+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

got visa and pregnant

awn

Sep 29, 2006
me & my husband (+ our child) got our stamped visa last week. We applied for skilled worker in 2004 and just right after sending the passports to CHC London, I found out about my pregnancy. We informed the lawyer and he said that If a baby is born before our application is finalized, then we must include the newborn on our application. The CIC publishes this official statement, "Failure to advise us of changes will result in the need for a new application and new fees for all family members."

I told him that the physician said expected delivery date is Jan 2007, he (lawyer)requested to advise him as soon we have the baby and he will update the CHC on our behalf.

I am worried now, will they stop us from taking our baby with us at time of landing, cause I am planing to have the baby here in my place (UAE) rather than there?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

awn said:
me & my husband (+ our child) got our stamped visa last week. We applied for skilled worker in 2004 and just right after sending the passports to CHC London, I found out about my pregnancy. We informed the lawyer and he said that If a baby is born before our application is finalized, then we must include the newborn on our application. The CIC publishes this official statement, "Failure to advise us of changes will result in the need for a new application and new fees for all family members."

I told him that the physician said expected delivery date is Jan 2007, he (lawyer)requested to advise him as soon we have the baby and he will update the CHC on our behalf.

I am worried now, will they stop us from taking our baby with us at time of landing, cause I am planing to have the baby here in my place (UAE) rather than there?
If you have the baby outside Canada, then your visas are no longer valid. You will have to return them to the issuing office and add the child to the application. The child will require a passport, birth certificate and a medical exam. The child will most likely not be issued a TRV to go to Canada as a visitor.

PMM

awn

Sep 29, 2006
Ok PMM,

How about landing and coming back to UAE and then having the baby. How will we add the baby?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

awn said:
Ok PMM,

How about landing and coming back to UAE and then having the baby. How will we add the baby?
If you land, then return to the UAE to have the baby, then one of you will have to return to Canada and set up residence and sponsor the child. It is very unlikely that CHC will issue a TRV that allows the child to travel to Canada as a visitor.

PMM