+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got the visa, but no college to attend.

ComplanMan

Jul 17, 2021
Dear Reader,

Its probably the most bitter sweet moment of my life since today I got my passport stamped for the visa, but unfortunately don’t have a college to attend in Canada anymore.

I got my LOA in July ‘21 to attend Seneca’s HRM program forJan ‘22 and applied for my visa accordingly in Aug ‘21, just to face a crushing rejection after two months. So after getting my CAIPS notes and improving upon my SOP, I reapplied again in Nov ‘21 but the days went by without any updates on my GC key page.

My course started on 10/01/22, but I didn’t attend any class since I knew that if I don’t get my visa before the last date to withdraw with full refund (21/01/22), I won’t be continuing online because if I were to face rejection a second time, all my fees would go down the drain. And so since I didn’t any confirmation from the visa office regarding my application, I withdrew from the college.

Fast forward to 03/03/22, I got my PPR confirmation, but now the million dollar question is that where do I study now?

I can’t change my DLI after my confirmation since I got my visa on the basis of my college/course (not to mention that I genuinely want to study the course) and I can’t defer either since the next opening for the course is in Jan and my visa expires on 31/12/2022.

I also recently got to know that you can’t keep applying for student visas and that a person can only receive it once (is it true though or just a myth?)

Kindly suggest as to what can I do to not waste the golden opportunity I’ve been blessed to have.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Regards.

marty90

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
Dear Reader,

Its probably the most bitter sweet moment of my life since today I got my passport stamped for the visa, but unfortunately don’t have a college to attend in Canada anymore.

I got my LOA in July ‘21 to attend Seneca’s HRM program forJan ‘22 and applied for my visa accordingly in Aug ‘21, just to face a crushing rejection after two months. So after getting my CAIPS notes and improving upon my SOP, I reapplied again in Nov ‘21 but the days went by without any updates on my GC key page.

My course started on 10/01/22, but I didn’t attend any class since I knew that if I don’t get my visa before the last date to withdraw with full refund (21/01/22), I won’t be continuing online because if I were to face rejection a second time, all my fees would go down the drain. And so since I didn’t any confirmation from the visa office regarding my application, I withdrew from the college.

Fast forward to 03/03/22, I got my PPR confirmation, but now the million dollar question is that where do I study now?

I can’t change my DLI after my confirmation since I got my visa on the basis of my college/course (not to mention that I genuinely want to study the course) and I can’t defer either since the next opening for the course is in Jan and my visa expires on 31/12/2022.

I also recently got to know that you can’t keep applying for student visas and that a person can only receive it once (is it true though or just a myth?)

Kindly suggest as to what can I do to not waste the golden opportunity I’ve been blessed to have.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Regards.
whats was the validity on your passport at the time of stamping ?

izz83

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
Contact your college and join in the next semester. Asap. Give them a genuine reason for not joining then and why you would like to join now. Ask them to send an offer letter for the next semester which usually starts in May.