+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got PR landing Question.

alice_chained

Star Member
Jan 20, 2009
Dear Seniors.

I finally got my PR, Thank God, now i have a question to ask about Landing.

Me and my wife have decided that I will go and stay Permanently in Canada my wife retains her job her in Dubai just for a few months because of family reasons which can't be avoided she has to come back for 2-3 months. She will do her landing with me next month and go back to Dubai and after a few months she wants to come back permanetly.

My wife has got a 4 week vacation approved from her work place, will this be enough to get her PR Card? I'm worried that "if" there are any complications and her card is not issued she will be stuck in Dubai.

What is the proper way to go about it, tell the IO upon landing that she is here for 4 weeks not to apply for her PR, and then when shes comming back apply for a travel document from the Embassy in Abu Dhabi, is this easy to get for someone who has completed her landing?

or Apply and wait for the PR Card? She had a problem with the surname, and they had to re do their background checks after PP request before we got our visa, will this cause any problems when getting the PR card for her?

What do you guys think?

Biblo

Star Member
Jun 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Jul-2008
Doc's Request.
01- Dec - 2008
IELTS Request
01- Dec - 2008
Dear Alice_chained,
Usually PR card is dispatched until third week (but depends on which place you are living).

Your wife shouldn't have problem with PR card, even if it get delayed you can receive it and courier it to her.

If you are staying permanently in Canada as a principal applicant, the IO may not be concerned about your family status unless its not infringement of PR rules.

Lastly i believe if your wife surname problem is already resolved and she is granted visa with correct name. The PR card will be issued with the same correct name (it won't make any sense of delay)

max_lee

May 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2008
AOR Received.
01-11-2008
IELTS Request
02-03-2009
Med's Request
29-05-2009
Med's Done....
10-06-2009
Passport Req..
02-22-1010
VISA ISSUED...
02-25-1010
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
Hi,

Adding to what Biblo has mentioned, there is no need for you to disclose your wife will be in Canada for only 4 weeks. Only thing will be the goods to follow list which you need to submit while landing informing the Immigration Officer that you or your wife may go back to wind up your personal belongings, this will be helpful when your wife returns to Canada for good along with your remaining personal belongings as you would save on Tax on those items.

Rgds

Max

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As others have said, if the PR card doesn't arrive in time for her departure, you will get it by mail to your address and can mail or courier it to her.

In an absolutely worst case scenario that her PR card gets lost on the way to you or from you to her, she can still apply for a PR travel document at the nearest Canadian embassy to get back to Canada.