+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got study permit rejected

Abe98Kay

Sep 20, 2019
Hello everyone,
Hope you are all doing well. First of all I will explain what happened, I applied for a study permit (non-sds) last month and today I got the Letter stating that my application got rejected. The letter said this:
Dear xxx
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
I have a few questions regarding this before I apply again.
1. Does this mean that the reasons (grounds) provided were the only issue with my application? Meaning that if I clear these I have a good chance of getting a visa/permit (I know its never guaranteed) and that the officer did not find any other issues?
2. How do I go about making my application stronger? How and what documents can I provide to respond to these concerns?
Any help from anyone is vastly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

jagmeetsinghji1

Feb 4, 2020
Order gcms notes ..the website for that is thegcmsonline.com and cost is 699 for details of ur refusal.for employment reason u can explain ur job prospects in ur home country if not possible u have to opt for a course which have good job opportunities in ur home country with really good salary packages..to address not return thing , applicants usually show the property on their names or their parents names which eventually they get and for that they will return to home country

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,
Hope you are all doing well. First of all I will explain what happened, I applied for a study permit (non-sds) last month and today I got the Letter stating that my application got rejected. The letter said this:
Dear xxx
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
1. Does this mean that the reasons (grounds) provided were the only issue with my application? Meaning that if I clear these I have a good chance of getting a visa/permit (I know its never guaranteed) and that the officer did not find any other issues?
2. How do I go about making my application stronger? How and what documents can I provide to respond to these concerns?
1. No, it doesn't.
2. Impossible to say without knowing your full profile.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Don’t apply again without GCMS notes. Your issues is your choice of program and isn’t going to give you employment in your home country. Can’t answer without knowing past education and work experience. “Purpose of visit” is a broad term. Can mean not a genuine student, family in Canada so will not leave etc. You need the GCMS notes. Also answering the questions doesn’t guarantee approval.

Abe98Kay

Sep 20, 2019
thanks for the replies. I applied to a 2 year accounting diploma (I have been studying accounting since Alevels.) I provided a 10,000cad GIC certificate, paid the 1st semester tuition fee and provided my dad's bank statement for the past 6+ months maintaining ~10,000(1,300,000PKR) for the financial proof. I only have a PR sister in Canada. Both my parents are in Pakistan and my other sister is currently waiting for her PR to be approved as well, she is in Pakistan as well. My parents will remain in Pakistan, which I did mention in my SOP. My family does not own any property in Pakistan and the money I mentioned earlier was my dad's savings. This is most of my info from the top of my head.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thanks for the replies. I applied to a 2 year accounting diploma (I have been studying accounting since Alevels.) I provided a 10,000cad GIC certificate, paid the 1st semester tuition fee and provided my dad's bank statement for the past 6+ months maintaining ~10,000(1,300,000PKR) for the financial proof. I only have a PR sister in Canada. Both my parents are in Pakistan and my other sister is currently waiting for her PR to be approved as well, she is in Pakistan as well. My parents will remain in Pakistan, which I did mention in my SOP. My family does not own any property in Pakistan and the money I mentioned earlier was my dad's savings. This is most of my info from the top of my head.
So you are applying for a 2 year accounting diploma directly from secondary school. How will a 2 year Canadian accounting diploma give you a job in Pakistan. Why spend that much on an accounting course when you could study it in Pakistan? Wouldn’t an accounting course in your home country give you more advantage than a course focused on Canadian accounting principles. In Canada, a 2 year diploma doesn’t give you a designation. These are the officers questions.

Abe98Kay

Sep 20, 2019
You're right about that, I didnt think about that. Honestly I wanted to go into a line related to accounting which I got into during my Alevels. So if I applied for a course that was related to my choice subjects but would rather give me a better chance of getting an employment in Pakistan, that would be better? And is a diploma not a good option? Thanks for the reply.

jagmeetsinghji1

Feb 4, 2020
Order gcms notes u will get them in 32-35 days. Yes not return is broad term and many things falls under this term so for accurate solution u need to order them ..and afcourse ur course seem to be the problem because it's a kind of course available in each and every country and job prospects are usually the same even if u doing it from abroad...u need to find a course which is.
Firstly relates to ur previous education or helpful in ur progression if ur working
Secondly it must give u high salary packages with good designation in ur home country
Third u can opt for regional area because ircc wants to diversify the incoming students to every province of Canada and it's written in their immigration policy if anyone wants to check..try to avoid major students cities when reapply like Toronto Vancouver Surry Montreal etc.. anyway still recommend you to order gcms

Abe98Kay

Sep 20, 2019
I will order the gcms, thanks. So @jagmeetsinghji1 does this mean I cant study accounting in Canada then since most of the courses are indeed available everywhere, as you said. And the accounting practices in North America are different than in Middle east so that doesnt work either.

yasemin09

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
I will order the gcms, thanks. So @jagmeetsinghji1 does this mean I cant study accounting in Canada then since most of the courses are indeed available everywhere, as you said. And the accounting practices in North America are different than in Middle east so that doesnt work either.
Try to watch this video and revised your letter of explanation.. this is a comprehensive guide

try to elaborate more on why you chose the intended program of study or maybe you can change your program.. also mention several employment prospects in your home country after you complete your study in Canada..

Goodluck on your reapplication

hasanmd

Jan 9, 2021
Order gcms notes ..the website for that is thegcmsonline.com and cost is 699 for details of ur refusal.for employment reason u can explain ur job prospects in ur home country if not possible u have to opt for a course which have good job opportunities in ur home country with really good salary packages..to address not return thing , applicants usually show the property on their names or their parents names which eventually they get and for that they will return to home country
I got from expressgcms.com. INR 599. there are many but I think this is the cheapest. If there is a relative or friend in Canada then only $5.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hello everyone,
Dear xxx
These are generic comments which VO choose from a dropdown. The actual reason might be something totally different including the ones mentioned. Best way to find out is get GCMS notes. Even that sometimes depending on the officer will not be that helpful. But at least you will get a hint and what to improve in next application.

Was you VO in Abu Dhabi ? Which date did you apply ?