+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got rejected today, so unreasonable to me, plz come in & help!!!

MayJuneChen

Feb 26, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Hello everyone! I got rejected letter on 7th, March, :(:( accurately. It says on the letter:

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay.......based on the purpose of your visit.

· Given your previous education and/ or employment history,I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable.

Now I am going to briefly elaborate the details about myself with nothing but honesty. I would really appreciate if you spend a few more minutes to read them all and help me with some ideas.

29 years old, unmarried, secondary education, graduated from high school in 2010, got in college the same year, quit college in 2011. Did some part-time job for the next three years. In 2015, worked as an admin assistant in a construction company, then got transferred to legal department in 2017 worked as an legal assistant, that's when I decided to get a related diploma and to be professional and qualified. In Sep, 2020, I resigned and started to study for ilets test and prepare for studying abroad and all.

I was confirmed for legal assistant in SAIT,Alberta in Feb.
I showed my bank statement for the recent 1 year to prove that I had stable income ,and my mother, who is retired, supported me with some money, I showed a relation proof certificate and her bank statement as well.
my ielts overall band is 6.5 ,with 6.0 or more in each section.

I chose SDS project, I have all the paper and documents required, I did everything to meet the requirements, I have extra 60,000CAD deposit in my bank account, I wrote a 2-page convincing study plan which has shown my motivation and explained everything to the VO, I have years of relevant work experience but lack of a qualification, it's perfectly reasonable to upgrade your education qualification, right? I just don't understand why on earth my motivation is not reasonable??? The result is just way too bizarre to me.

I don't really have to choose this program again if it's the program I choose makes the application unreasonable.

any ideas everyone?

Great Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Qwerty098

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
These are generic comments, you should order GCMS notes to get more accurate details on why VO felt that way. Based on that you can address those concerns and re-apply.

MayJuneChen

Feb 26, 2021
Category........
STUDY
These are generic comments, you should order GCMS notes to get more accurate details on why VO felt that way. Based on that you can address those concerns and re-apply.
yes, I will get GCMS in one month, then I will see details. But I can't figure out which part of my application went wrong, I never thought I'd be rejected anyway...

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
What course did you opt for? Which institution?
Also, how did you justify 60k CAD cash in your account with your level of employment? What proof of funds did you show?
What was your IELTS score?

A 29 year old with high school as highest qualification, now wanting to go study in Canada instead of his home country might not be a great profile from the VO's point of view.

Nevertheless, I've seen people with similar profiles eventually get approval.

MayJuneChen

Feb 26, 2021
Category........
STUDY
What course did you opt for? Which institution?
Also, how did you justify 60k CAD cash in your account with your level of employment? What proof of funds did you show?
What was your IELTS score?

A 29 year old with high school as highest qualification, now wanting to go study in Canada instead of his home country might not be a great profile from the VO's point of view.

Nevertheless, I've seen people with similar profiles eventually get approval.
I showed my bank statement in the recent 1 year to prove that I had stable income ,and my mother, who is retired, supported me with some money, I showed a relation proof certificate and her bank statement as well.
my ielts overall band is 6.5 ,with 6.0 or more in each section. That's one of the compulsory condition to enter SDS, so my ielts score can't be less than 6.5, I thought you'd figure all that out, so I was not specific about those. I will edit the content again, Thanks for asking.
So do you have any idea? thank you!!

MayJuneChen

Feb 26, 2021
Category........
STUDY
about why I don't study in my home country,I have explained in my study plan,I literally explained everything on my study plan that might have confused the VO. So I am so frustrated to get rejected.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Post Graduate Diploma?

If you have a diploma already, it doesn't make sense to do another diploma. Also, the legal field is especially not as relevant internationally since the Canadian legal field will mainly be useful only for Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I showed my bank statement in the recent 1 year to prove that I had stable income ,and my mother, who is retired, supported me with some money, I showed a relation proof certificate and her bank statement as well.
my ielts overall band is 6.5 ,with 6.0 or more in each section. That's one of the compulsory condition to enter SDS, so my ielts score can't be less than 6.5, I thought you'd figure all that out, so I was not specific about those. I will edit the content again, Thanks for asking.
So do you have any idea? thank you!!
What is the purpose of taking a legal assistant course at SAIT? The course is based on Canadian law so how will it help your career in your home country. It makes no sense.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hello everyone! I got rejected letter on 7th, March, :(:( accurately. It says on the letter:

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay.......based on the purpose of your visit.

· Given your previous education and/ or employment history,I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable.

Now I am going to briefly elaborate the details about myself with nothing but honesty. I would really appreciate if you spend a few more minutes to read them all and help me with some ideas.

29 years old, unmarried, secondary education, graduated from high school in 2010, got in college the same year, quit college in 2011. Did some part-time job for the next three years. In 2015, worked as an admin assistant in a construction company, then got transferred to legal department in 2017 worked as an legal assistant, that's when I decided to get a related diploma and to be professional and qualified. In Sep, 2020, I resigned and started to study for ilets test and prepare for studying abroad and all.

I showed my bank statement for the recent 1 year to prove that I had stable income ,and my mother, who is retired, supported me with some money, I showed a relation proof certificate and her bank statement as well.
my ielts overall band is 6.5 ,with 6.0 or more in each section.

I chose SDS project, I have all the paper and documents required, I did everything to meet the requirements, I have extra 60,000CAD deposit in my bank account, I wrote a 2-page convincing study plan which has shown my motivation and explained everything to the VO, I have years of relevant work experience, and I lack of a qualification, I just don't understand why on earth my motivation is not reasonable??? The result is just way too bizarre to me.

Anyone gets it plz tell me which part I did wrong and what to do to improve my documents or my situation. Great Thanks!!!
What is your motivation then?

Visa officer will weight the cost vs value of you going to Canada to study. Given your education and employment background, it doesn't make sense to spend all that money going all the way to Canada to study.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What is your motivation then?

Visa officer will weight the cost vs value of you going to Canada to study. Given your education and employment background, it doesn't make sense to spend all that money going all the way to Canada to study.
Also it is a legal assistant diploma which is based on Canadian law practices. It makes no sense to study in Canada. You should be taking the program in your home country based on your country’s law practices. The diploma doesn’t help your career in your home country.

MayJuneChen

Feb 26, 2021
Category........
STUDY
What is the purpose of taking a legal assistant course at SAIT? The course is based on Canadian law so how will it help your career in your home country. It makes no sense.
It is practical
Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Post Graduate Diploma?

If you have a diploma already, it doesn't make sense to do another diploma. Also, the legal field is especially not as relevant internationally since the Canadian legal field will mainly be useful only for Canada.
It is a 2-year diploma program. I don't have any diploma my latest qualification is secondary, that's what makes it reasonable foe me to pursue a higher qualification.
About legal assistant, it's like secretary or office clerk but in legal field, I think the skill of a office clerk is universal.
If I'm wrong, what do you suggest? Thanks for replying!

Last edited:

RoTaBl

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
To be honest, your age is a bit red flag. Have you visited other major countries/zones, such as the US, Europe or Japan. If no, that's also a red flag.

You definitely need a lawyer or IRCC consultant. Having a rejection is bad. You might never allow visiting Canada again.

MayJuneChen

Feb 26, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Also it is a legal assistant diploma which is based on Canadian law practices. It makes no sense to study in Canada. You should be taking the program in your home country based on your country’s law practices. The diploma doesn’t help your career in your home country.
About legal assistant, it's like secretary or office clerk but in legal field, to help the lawyer to follow the mandatory procedures and file case documents ,run some errands and all. I think the skill of a office clerk is universal.
If I'm wrong, what do you suggest? Thanks for replying!

MayJuneChen

Feb 26, 2021
Category........
STUDY
To be honest, your age is a bit red flag. Have you visited other major countries/zones, such as the US, Europe or Japan. If no, that's also a red flag.

You definitely need a lawyer or IRCC consultant. Having a rejection is bad. You might never allow visiting Canada again.
I don't understand, a lot of people over my age, even 70, 80 year olds get to study in Canada,29 0r 30 something is old for you? And FYI, I have been to Japan twice,I guess that flag is down, then? And where did that never allowed visiting Canada after one rejection come from??? haven't you seen what people in this forum are doing? I'm sorry this is getting weird.