+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got this letter today, Family class outland September 2023

alljacks

Jan 18, 2024
Everything was going smoothly with our application until this morning when we received this letter. Prior we had AOR, SA, biometrics, medical, elegibilty completed and prearrival. Now we are concerned and confused.

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
As per Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugees Protection Act (“the Act”), in order for you to receive
permanent residence an officer must be satisfied that both you and your applicable family members are not inadmissible
and meet the requirements of the Act.
Furthermore, Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that: “A person who makes an
application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa
and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.”
In order to assess your eligibility and admissibilities, an officer has deemed the following as required:
:
> Details of Govt Service: You are required to provide a completed Details of Government Service
(IMM0149) form, containing the specifics of your duties in your government position. Failure to provide complete
information may delay the processing of your application. Ensure to provide the information in chronological order and
with NO gaps in information. If you cannot fit all requested details on the form please provide an addendum.
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/documents/pdf/english/kits/forms/imm0149e.pdf. This must be received at
this office by: 2024/02/17
> Schedule A: You have submitted an incomplete Schedule A Background / Declaration (IMM5669)
form(s) with "Address history" gaps between 2016/08 to 2017/07. When filling out the “Personal History” and
“Addresses” sections of this form, you must provide details for every month and year since the age of 18 or the past 10
years from the date on which your application was received, whichever is most recent. There can be no gaps in this
period of time. You may obtain this form at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5669E.pdf.
This must be received at this office by: 2024/02/17
If you are unable to submit the requested document(s), you must notify our office before the due date with an
explanation and proof as to why you are unable to submit the documents.
If we do not receive a response from you within the time allotted to you from the date of this notice, your application may
be refused in accordance with subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection

My question is as follows my wife is a teacher in Philippines, she has been employed with the department of education since 2022. And we have included this in the government positions section of imm5669 on original submission. Now that we are reviewing to resend this form along with the new imm0149, we are overthinking everything. In personal history my wife was teacher as well as student at a different school until present. My question is she was a volunteer at the school(2018-2022) that she is currently employed for 4 years prior to her being a permanent paid teacher, does the volunteer years count as government position to be included on imm0149? Anyone have experience with this similar situation? Don't want to mess it up and get the misrepresentation.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My question is she was a volunteer at the school(2018-2022) that she is currently employed for 4 years prior to her being a permanent paid teacher, does the volunteer years count as government position to be included on imm0149? Anyone have experience with this similar situation? Don't want to mess it up and get the misrepresentation.
If in doubt, disclose. If I understand correctly she was volunteering while also a student or otherwise employed? At any rate - include a letter of explanation and ... well, explain. Doens't have to be complicated, just the facts.

Reactions: alljacks

alljacks

Jan 18, 2024
Yes we have disclosed everything possible, just worried about over-disclosing (Incase volunteering doesn't count as government position), my wife has been a student basically her whole life, she is currently teaching (high school) and pursing masters degree on the weekends. She has been a paid teacher since 2022 but before becoming a teacher she volunteered at the school for 4 years. The mistake we made on the original imm5669 is the date for her address (we accidentally put the date of her 19th birthday instead of 18th birthday, but she has had the same address since birth which we will correct and included in the loe) thank you for your reply

Reactions: armoured