Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-09
Med's Done....
30-10-10
Passport Req..
30-06-11
Hi all - Would appreciate advise on my case.

I landed in Sept 9, 2011. Within the required 30 days upon landing, I contacted the public health authority about a required medical surveillance undertaking (for inactive TB). But I was told there was no need to call (contrary to instructions on the undertaking and handout), but just to wait for 6 wks for an appointment letter to come. However, after 6 wks, still no letter. In the meantime, I had to leave Canada and start work in the US. We still got our PR card though (thru my brother).

So I followed up again with BC public health authority. They said Immigration must have failed to forward my papers to them so I need to fax it to them myself. On the other hand, I'm wondering if I'm still required to do this medical surveillance if I'm out of Canada anyway? I'm thinking I should just do it when I return but my brother advised I ask Immigration for clarification. Unfortunately, I can't seem to reach CIC thru their hotline. (By the way, I'm told the hoteline is 1-888 242-2100 but I can't get reach it. Do you guys know if CIC has another hotline # or email address for inquiries?)

Obviously, CIC has the final say on what I should do and I hope to talk to them soon. But in your experience, or from others, do you think I should still pursue the medical surveillance or wait until I return to Canada?

radfellow

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-4-2015
AOR Received.
22-5-2015
File Transfer...
6-7-2015
Med's Done....
4-3-2015
Passport Req..
Praying and hoping soon...
VISA ISSUED...
Praying and hoping soon..
LANDED..........
Hi! I wonder what happen to your case now? I asked this because I have the same situation which is to undergo a medical surveillance upon landing. What do u think is the best thing to do to have it done immediately since I have only 45 days to stay there and be back here in Dubai.
I hope I can get a reply from you.. Thanks..

Regards,
Radfellow

joricm

Jun 8, 2011
Quezon City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-09
Med's Done....
30-10-10
Passport Req..
30-06-11
Well, I asked my brother to call the health authority and relay my concern. Health authority says since I'll be away for long, there is no point in fulfilling the requirement ASAP. They specified that upon my return, I should provide the facts & details to the immigration officer so that he knows it was not due to my inaction. I wish it was Immigration who would have said that so I may write to CIC anyway but there doesn't seem to be an email address and their hotline is not valid for calls outside Canada(!)

I suggest you at least check in with them w/in 30 days, they might tell you to wait anyway. But before you leave, tell CIC you are going out of the country and couldn't complete your surveillance because of the health authority's delays.

Good luck with your case.

AOQ76

Oct 1, 2010
hello ! i just received our passports with visa, but my wife requires med surveillance 30 days upon landing. we plan to land sometime this march but will only be staying for few days to continue our work in the US. do you think she can do her med surveillance once we permanently land in canada? i called the number they have provided on the medical surveillance paper for BC and the operator told me that it is the immigration office who send them the med surveillance form and we just have to wait by mail in 6 to 8 weeks time the appointment letter for med surveillance. I told her that we are just about to do our first landing and will not be staying for good yet, she told me that i should tell the immigration officer about it and she thinks that my wife may not have to schedule yet not until she lives in canada permanently. please advice if you have additional info... thanks

radfellow

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-4-2015
AOR Received.
22-5-2015
File Transfer...
6-7-2015
Med's Done....
4-3-2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Praying and hoping soon..
LANDED..........
Hi Joricm,

I would like to ask how many weeks you've waited or your brother to get the PR card? I asked you this because I'm worried if I wont finish my medical surveillance, I might not get my PR card, its my 5th week now here in Canada,but i didn't receive yet. On the other hand, I had my appointment today at the TB clinic, I told them that ill be leaving on 13th and be back after a year. So they just instructed me to do the sputum test and to do a chest xray after coming back, which their procedure is to do it after 3months. The nurse had some questions like if I had vaccine for tb when I was a kid, being exposed to TB, having a treatment, and others. On my case I have known my visa medical results back there, both chest xray and sputum came out negative but still immigration had given me this surveillance when I received the visa, so depressing and having this agony of finishing this. Do you think they wont give the PR card if I didnt finish the surveillance?

HopefulPinay

Oct 25, 2016
radfellow said:
Hi! I wonder what happen to your case now? I asked this because I have the same situation which is to undergo a medical surveillance upon landing. What do u think is the best thing to do to have it done immediately since I have only 45 days to stay there and be back here in Dubai.
I hope I can get a reply from you.. Thanks..

Regards,
Radfellow
HI, just wondering and hoping you can still read and answer. I am quite desperate for answers.

i got a medical surveillance form and i know this means i have to report to a health clinic for monitoring. wala po further message but the form lang.
can anyone enlighten us on the process? how long is the surveillance normally? can this be completed in a week only?
i plan to stay in Canada for a short period only (1/2 month only) and go back to Philippines to continue my work and studies.
should i declare this in immigration and to the health office as a change in address? will i be able to complete my health check or is it just a one-time reporting to health office?

thanks to those who can help answer. thank you

Sn33ze

Jul 11, 2015
HI, just wondering and hoping you can still read and answer. I am quite desperate for answers.

i got a medical surveillance form and i know this means i have to report to a health clinic for monitoring. wala po further message but the form lang.
can anyone enlighten us on the process? how long is the surveillance normally? can this be completed in a week only?
i plan to stay in Canada for a short period only (1/2 month only) and go back to Philippines to continue my work and studies.
should i declare this in immigration and to the health office as a change in address? will i be able to complete my health check or is it just a one-time reporting to health office?

thanks to those who can help answer. thank you
Did you complete this? Please help us understand what to do in a similar situation?

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Did you complete this? Please help us understand what to do in a similar situation?
Hi,

Can you please help.

In our case, we haven’t received any approval yet but today we got email saying medical surveillance notice and we need to followup. We haven’t received any form or anything.

Do you know what it means, I mean it is something bad or what’s happening. Please reply

pratibha18

May 1, 2018
Hi,

Can you please help.

In our case, we haven’t received any approval yet but today we got email saying medical surveillance notice and we need to followup. We haven’t received any form or anything.

Do you know what it means, I mean it is something bad or what’s happening. Please reply[/QUOTE

Hi,

I am not quite sure what do u meant by not received approval yet? Could you plz clarify what stage of the process are you at?
Have you gt the invite to apply?/submitted your documents?/ got COPR?/ gt visa?or made ur first trip to Canada?

As far as i understand, different kinds (active/inactive) of TB have different requirements to fulfill. After landing one has to report for medical surveillance within 7 or 30 days (depending upon the kind of TB u had- it is mentioned on COPR as to with in how many days one has to report). When you will report, the doc would either say no follow up required or would ask you to follow up which I think means revisit in a certain period so that they can keep a check.

I am not sure what stage are you at? You have mentioned you have received an email. In my case I did nt receive any. They might have changed their process. Why don’t you call IRCC to clarify?

Thanks

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Thank you so much for replying. It’s for my parents. They are in Canada on supervisa. Their permanent residence application in process. We applied back in 2017. We haven’t received any decision yet, I mean we have not received permanent residence approval yet but got the email yesterday saying medical surveillance notice and that my dad need to follow up. I called tb clinic they will call themselves and book appointment. In email it says to email on email if given if we don’t get any appointment within 3 months.

My dad has history of tb, it was like 20 years ago.

Reactions: clairemoon

clairemoon

Sep 17, 2019
Thank you so much for replying. It’s for my parents. They are in Canada on supervisa. Their permanent residence application in process. We applied back in 2017. We haven’t received any decision yet, I mean we have not received permanent residence approval yet but got the email yesterday saying medical surveillance notice and that my dad need to follow up. I called tb clinic they will call themselves and book appointment. In email it says to email on email if given if we don’t get any appointment within 3 months.

My dad has history of tb, it was like 20 years ago.
Hi,jbhkaur
Did your dad complete medical surveillance undertaking?
Please, share your dad's experience about that.