+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got PR on Visitor visa

Oct 31, 2015
Hi All,

My wife is currently on visitor visa and she is in process of getting her PR from Ottawa. What would be the process if she gets her passport stamped as a PR, Does she have to leave the country ? Is there an easier way to become a PR from within canada ?

Because if she has to leave the country i have to get her a USA visa then come back inside. Then maybe visit USA and then enter canada.

Seniors Please suggest

regards,

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she becomes a PR while inside Canada, she'll either have to leave Canada and come back to officially land, or else schedule an appointment at an immigration within Canada to "land" there.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
dsindatry@gmail.com said:
My wife is currently on visitor visa and she is in process of getting her PR from Ottawa. What would be the process if she gets her passport stamped as a PR, Does she have to leave the country ? Is there an easier way to become a PR from within canada ?

Because if she has to leave the country i have to get her a USA visa then come back inside. Then maybe visit USA and then enter canada.
The wait for an appointment to land inside Canada can be several weeks to several months.

She wouldn't need a US visa to flagpole. She can go to the US border, get an administrative refusal and return to Canada to land.