+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got the ITA, ECA up gradation is in progress.

davidel

Star Member
Sep 27, 2016
Hi Team,

I got my ECA report in 2014, later I wanted to include my masters degree in the ECA so went for up gradation which is in progress.
Meantime, I have created EE profile with Master degree and got ITA. In the ITA it has 90 days time to submit the require documents. For sure I will get my latest ECA in this time. So can i go ahead and accept the invitation and produce the document or do I need to decline the invitation. Please share your valuable thoughts on this.

Regards,
davidel.

ramu_rokey

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPEC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
Doc's Request.
01-24-2017
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
davidel said:
Hi Team,

I got my ECA report in 2014, later I wanted to include my masters degree in the ECA so went for up gradation which is in progress.
Meantime, I have created EE profile with Master degree and got ITA. In the ITA it has 90 days time to submit the require documents. For sure I will get my latest ECA in this time. So can i go ahead and accept the invitation and produce the document or do I need to decline the invitation. Please share your valuable thoughts on this.

Regards,
davidel.
If i am not mistaken, i do not know much about ECA, are you not suppose to have an ECA number from WES to be included in the application when you have applied for express entry.Without having received ECA for masters unless its an Canadian university saying you got points for masters and giving wrong ECA number will be immediate reject.I would decline the invitation and apply on your bachelors as you have ECA done have the ECA number on it.Or wait until you get the master ECA and then enter the express entry pool.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
OP should wait till he gets his ECA report, if the report bears the same ECA number (which he received for bachelors) then just have to proceed further else decline the invitation. OP just have to keep a tab on the 90 days window.

Dec 23, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have a question on submitting the PR application.

I have mentioned a incorrect date of issue for my ECA report in my express entry profile, but the ECA reference number is valid. However, I have received the ECA after I received the ITA on Jan 25th. So, updating the date of issue of ECA in my PR application could cause any rejections since it is different from my Express entry profile? This change doesn't cause any change in my score though.

Please advice.

Thanks.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
bhimisettysuresh said:
Hi Guys,

I have mentioned a incorrect date of issue for my ECA report in my express entry profile, but the ECA reference number is valid. However, I have received the ECA after I received the ITA on Jan 25th. So, updating the date of issue of ECA in my PR application could cause any rejections since it is different from my Express entry profile? This change doesn't cause any change in my score though.

Please advice.

Thanks.
As long as there is no change in score, you are good to change the details. just correct the date and update in LOE stating the same.

vishnuvms

Sep 9, 2020
Hi Guys,

Please advice.

Thanks.
What did you do finally ? I am in the same situation as you now. Should I decline the ITA. Or go ahead . Is it a prob if the ECA date is later than of ITA