+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got Procedural Fairness Letter! HELP PLEASE!!

next444

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Update: My friend who got rejected for having non-accompanying spouse, who applied for JR, just got her PPR after the cases reopened.

So guys, it is very clear that it is not a crime to boost your scores this way!

samirsam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
Hello folks,

I’m EE CEC INLAND with non-accompanying spouse. As my CRS score was not high enough to get ITA if I applied with my common law partner. I still claimed him because we had lived together longer than a year. Today I got PFL question about why he’s not accompanying as we’re living together in Canada. He has a study permit and will be applying PGWP when he graduate. Please advise!!

Here’s the letter:
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. I am writing you this letter to express my serious concerns regarding your application.
You have provided a Statutory Declaration of common-law union with XXX since January 1, 2017, but you are claiming your spouse as non-accompanying on your application.
To help alleviate my concerns, please provide a detailed explanation as to why your spouse is non- accompanying while you remain living together in Canada.
Therefore I am asking you to submit any additional information/documentation that would allay my concerns. Submissions line available to upload your response. You have 7 days from the date of this letter to submit the additional information using your MyCIC account.
If you choose not to respond with additional information, or if your submission does not allay these concerns, your application may be refused.
You are not married right ?
if so you can say you are not sure you will be together long term as he may go back to his country

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update: My friend who got rejected for having non-accompanying spouse, who applied for JR, just got her PPR after the cases reopened.

Thanks for the update. It’s necessary to actually have facts.

Reactions: sponsort

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018

Hi,
She went with Matthew Jeffery?

Shaunak sharma

Sep 10, 2019
Hello everyone and the folks who applied with inland non-accompanying spouse:

Huge day for us. As you all know that I got PFL questioned about why have spouse non-accompanying while living together. I replied with the real reason: NOT ENOUGH POINTS. Eligibility went from Recommend Pass to Review Required.

After status changed from “we’re reviewing the documents you provided” to “not applicable”.
I called IRCC today and was told everything PASSED! Eligibility and security passed the yesterday when the status changed!

I really hope this thread help those are in the same boat as I know how confusing and anxious it would be for you guys. But once again it’s been proved that being honest with IRCC is totally the right thing to do than lying!

To sum up: NOT ENOUGH POINTS is a valid reason.
Hi dear,

I’m in the same situation. I’m FSW Inland candidate with spouse non accompanying. My score goes down if I add my spouse. I am living with my spouse in Canada and she is open work permit. I need your help for 2 questions:

1. What exact reason should I write in the explanation for spouse non accompanying? (Can’t think of any other than points getting low)
2. Do I need to submit LOE as well? If yes then what should I write in there?
If you can share yours to bcoin520@gmail.com then it will be very helpful. Thank you.

Shaunak sharma

Sep 10, 2019
I just want to thank you for your advice. I consulted a lawyer yesterday and he helped writing the letter of explanation, its basically what you've said here. I submitted my letter today and how fingers crossed!
hi dear

I’m in same situation. Can you please email me what you wrote in please explain why not question And What in LOE and PFL letter? It would be great if you can mail your sample to bcoin520@gmail.com. Thanks.

Kent2001

Jul 26, 2020
I got a PfL letter from ircc stating that I didn't disclose the use of a consultant in my application of which I didn't use I only asked him to help with the payment of my application fee as I had difficulties in paying with my verve debit card. Pls who has any opinion or advice on what to do

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got a PfL letter from ircc stating that I didn't disclose the use of a consultant in my application of which I didn't use I only asked him to help with the payment of my application fee as I had difficulties in paying with my verve debit card. Pls who has any opinion or advice on what to do
You need to write a letter of explanation as you did use an agent. Did the agent get any money for doing the transaction for you? Your letter should state that you used the agent for payment only and explain why you didn’t use a pre-paid card as described in the link. You will want a written letter from the agent stating that the agency was only used for payment of application fees & did it at no charge.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1215&top=4