+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got Scheduled to take oath on short notice but no invitation email yet!

sfaya

Sep 14, 2023
I'm looking for help or advise if anyone has got something similar to this case: My citizenship tracker online got updated yesterday saying that I've been scheduled for the ceremony on September 18th which is to my surprise in less than 6 days. I received an email for e-certificate instructions but nothing about the invitation itself. I've contacted the client services by phone today, they said they will send an internal message to the officer but they usually respond within 48 hours (2 business days), which means I may not get the response in time before the ceremony! They assured me however that I may get rescheduled if that happened.
I'm hoping to get that invitation soon enough because I'm concerned that rescheduling would mean another long waiting with double worry that something is wrong!

I've read everywhere that invitation emails are usually delivered weeks before the ceremony date, and the scheduling usually allows for at least 2 weeks so I'm not sure why in my case it happened on short notice!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I'm looking for help or advise if anyone has got something similar to this case: My citizenship tracker online got updated yesterday saying that I've been scheduled for the ceremony on September 18th which is to my surprise in less than 6 days. I received an email for e-certificate instructions but nothing about the invitation itself. I've contacted the client services by phone today, they said they will send an internal message to the officer but they usually respond within 48 hours (2 business days), which means I may not get the response in time before the ceremony! They assured me however that I may get rescheduled if that happened.
I'm hoping to get that invitation soon enough because I'm concerned that rescheduling would mean another long waiting with double worry that something is wrong!

I've read everywhere that invitation emails are usually delivered weeks before the ceremony date, and the scheduling usually allows for at least 2 weeks so I'm not sure why in my case it happened on short notice!
As you already contacted IRCC the oath processing office will surely send you email before Sep 18th.

KayPi

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019

The same thing happened to me. I got the update in tracker yesterday about the ceremony on Sep 18. When I called the contact centre, they told me they would send the invite which arrived few mins ago but doesn't have the Zoom link! Let me know if you were able to find a resolution. Thanks!

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
The same thing happened to me. I got the update in tracker yesterday about the ceremony on Sep 18. When I called the contact centre, they told me they would send the invite which arrived few mins ago but doesn't have the Zoom link! Let me know if you were able to find a resolution. Thanks!
reply to same email and mention about the issue. We had same missing link in pdf and got updated after few hours of sending email.

Reactions: Bamike

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
I don’t know what email to use. It came from a do not reply address.
check your pdf and at the end where there is a form which you need to send after Oath, there should be an email.

If it's same email, go ahead and send it. There are instructions in the pdf to reach them if there is any issue w.r.t Oath etc.

KayPi

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
check your pdf and at the end where there is a form which you need to send after Oath, there should be an email.

If it's same email, go ahead and send it. There are instructions in the pdf to reach them if there is any issue w.r.t Oath etc.
Mine has no such form and no email. I didn’t receive the original email so I called them and they resent the email.

sfaya

Sep 14, 2023
As you already contacted IRCC the oath processing office will surely send you email before Sep 18th.
Unfortunately, I got a more "confusing email" saying that the my minor child's scheduled ceremony was due to an administrative error! and asking not to attend. This has confused me more since my application tracker is still showing that my ceremony is scheduled and waiting on me to attend, and my minor child's tracker shows no progress at all.

My guess is that there's a lot of "administrative errors" happening with the Mississauga office oath ceremonies and that they copy/pasted that email and sent to me without even looking into my application. I hope this mess does not continue and that rescheduling would make it soon.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Unfortunately, I got a more "confusing email" saying that the my minor child's scheduled ceremony was due to an administrative error! and asking not to attend. This has confused me more since my application tracker is still showing that my ceremony is scheduled and waiting on me to attend, and my minor child's tracker shows no progress at all.

My guess is that there's a lot of "administrative errors" happening with the Mississauga office oath ceremonies and that they copy/pasted that email and sent to me without even looking into my application. I hope this mess does not continue and that rescheduling would make it soon.
You can complete your oath. The child's oath will happen later. One similar case was posted in the forum.

sfaya

Sep 14, 2023
You can complete your oath. The child's oath will happen later. One similar case was posted in the forum.
Thanks, I wish I can complete my oath but I believe the cancelation is meant for my oath because I didn't receive the invitation email yet!

mo411

Dec 11, 2023
Yes, according to my account tracker.
Hi, did you receive the invitation eventually? I am in the same boat. My ceremony is scheduled on Dec 14th, 2023 and no invitation received yet. I got only 2 days remaining :/ don't know what to do since IRCC not answering phone calls. What happened in your case if you don't mind me asking, please?

sfaya

Sep 14, 2023
Hi, did you receive the invitation eventually? I am in the same boat. My ceremony is scheduled on Dec 14th, 2023 and no invitation received yet. I got only 2 days remaining :/ don't know what to do since IRCC not answering phone calls. What happened in your case if you don't mind me asking, please?
After calling IRCC, they sent me an email that it was an administrative error and they cancelled the oath ceremony and still waiting until now.

I suggest to check your junk mail first, if not then call IRCC in the early morning, when you get the option to leave your number do so, they will call you. In the call explain the situation and make sure to let them know that you don't want to cancel the ceremony and whether it is possible to attend the ceremony in person or if there is any other option to attend the ceremony. In worst case, they will send an urgent internal message about your case and they will probably cancel it due to an administrative error but I hope not. please let me know how it goes. Good luck!