+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got this when i checked my online status on cic

calgaryboy25

May 29, 2012
i got the same thing yesterday, i hope this is finger print request. one of my friend recently got citizenship and she never got finger print request, wondering why

JaihLee416

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
As everyone already said its 99.99% FP. i got mine after test /interview.
on Ecase Jan 15 and letter on jan 18 from CIC st claire.
plz get it ASAP and make sure to ask copy from FP agency in case you wanna follow up with RCMP or CIC.
Also double check all info on on FP confirmation copy eg UCI no, office , DL /Health card no etc
I call cic and they say its FP. I assumed my husbands name after marriage. My passport and PR card still have my old name. So should i do the FP with the old name or new name?

Also, so you said that I can still get test request because it has nothing to do with FP? so i guess it wont delay too much. I was thinking they would not send me the invite to do test until the FP is done.

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
Curious question: what triggers FP. is it plain random or some particular criteria seems to have more FPs than others?

Anyone with any knowledge?

shekhawatmx

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dubai UAE
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 May 2009
File Transfer...
16 june 2009 from CIO
Med's Request
26 aug 2009
Med's Done....
8 oct 2009 at mumbai INDIA
Passport Req..
17 feb 2010 by email
VISA ISSUED...
22 march 2010 got pp back on 29 march 2010
LANDED..........
20 Aug 2010
I call cic and they say its FP. I assumed my husbands name after marriage. My passport and PR card still have my old name. So should i do the FP with the old name or new name?

Also, so you said that I can still get test request because it has nothing to do with FP? so i guess it wont delay too much. I was thinking they would not send me the invite to do test until the FP is done.
I’m assuming you have applied with new name and included all name change supporting documents.

There will be Personal Details on FP letter which needs to be used for FP processing.

JaihLee416

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Have they ever collected your fingerprint in a prior application ? Like student or worker visa or PR ?
Yeah they collected for PR. But I got married after and changed my name so not sure if that’s the reason. I got the letter a day after and did my finger prints. They will send directly to cic. Anyone ever get this letter and got test invite soon after?

ik1

Jan 31, 2018
I saw this last note this morning but i did not get an email. Is this the test request or they need more info? Anyone got this before?

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 15, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 4, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on January 23, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

How many businesses days it tooks for you to get the correspondence in your mail box? In my case correspondence was sent on April 6 but I haven’t received it as of yet.

JaihLee416

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
How many businesses days it tooks for you to get the correspondence in your mail box? In my case correspondence was sent on April 6 but I haven’t received it as of yet.
I am actually still waiting for the mail. maybe get it this afternoon or Monday. I rmbr when my letter for finger print was sent it took 2 days.

ik1

Jan 31, 2018
I am actually still waiting for the mail. maybe get it this afternoon or Monday. I rmbr when my letter for finger print was sent it took 2 days.

I have called IRCC and they have reissued the letter to me on April 17, i got the letter requesting for FP on April 20th.

ajay1979

May 28, 2019
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 1, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 21, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on February 10, 2020.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 14, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. Done Finger Print on Februruy 27 , 2020
  5. We sent you correspondence on December 18, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
What whould be 5th Nothing reived on e mail ?