+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got TRV (work VISA) to return to Canada - some questions

Bangladeshi_boy

Apr 15, 2018
Just to give people my background: I was living in Canada on Work Permit (was doing a full time job), then had to come back to my home country (Bangladesh) due to a family emergency (I left my job when coming here). Then I applied for a TRV to return to Canada from Bangladesh. Got my TRV a while back. My VISA has been issued on 17th September 2021 and it is valid until 16th March 2024.

So 2 questions:
1) Now that I have my VISA, I can travel to Canada without problem, correct? Or do I need a job offer to enter? Based on my knowledge, they opened the border after 7th Sept, and will allow people to travel, is that correct? I am also fully vaccinated (double shot of Pfizer).

2) Is it OK for me to delay the travel, like I want to travel somewhere around January next year. Since my VISA is valid until 2024, I can travel anytime before that, right? I want to travel 2-3 months later. Or is there a requirement that I have to travel immediately post having the VISA? This point is important as I don't want my VISA getting damaged.

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
If you have PWGP (Open work permit) and valid TRV (Temporary resident visa) then you can travel without job offer.

You can choose to travel whenever you want. You may want to check travel restrictions and requirements before you book the ticket. I hope this helps!

jhkrish2123

May 2, 2020
@Bangladeshi_boy Can I know When you applied TRV and how long it took for IRCC to get back on TRV. Did they provide you TRV Until your work permit expiry date or more ? Please let me know. Thank you

jhkrish2123

May 2, 2020
@Bangladeshi_boy Thanks for your timeline. I am actually on Extension of bridge work permit. I applied TRV and I travelled to India ? Do you have any idea if they accept my application and request passport ? Or do they reject ?

Bangladeshi_boy

Apr 15, 2018
nope, applied from Bangladesh. The estimated time in website shows 100+ days for canada, and about 30 days from Bangladesh. so I knew what to do.

Ajay8879

Dec 3, 2021
I have applied for trv inside canada 27th January 2021 and moved to india and got my file transferred to india.
Biometrics done 6 august
Medical updated 27august
But still waiting for ppr can anyone tell me how much time they will take or any solution for this problem
Thanks in advance

Bangladeshi_boy

Apr 15, 2018
I have applied for trv inside canada 27th January 2021 and moved to india and got my file transferred to india.
Biometrics done 6 august
Medical updated 27august
But still waiting for ppr can anyone tell me how much time they will take or any solution for this problem
Thanks in advance
Biometrics done 6 august
Medical updated 27august
Thanks in advance
According to cic website, it should take 45 days from India ... dunno why it's taking so long. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html You can check it here.

@RavRishi yes they did.

RavRishi

Jun 12, 2020
According to cic website, it should take 45 days from India ... dunno why it's taking so long. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html You can check it here.

@RavRishi yes they did.
when they started your Background check??
My friend applied his TRV inside Canada on May 26 2021
Then moved to India on Nov 09 2021
first background check was Not applicable
but on Dec 04 2021 they started his background check.
Any clue when they finish his background check?

Dec 24, 2021
I have applied for TRV in Jan 2021 while I was in Canada.Due to some reason I came back to India in October without TRV. Today I got passport submission request.Can anyone help me what should I do now? Where should I send my passport?