada!!

Cheers!!
Thanks !
We need to check time line of NOC1122 vs Investor .... so keep in touch. Hope everyone gets what is best for them.

bestpal

Aug 5, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0111 Financial Controller
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
Doc's Request.
14-01-2010
AOR Received.
2nd on 25-06-2010
IELTS Request
8 Bands
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PPs sent 05-11-2012! Visas stamped 15-11-2012 recd PPs back on 01-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
20 January 2013;,as God willed! Thank God for mercies!
fromdubai said:
Its TRV not PRV ! ;D

I got visa, so will be traveling soon (maybe Sept/Oct)

Ok guys want to share this with you all ....

I got interested in Canada immigration in June 2010. I qualified under both Skilled and Investor category. In July hired a lawyer to file application under NOC1122 as they told me its more easy, fast and cost effective than Investor. According to my lawyer everything was great and all my documents were ready on time. By July end, when I got IELTS done, I decided not to apply under skilled worker. Reason : In my opinion refusal rates these days are very high and NOC1122 being new did not want to try my luck. Could not believe my lawyer saying everything is perfect in my case.

Then by Aug 2010, I prepared my application for investor category (though it costs a lot) and meanwhile applied for TRV (really hard to get approved) so I can see this Canada if its really up to my expectation or not. I have traveled so many countries to Europe and Asia but not Americas, so need to get first hand experience.

Will update on my case and share my experience with NOC1122 friends. :)
That is heartening to know! Congrats and Best Wishes!,

Bestpal

samdxb

Star Member
Jun 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
1 june letter dated 25 may
VISA ISSUED...
sent on 8 june, stamped 17 june, recieved 28 june
LANDED..........
26 july Inshallah
congrats....did ur consultant help u with the TRV? which consultant?

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
samdxb said:
congrats....did ur consultant help u with the TRV? which consultant?

I did not use consultant and please never use it !
They will take money and in the end will spoil your case.

Instead of guiding you they will give all false information targeting their fee only.

If you are qualified you will get visa and if you do not qualify you will not get visa ...
Give your reason(s) to VO along with supporting documents - that's it !

I see lot of people paying hard earned money to consultants and their consultants do just one thing TYPE THE FORMS on their behalf only.

samdxb

Star Member
Jun 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26 july Inshallah
fromdubai said:
I did not use consultant and please never use it !
They will take money and in the end will spoil your case.

Instead of guiding you they will give all false information targeting their fee only.

If you are qualified you will get visa and if you do not qualify you will not get visa ...
Give your reason(s) to VO along with supporting documents - that's it !

I see lot of people paying hard earned money to consultants and their consultants do just one thing TYPE THE FORMS on their behalf only.
thanks for ur advise...but u have mentioned a LAWYER....how does it work?

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
samdxb said:
thanks for ur advise...but u have mentioned a LAWYER....how does it work?

Lawyer for investor application I took. For visit visa TRV, I said never use it. Note :
1. Investment money (400,000 CAD or now its being doubled) is taken by banks. These banks normally do not work without agent (lawyer)
2. For Skilled Worker - lawyer can type your form nicely and share some info, but ultimately you have to take care of your application, many a times they make errors; I have experience, even the best of the best only types your application - that's it. So if you have money and less time, then take lawyer. So what I am saying, if you have lawyer or no lawyer - ultimately you have to do all things yourself. Lawyer may/may not be helpful at a cost.

Actually I have spoken to two Canadian immigration officers in the past, from their talks I found they hate representative. Their advice - do it yourself. I agree with them. But most of us still thinks lawyer may add value, so we choose lawyers ;)

samdxb

Star Member
Jun 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26 july Inshallah
fromdubai said:
Lawyer for investor application I took. For visit visa TRV, I said never use it. Note :
1. Investment money (400,000 CAD or now its being doubled) is taken by banks. These banks normally do not work without agent (lawyer)
2. For Skilled Worker - lawyer can type your form nicely and share some info, but ultimately you have to take care of your application, many a times they make errors; I have experience, even the best of the best only types your application - that's it. So if you have money and less time, then take lawyer. So what I am saying, if you have lawyer or no lawyer - ultimately you have to do all things yourself. Lawyer may/may not be helpful at a cost.

Actually I have spoken to two Canadian immigration officers in the past, from their talks I found they hate representative. Their advice - do it yourself. I agree with them. But most of us still thinks lawyer may add value, so we choose lawyers ;)
Hmm...i see. Actually i m a landed immigrant in dubai. i have a baby coming up in november so i have to arrange for TRV or TRP..which is difficult to get. there fore im a lil worried. Could you please share what dos u used to make ur case strong.

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
samdxb said:
Hmm...i see. Actually i m a landed immigrant in dubai. i have a baby coming up in november so i have to arrange for TRV or TRP..which is difficult to get. there fore im a lil worried. Could you please share what dos u used to make ur case strong.
I will PM you my mobile. Call me ;)