Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-10-2015
Nomination.....
OINP-7-16-2015-Declined it
Finally got PPR email today, my experience with the process is outlined below.

First my timeline:

Initial Express Entry profile started with 433 points
Category........: CEC Inland-479 points
App. Filed.......: 7-10-2015
Nomination.....: OINP-7-16-2015-Declined it
ITA-11/27/2015
App submitted- January 7 2016
AOR- January 8 2016
Meds Passed-January 15 2016
Background Check In Progress-May 27 2016
PPR Request-June 8 2016
Passport sent-Jun 8 2016

1. Creating a profile:
Creating a profile is pretty straight forward especially for single applicants.
Make sure all your NOCs and other info are accurate to avoid ineligibility.
All information you enter in the Express entry profile MUST be backed up with proof once you get an ITA. So be truthful and only enter information you can prove.

Include all your skilled work experience regardless of how long you worked at a job. This will help increase your points. I worked 3 months at one of my jobs and still included it.

For international students- I’ve heard some international students are ignoring work experience acquired outside of Canada. As long as the job falls under NOC A.B,0 and can get a letter of employment from your employer, use it. My foreign experience helped increase my points.

2.English tests:
I took two CELPIP tests. On the first test, my scores were 8,8,9,11 and my overall CRS score was 433. I redid the test, scored 11,11,9, 12 and my score shot up to 479. The easiest way to increase your points regardless of Express entry category is to redo the test or have it remarked. I’ve read on the forum that the CELPIP is the easiest. I think it goes down to preparation and test selected for that particular day. The first I did was quite hard (I could tell right after I walked out). The second was easy and I knew I was going to pass it. Go to your local Library, there several CELPIP books that will help give you an idea of what is in the test

3. Proof of funds:
I didn’t receive any monetary gifts so this portion was pretty straightforward. I had enough funds so I submitted copies of all my bank statements and credit cards. You can print these yourself and have a bank agent stamp them otherwise you’ll be charged about $7 per page. If you’ve received gifts, see the link below on how to nail the proof of funds question.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/a-complete-way-to-nail-source-of-fund-dilemma-t349224.0.html

4. Receiving an invitation:
Make sure you avoid any unnecessary mistakes. With that being said, use this forum as much you can. I can say that I avoided a lot of mistakes by asking questions on this forum. There’s no such thing as a stupid question. Ask ask ask ask!!!!!!
To avoid unnecessary delays to your application, submit all documents at once e.g. medicals, fees, language tests etc

5. Proof of employment
Follow the guidelines as outlined by CIC when writing the letters All letters should include the duties and repsonbilities in the NOC code as outlined on the CIC website. All my employers were gracious enough to let me guide them through the whole letter writing process. In some cases we had to make sure the duties were as indicated on the this website- http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/OccupationIndex.aspx

See guidelines on how to write proof of employment letter-
http://www.canadim.com/how-to-write-a-great-reference-letter/

6. Letter of Explanation
If you have doubts about a section in your application, explain it in the Letter Of Explanation. You have nothing to lose by doing so. When I received ITA, I wasn’t asked to include my language tests. I submitted them anyway, together with my Education transcripts and explained it my Letter of Explanation.

7. Last
Do your medicals and pay all PPR fees in advance, it will save you time and cut down delays to your application

I know a lot of people get impatient and order GCMS notes. They cost $5 each and take about a month to be delivered. I never bothered to order any as I wanted to avoid stress at all costs. Truthfully speaking, I think you only need those if your application hasn’t moved after 6 months.
If you feel the need to order notes, see link below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

Last but not least, if you can avoid over checking the forum, do it. Otherwise you might get a heart attack reading peoples horror stories.

A special shout out to Asivad Anac and Rafzy. You probably don’t remember but you offered a lot of help when I felt hopeless. Thank you guys!!

Good luck to all of you as you continue to pursue your Canadian dream.

Anishcool

Apr 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations on receiving the ITA. Summed up the significant pints nicely. Few questions though.

411 said:

6. Letter of Explanation
If you have doubts about a section in your application, explain it in the Letter Of Explanation. You have nothing to lose by doing so. When I received ITA, I wasn’t asked to include my language tests. I submitted them anyway, together with my Education transcripts and explained it my Letter of Explanation.

May I ask, On what occasion, you needed this Letter of explanation? and why did you not include language tests?

Best

Star Member
Sep 7, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-10-2015
Nomination.....
Anishcool said:
Congratulations on receiving the ITA. Summed up the significant pints nicely. Few questions though.

411 said:

6. Letter of Explanation

May I ask, On what occasion, you needed this Letter of explanation? and why did you not include language tests?

The letter of explanation is included with the document checklist once you receive an ITA. You might need the letter of explanation to explain several cases for example: if youre missing a proof of employment letter because the company is no longer in operation or if an employer refuses to write you one. Note that scenarios vary within applicants.

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 16 - RCMP and 18 May 16 - Sch A
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
included in the application - CELPIP
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
congrats, good work.

farmore

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
27-11-2015
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Med's Done....
12-01-2016
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2016
LANDED..........
18-06-2016
+1 for the post. Nicely detailed......the whole process isn't magic but it requires one crossing all T's and dotting all I's. All the best to those waiting for ITA and PPR

moderator1983

Apr 9, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
1215/2146
App. Filed.......
11.Jun.2016
Nomination.....
16.Nov.2016 ITA
AOR Received.
07.Dec.2016
File Transfer...
Early Jan.2017
Med's Done....
14.Dec.2016
Interview........
25.Apr.2017 Background Check in Progress
Passport Req..
04.May.2017
VISA ISSUED...
15.MAY.2017
LANDED..........
09.AUG.2017
Congratulations...!!
Very nicely and well detailed post...
Thanks for sharing... +1

I've queries regarding LOE, kindly help:
> Is there any specific (document) upload field for LOE?
> Can we upload multiple LOE, for different categories (reference letter specific, NOC related, proof of funds etc) or should we consolidate it in one LOE?

Star Member
Sep 7, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-10-2015
Nomination.....
moderator1983 said:
Congratulations...!!
Very nicely and well detailed post...
Thanks for sharing... +1

I've queries regarding LOE, kindly help:
> Is there any specific (document) upload field for LOE?- Yes, the field is included together with other proof of documents sections.
> Can we upload multiple LOE, for different categories (reference letter specific, NOC related, proof of funds etc) or should we consolidate it in one LOE?
-You cant upload multiple letters however you can fit as much information as you can on one page or two pages and upload them as one file. Please note that you're restricted on document size so be precise and straight to the point in your explanation.
Good luck!

logoaka

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
Hello, sir. Can I ask what do you upload in your "Letter of Employment" field when you received ITA ?

Thank you very much.

Star Member
Sep 7, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-10-2015
Nomination.....
logoaka said:
Hello, sir. Can I ask what do you upload in your "Letter of Employment" field when you received ITA ?

Thank you very much.
http://www.canadim.com/how-to-write-a-great-reference-letter/

moderator1983

Apr 9, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
1215/2146
App. Filed.......
11.Jun.2016
Nomination.....
16.Nov.2016 ITA
AOR Received.
07.Dec.2016
File Transfer...
Early Jan.2017
Med's Done....
14.Dec.2016
Interview........
25.Apr.2017 Background Check in Progress
Passport Req..
04.May.2017
VISA ISSUED...
15.MAY.2017
LANDED..........
09.AUG.2017
hogan said:
Congratulations and thank you for sharing... +1
:)
I respect your sentiments, however after you'll finish your 20th post on this forum, you'll be allowed to give actual ratings (±1) to other members...

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Congratulations....keep up the good work.

logoaka

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
411 said:
http
Hello, sir. Thanks a lot for the reply. But what you mean is a "letter of reference".But that is different from "letter of employment"? In the EE account after ITA, there are two separate fields for them. Do you know what is "letter of employment "?