+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got rejected today, so unreasonable to me, plz come in & help!!!

RoTaBl

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
I don't understand, a lot of people over my age, even 70, 80 year olds get to study in Canada,29 0r 30 something is old for you? And FYI, I have been to Japan twice,I guess that flag is down, then? And where did that never allowing visiting Canada after one rejection come from???
Every case is different. You may hear some success stories of 70 yr old, but other seniors who got rejected may say nothing because it's not good news.

Your age and no marriage may suggest a weak connection in your home country. You need to show a stronger connection with your home, such as proof of a house/condo, ownership of a vehicle and mentioning your families and friends (ie. your mom needs you after your study ).

I was talking about the worst scenario. If you run out of visa or eTA for Canada, you need to apply for another one. If you don't have family or friends in Canada, the chance of approval of visiting is lower. Get a lawyer and avoid another rejection!

Last edited:

MayJuneChen

Feb 26, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Every case is different. You may hear some success stories of 70 yr old, but other seniors who got rejected may say nothing because it's not good news.

Your age and no marriage may suggest a weak connection in your home country. You need to show a stronger connection with your home, such as proof of a house/condo, ownership of a vehicle and mentioning your families and friends (ie. your mom needs you after your study ).

I was talking about the worst scenario. If you run out of visa or eTA for Canada, you need to apply for another one. If you don't have family or friends in Canada, the chance of approval of visting is lower. Get a lawyer and avoid another rejection!
Oh, now I understand your intention, you meant well ,I will try my best to improve my situation and prioritize considering of seeking professional help of a lawyer! Thank you very much, sir!!!(?)

Last edited:
Reactions: RoTaBl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It is practical

It is a 2-year diploma program. I don't have any diploma my latest qualification is secondary, that's what makes it reasonable foe me to pursue a higher qualification.
About legal assistant, it's like secretary or office clerk but in legal field, I think the skill of a office clerk is universal.
If I'm wrong, what do you suggest? Thanks for replying!
why can't you take a legal assistant diploma in your home country where the program is based on your legal system. It is not reasonable to come to Canada to take a Canadian legal admin course based on Canadian laws and regulations. It is not universal as the program is specific to Canadian labour, real estate and criminal law.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Oh, now I understand your intention, you meant well ,I will try my best to improve my situation and prioritize considering of seeking professional help of a lawyer! Thank you very much, sir!!!(?)
1. Change your level of program from Diploma to Advanced or higher. Higher the better.
2. Change program from Legal program to Administrative program or something that can be used in your home country.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
About legal assistant, it's like secretary or office clerk but in legal field, to help the lawyer to follow the mandatory procedures and file case documents ,run some errands and all. I think the skill of a office clerk is universal.
If I'm wrong, what do you suggest? Thanks for replying!
It makes no sense to go all the way to Canada for that.

MayJuneChen

Feb 26, 2021
Category........
STUDY
1. Change your level of program from Diploma to Advanced or higher. Higher the better.
2. Change program from Legal program to Administrative program or something that can be used in your home country.
very good point if view,Thank you so much!!

MayJuneChen

Feb 26, 2021
Category........
STUDY
why can't you take a legal assistant diploma in your home country where the program is based on your legal system. It is not reasonable to come to Canada to take a Canadian legal admin course based on Canadian laws and regulations. It is not universal as the program is specific to Canadian labour, real estate and criminal law.
good point of view,Thank you!!!

Indishab

Jun 9, 2020
Hey I'm sorry to hear your rejection. I can relate this as I got approval in my second attempt. So far you have a good profile and you will get your visa next time. Please focus on your job, you need to have stable job in your home town so that you can prove your level of personal establishment . Try to proof you have job for more than 5 years. and write more stronger SOP. if you are eligible for SDS, you do need a lot of money in your bank. if you do, explain what is the source of fund which might help them to understand. Try to sort it out asap.
Good luck!

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hello everyone! I got rejected letter on 7th, March, :(:( accurately. It says on the letter:

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay.......based on the purpose of your visit.

· Given your previous education and/ or employment history,I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable.

Now I am going to briefly elaborate the details about myself with nothing but honesty. I would really appreciate if you spend a few more minutes to read them all and help me with some ideas.

29 years old, unmarried, secondary education, graduated from high school in 2010, got in college the same year, quit college in 2011. Did some part-time job for the next three years. In 2015, worked as an admin assistant in a construction company, then got transferred to legal department in 2017 worked as an legal assistant, that's when I decided to get a related diploma and to be professional and qualified. In Sep, 2020, I resigned and started to study for ilets test and prepare for studying abroad and all.

I was confirmed for legal assistant in SAIT,Alberta in Feb.
I showed my bank statement for the recent 1 year to prove that I had stable income ,and my mother, who is retired, supported me with some money, I showed a relation proof certificate and her bank statement as well.
my ielts overall band is 6.5 ,with 6.0 or more in each section.

I chose SDS project, I have all the paper and documents required, I did everything to meet the requirements, I have extra 60,000CAD deposit in my bank account, I wrote a 2-page convincing study plan which has shown my motivation and explained everything to the VO, I have years of relevant work experience but lack of a qualification, it's perfectly reasonable to upgrade your education qualification, right? I just don't understand why on earth my motivation is not reasonable??? The result is just way too bizarre to me.

I don't really have to choose this program again if it's the program I choose makes the application unreasonable.

any ideas everyone?

Great Thanks!!!
Your situation is rather unique and without GCMS notes, it will be hard to understand what is the real objection. Few issues that I see are :-
1. An IELTS 6.0 as lowest sectional score might be considered inadequate for perusing an education which requires advanced english skills in preparing legal documents, notices etc and communication with lawyers. Note, ideally this should be a decision made by your university/college/institute but it seems VOs think they have a right to have an opinion in it. Unfair I know, but it is what it is.

2. Judging from the fact that you have to take IELTS and your score, english is not your first language and possibly not the native language in your country. What is the official language of court/legal documents in your own country? I ask this because it puts a doubt about how you want to apply say your knowledge of preparing legal documents (wills, notices etc) in English into your profession back home which will demand you to do those tasks in the official language of court in your country? In other words how will you convince a VO that your degree/diploma will enable you to seek a better employment back home thus providing a good motivation to return home when the language in which you need to discharge your duties is not the one in which you will take your education and training?

3. Do you have a history of complying with immigration laws? Have you successfully applied for a visa in one of the five eye countries and complied with the conditions of the said visa? If not, did you mention that in your letter of explanation? Usually having a visa and a travel history in Five eye countries makes you seem safer. Five eyes are US, Canada, UK, Australia and New Zealand.

4. I doubt age is that big of a factor. Having an unusual profile might be but age is not.

At the end of the day, you have to prepare a defence against a question (asked by VO, not me) that why should you be believed that you will not use your study permit as a means to gain entry in Canada and stay illegally or break condition(s) on the permit. Basically, it is a challenge to your motivation that is what can you provably show that will motivate you to comply with your permit condition and complete your education and not overstay in Canada illegally. Usually the evidence that people produce are :

1. Immediate family members in your home country.
2. Property in home country.
3. A job or business waiting in home country.
4. Education highly relevant to employment in your home country.
5. A strong history of complying with visa conditions and immigration laws.

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
And FYI, I have been to Japan twice,I guess that flag is down, then?
Did you mention it in your letter of explanation?

I don't understand, a lot of people over my age, even 70, 80 year olds get to study in Canada,29 0r 30 something is old for you?
Don't take this personally. Age in itself is not a problem. Its the unusual profile that is the issue. It require a bit more evidence and defence.

And where did that never allowed visiting Canada after one rejection come from?
It makes future visa/permit applications more complicated with more explanation and enhanced scrutiny.

Reactions: RoTaBl

MayJuneChen

Feb 26, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Hey I'm sorry to hear your rejection. I can relate this as I got approval in my second attempt. So far you have a good profile and you will get your visa next time. Please focus on your job, you need to have stable job in your home town so that you can prove your level of personal establishment . Try to proof you have job for more than 5 years. and write more stronger SOP. if you are eligible for SDS, you do need a lot of money in your bank. if you do, explain what is the source of fund which might help them to understand. Try to sort it out asap.
Good luck!
Thank you!

MayJuneChen

Feb 26, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Your situation is rather unique and without GCMS notes, it will be hard to understand what is the real objection. Few issues that I see are :-
1. An IELTS 6.0 as lowest sectional score might be considered inadequate for perusing an education which requires advanced english skills in preparing legal documents, notices etc and communication with lawyers. Note, ideally this should be a decision made by your university/college/institute but it seems VOs think they have a right to have an opinion in it. Unfair I know, but it is what it is.

2. Judging from the fact that you have to take IELTS and your score, english is not your first language and possibly not the native language in your country. What is the official language of court/legal documents in your own country? I ask this because it puts a doubt about how you want to apply say your knowledge of preparing legal documents (wills, notices etc) in English into your profession back home which will demand you to do those tasks in the official language of court in your country? In other words how will you convince a VO that your degree/diploma will enable you to seek a better employment back home thus providing a good motivation to return home when the language in which you need to discharge your duties is not the one in which you will take your education and training?

3. Do you have a history of complying with immigration laws? Have you successfully applied for a visa in one of the five eye countries and complied with the conditions of the said visa? If not, did you mention that in your letter of explanation? Usually having a visa and a travel history in Five eye countries makes you seem safer. Five eyes are US, Canada, UK, Australia and New Zealand.

4. I doubt age is that big of a factor. Having an unusual profile might be but age is not.

At the end of the day, you have to prepare a defence against a question (asked by VO, not me) that why should you be believed that you will not use your study permit as a means to gain entry in Canada and stay illegally or break condition(s) on the permit. Basically, it is a challenge to your motivation that is what can you provably show that will motivate you to comply with your permit condition and complete your education and not overstay in Canada illegally. Usually the evidence that people produce are :

1. Immediate family members in your home country.
2. Property in home country.
3. A job or business waiting in home country.
4. Education highly relevant to employment in your home country.
5. A strong history of complying with visa conditions and immigration laws.
Thank you, sir!!( or ma'am)