+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GOT REFUSAL AFTER AIP. AIP - Sep3rd. Refusal - Dec 11

hdiana

Aug 4, 2020
Chances are good but I suggest you to apply through non-sds so that the file gets handled by the local embassy.

Sometimes online non-sds may get assessed by a foreign visa office, if you completely want to avoid unfair evaluations from foreign visa offices then submitting a paper based application will result in evaluation being done by the local embassy for 100% ( no chance of foreign visa offices getting involved )
What is "non-sds" means?

ChaChaVidhayakHain

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
There are two streams of study permit. One is Student Direct Stream (SDS), which is available for only a few countries namely India, China, Pakistan etc. And then there's non-SDS which is the general stream/process and available to all.

abinj

Star Member
Dec 14, 2019
There are two streams of study permit. One is Student Direct Stream (SDS), which is available for only a few countries namely India, China, Pakistan etc. And then there's non-SDS which is the general stream/process and available to all.
Hi, I paid first semester tution fee and gic and applied for visa in non SDS category. When should I pay the second semester? Should I pay it in advance before traveling to Canada (like 1 year tution fee for SDS)?

ChaChaVidhayakHain

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
Hi, I paid first semester tution fee and gic and applied for visa in non SDS category. When should I pay the second semester? Should I pay it in advance before traveling to Canada (like 1 year tution fee for SDS)?
If you've properly demonstrated your finances and how are you arranging your funds for your complete study and stay in Canada, there's no immediate need to pay your second sem fee.

Reactions: abinj

hdiana

Aug 4, 2020
I see, many thanks ahead

Sharuk

Nov 5, 2020
Hi.here is my timeline
I applied on April 18,2020 with biometric.
AIP on September 27,2020
Medical request on October 6, 2020
Medical done on October 23, 2020

Until now No updates from them.
Is anyone with the same situation?
And what is my chances of getting visa?

slstu2020

Oct 21, 2020
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
06-09-2020
Med's Request
25-09-2020
Med's Done....
16-10-2020
Passport Req..
09-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2020
LANDED..........
15-01-2021
Hi.here is my timeline
I applied on April 18,2020 with biometric.
AIP on September 27,2020
Medical request on October 6, 2020
Medical done on October 23, 2020

Until now No updates from them.
Is anyone with the same situation?
And what is my chances of getting visa?
Hi order your GCMS file. It will explain the status of your application plus all information regarding to your application. I too had a similar situation Oct 16 medical passed and after that nothing happened. Ordered my GCMS notes. It will take 30 days. In my notes i understood everything is passed except the final decision. Then i sent a webform stating to the IRCC regarding my application status on DEC 7. I received PPR on DEC 9. So my friend don't worry be positive and order your GCMS to identify your application status. Check your countries processing time too. Don't raise webform until you see the GCMS notes and processing time is passed. They wont reply for webforms.

My Time line:
Visa applied: Sep 5
Biometric request: Sep 6
Biometric done: Sep 9
AIP Received: Sep 25
Medical request Sep 25
Started my Online course: Sep 27 (Fall 2020)
Medical Passed: Oct 16
GCMS Notes requested: Oct 20
GCMS Notes received: Nov 20 (Everything passed but final decision not taken)
Biometric Validation: Dec 9
Passport Request: Dec 9

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
I'm switching from Graphic Designer to Film course. My main focus subject was editing & VFX(Post-production). And there r other elements in my course too. Like Camera, Script writing, Directing. My only concern was if they would think scriptwriting and G.D would be unrelated.
Ya, but they haven't mentioned any of those reasons as refusal.
For which college are you going to film?

slstu2020

Oct 21, 2020
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
06-09-2020
Med's Request
25-09-2020
Med's Done....
16-10-2020
Passport Req..
09-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2020
LANDED..........
15-01-2021
@slstu2020
So you want to flaunt your OPR story on a refusal thread ? I got my OPR before you but your here flaunting while I am here helping. You can be rejected for PGWP for eligibility reasons even after OPR, it's not the end of the line. Hope you are aware.
Ok. Not thought about my PGWP yet. If I decided to apply will submit my application to IRCC not to you. I can see you have applied through a firm. In my case I applied in my own. I did not rely on a 3rd party. Anyway good luck on your studies.

Reactions: abinj

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
How is this question going to benefit the OP ? @yyzstudent
The name of the DLI is already mentioned in this thread.
well, I looked through all pages and didn’t find it. So instead of questioning my question, be helpful.

Reason for asking is that I went to college here for film. I now work as a recruiter for film crew. I might have a ton of suggestions and insight for the OP.

Reactions: abinj and slstu2020

Sharuk

Nov 5, 2020
Hi order your GCMS file. It will explain the status of your application plus all information regarding to your application. I too had a similar situation Oct 16 medical passed and after that nothing happened. Ordered my GCMS notes. It will take 30 days. In my notes i understood everything is passed except the final decision. Then i sent a webform stating to the IRCC regarding my application status on DEC 7. I received PPR on DEC 9. So my friend don't worry be positive and order your GCMS to identify your application status. Check your countries processing time too. Don't raise webform until you see the GCMS notes and processing time is passed. They wont reply for webforms.

My Time line:
Medical request Sep 25
I was stressed... Thank you so much bro .
I heard that also someone received medical request and after done medical he ordered GCMS notes and in his Note everything was passed except the final decision. So I think also in my application it will be the same, what do you say?
and do they finilaze the application before medical request and after medical done PPR.??
thanks.

Sharuk

Nov 5, 2020

My Time line:
Medical request Sep 25
And when was the info sharing was updated in your GCMS note.

Please I am waiting your response.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
M********* v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration)
Court (s) DatabaseFederal Court Decisions
Date2020-02-11
Neutral citation2020 *C 2*0
File numbersIMM-2**7-**

"The applicant notes that Canada’s policy has evolved. The government now wants to attract students, and encourage them to continue their journey in Canada after their studies. The post-graduation work visa is a testament to this intention. In this context, the fact that an applicant harbours another intention simultaneous with an intention to study, so long as this intention is legitimate, cannot be a ground for refusal. "

"When reviewing a visa officer’s factual assessment of an application for a student visa and the officer’s belief that an applicant will not leave Canada at the end of his or her stay, the standard of review is reasonableness: S***** v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2016 FC 6*0 at para *2 [Sol****]; ***aali***** v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2019 FC 1**0 at para *1. "

The applicant submits that in the case at bar, the officer’s refusal was unreasonable because the reasons given for refusing the study permit are unrelated to the evidence on record, and because the officer ignored evidence in the record that contradicts his findings. The role of a reviewing court is to detect the irrationality or arbitrariness of a decision: Pe**** v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2017 FC 1** at para 1*; Ka*****-Mi***n v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2*18 FC 5** at para *3.

THIS COURT’S JUDGMENT is as follows :

"The application for judicial review is allowed, and the matter is referred back for redetermination by a different officer."

William F. Pentney”
Justice

Reactions: DesiPikachu

hdiana

Aug 4, 2020
Hi Guys
Today, I had a refusal letter just one day after biometric with reasons

1. I'm not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200 (1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history
2. I'm not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200 (1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit
3. I'm not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200 (1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status

I plan to re-apply next month, will you please let me know what is the reason of "based on your travel history" means? can you give me one of the example and what should I write to my new LOI?

Many thanks ahead
hd