+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got refused once by US embassy

Ash1122

Apr 13, 2017
Hello everyone! I need help on applying my visitor visa to canada... Actually i have got rejected by US embassy once. Is it compulsory to mention my refusal in application form? What if i don't mention it? Please help me out i am soo much confused :(

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Ash1122 said:
Hello everyone! I need help on applying my visitor visa to canada... Actually i have got rejected by US embassy once. Is it compulsory to mention my refusal in application form? What if i don't mention it? Please help me out i am soo much confused :(
If you don't tell them, they would discover any way and ban you for misrepresentation.

There is literally no harm in informing about refusal. If there are grounds for you to get approved, you would still get approval. If there aren't, then avoiding earlier refusal won't improve things in any way.

Anwers

Mar 30, 2017
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
If you don't tell them, they would discover any way and ban you for misrepresentation.

There is literally no harm in informing about refusal. If there are grounds for you to get approved, you would still get approval. If there aren't, then avoiding earlier refusal won't improve things in any way.
Hey fkl

I just want to know one thing , i applied for my self n family on 22 march online and i tick no unintentionally on previous refusal of us visa , after refusal i got visa and travelled couple of times to US NOW i informed them thru CSE email

My question is have been thru some case where one have informed about refusal thru CSE and suceeded ?

Ash1122

Apr 13, 2017
fkl said:

If i will inform them about my refusal they will not grant me visa for sure :(

Ash1122

Apr 13, 2017
fkl said:

How would they discover about my earlier refusal ?

Anwers

Mar 30, 2017
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ash1122 said:
How would they discover about my earlier refusal ?
US , UK , CANADA they share border information so they will know you were refused previously and if you will misrepresent you might get ban for 5 yrs

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Ash1122 said:
If i will inform them about my refusal they will not grant me visa for sure :(
That is incorrect. Though it would have been better if you simply had put this information in the application.

If you inform them upfront yourself (before they find out), specially with the case where you got US visa latter and have traveled before, they likely would ignore this as a mistake, rather than a misrepresentation.

Oh and as mentioned already by another fellow, they do find these things out - any travel any where in the world would eventually show up.

Even worst situation is - you get a visa (visit, work, worst even PR) and they discover it latter, at which point they would invalidate your entire profile.

People have been stripped off their citizenship years latter for past misrepresentation discovered latter on their profiles. Don't do it, specially you are doing it for the wrong reason.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Anwers said:
Hey fkl

I just want to know one thing , i applied for my self n family on 22 march online and i tick no unintentionally on previous refusal of us visa , after refusal i got visa and travelled couple of times to US NOW i informed them thru CSE email

My question is have been thru some case where one have informed about refusal thru CSE and suceeded ?
To answer your last part, i had a us visa refusal, and latter an approval with valid visa before applying for Canada. I did declare it on my work permit / TRV application and it doesn't matter at all.

There have been countless cases where people have had visa refusals, they inform CIC appropriately and get through.

Anwers

Mar 30, 2017
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
To answer your last part, i had a us visa refusal, and latter an approval with valid visa before applying for Canada. I did declare it on my work permit / TRV application and it doesn't matter at all.

There have been countless cases where people have had visa refusals, they inform CIC appropriately and get through.
Thanks buddy

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ash1122 said:
Yes - of course it's compulsory to mention the refusal. If you lie in your application and try to hide the refusal - your application will be refused for misrepresentation and you can expect to be banned from Canada for five years.

Ash1122

Apr 13, 2017
fkl said:
That is incorrect. Though it would have been better if you simply had put this information in the application.

If you inform them upfront yourself (before they find out), specially with the case where you got US visa latter and have traveled before, they likely would ignore this as a mistake, rather than a misrepresentation.

Oh and as mentioned already by another fellow, they do find these things out - any travel any where in the world would eventually show up.

Even worst situation is - you get a visa (visit, work, worst even PR) and they discover it latter, at which point they would invalidate your entire profile.

People have been stripped off their citizenship years latter for past misrepresentation discovered latter on their profiles. Don't do it, specially you are doing it for the wrong reason.
Thanks for guiding me☺ . As i am a university student here in Pakistan so what strong ties should i attach with my application for getting success in visa. Reply me please Asap