+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got the Visa guys....thnx a ton for all your help

robicon

May 11, 2011
Applied on 12th of july...medical already done....got my visa on 21st july....study permit(not under SPP)...now please do help me in booking tickets which flight is cheaper n better for luggage(Mum to Montreal)?should i buy laptos n mobile phones from here.what else should i buy from here?
Thanking you all lovely people out there who helped me through ...god bless
Regards,
Robicon.

fendsits

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7.5 overall band
Med's Done....
18/06/2011
VISA ISSUED...
Thanks to the almighty on 12/8/2011
LANDED..........
very soon...
congratulations and i think laptops are much more sophisticated over there and cheap too .....try www.kijiji.ca for laptops...all the best

senseNsimplicity

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6th July 2011
Doc's Request.
27th july 2011
IELTS Request
30-04-2010
Med's Request
Pre-Med
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2011
hey buddy,
Congrats for ur visa :)

Can you please share
1)if ur admit is funded or non funded?
2) if you paid 1st sem fee before visa filling?
3) ur funding details(loan etc)

I have also applied on 6th july(non spp) at chd but still waiting :(

robicon

May 11, 2011
thnx....admit not funded,didn't pay the fee at all while filing and i showed 20L loan letter and sum 10L liquid fund ...

kewal1889

May 10, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-14
Doc's Request.
no request still
which chc you have applied to ???

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
All trans-pacific/trans-Atlantic flights allow 2 luggage with 23kg each. Hand allowance is 7kg (baggage). Lemme give you a tip here. Instead of carrying a big bag/suitcase, try carrying small shoulder bags...that way u can carry 2/3 of them and they won't check for weight.

It's better to buy electronics stuffs from there since you will have valid warranty. You will have to buy international warranty if you buy anything big from India. Laptops are cheaper in Canada and are of better quality. But try taking pendrives/memory cards/mouse/keyboard/small peripheral since those tends to be really expensive over there.

robicon

May 11, 2011
Thnx rhasan bro ......so you saying 23 Kg of check in baggage for one person and hand luggage of 8Kg..??right?...and about the electronics thing from what ive read is that in montreal laptops are costlier ,so i was thinking of buyin Dell Laptops with international warranty and also buyin a mobile phone from here.since they say they put u in some contract if we buy a new one over there/????so is wht ive mentioned right, if yes should i go for it.? and also is there any thread or links here which can help me in what kinda things i should pack?
Thank you.

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
robicon said:
Thnx rhasan bro ......so you saying 23 Kg of check in baggage for one person and hand luggage of 8Kg..??right?...and about the electronics thing from what ive read is that in montreal laptops are costlier ,so i was thinking of buyin Dell Laptops with international warranty and also buyin a mobile phone from here.since they say they put u in some contract if we buy a new one over there/????so is wht ive mentioned right, if yes should i go for it.? and also is there any thread or links here which can help me in what kinda things i should pack?
Thank you.
Yes you are allowed to carry 2 checked-in baggage EACH of 23kg (so total 46kg). Thats the international law. And not 8kg, 7kg. They are very strict with hand baggage. That's why I asked you to carry smaller ones :p

Well that's your choice actually but I think paying for international warranty is not a good idea (its expensive as far as I remember). Instead, buy it from Montreal (personal suggestion). Rest is up to you. :D

About the mobile, well you can always buy unlocked ones over there(should cost about the same as that in India I guess like iPhone4 will cost you around $500 for the no-contract one). Once again, this is also your choice :D

robicon

May 11, 2011
Yes you are allowed to carry 2 checked-in baggage EACH of 23kg (so total 46kg). Thats the international law. And not 8kg, 7kg. They are very strict with hand baggage. That's why I asked you to carry smaller ones

Well that's your choice actually but I think paying for international warranty is not a good idea (its expensive as far as I remember). Instead, buy it from Montreal (personal suggestion). Rest is up to you.

About the mobile, well you can always buy unlocked ones over there(should cost about the same as that in India I guess like iPhone4 will cost you around $500 for the no-contract one). Once again, this is also your choice

^^^^^^
Thnx rhasan..

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
robicon said:
Yes you are allowed to carry 2 checked-in baggage EACH of 23kg (so total 46kg). Thats the international law. And not 8kg, 7kg. They are very strict with hand baggage. That's why I asked you to carry smaller ones

Well that's your choice actually but I think paying for international warranty is not a good idea (its expensive as far as I remember). Instead, buy it from Montreal (personal suggestion). Rest is up to you.

About the mobile, well you can always buy unlocked ones over there(should cost about the same as that in India I guess like iPhone4 will cost you around $500 for the no-contract one). Once again, this is also your choice

^^^^^^
Thnx rhasan..
you are welcome :D

robicon

May 11, 2011
rhasan bro i hav another querry i had posted a new thread on this see if u can help me in this too
Guys i hav a query regardng the transit visa
My brother lives in switz.....and am trying to book flight via Zurich..with a 2 day stop over at zurich.....however to get out of the airport i need a transit visa...how to apply for tht ?can i do it after landing at zurich or shoulld I apply from here(mum) only as am bookin tickets frm (Mum-Zurich-Montreal)??
can anyone help me out in this as well?