+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got PPR, Spouse in different country, what to do????

maisah

May 11, 2016
Hi all,
I received request to submit passports to London VO on Thursday. My kids and I live in the UK while my husband works in Saudi Arabia. He can't take 4 weeks off his work to come here and submit his passport. Therefore our alternative is that he submits his passport in Saudi and we do it in the UK.
I have tried to contact London Vo with no luck regarding this issue. When I call I get a recorded message saying send email with urgent in title and they should reply in 24-48 hours. I sent the email on Thursday, and didn't receive anything yet.
I called CIC Canada and they said since London VO processed my application, they can't help and I need to contact London VO. Any suggestions what to do???? btw I am the principle applicant.

Thanks in advance.
M

Casperenoch

Feb 15, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2016
Doc's Request.
15-02-2016 (Sch A & Sch 4)
Nomination.....
12-01-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016
Passport Req..
10-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
29-11-2016
maisah said:
Hi all,
I received request to submit passports to London VO on Thursday. My kids and I live in the UK while my husband works in Saudi Arabia. He can't take 4 weeks off his work to come here and submit his passport. Therefore our alternative is that he submits his passport in Saudi and we do it in the UK.
I have tried to contact London Vo with no luck regarding this issue. When I call I get a recorded message saying send email with urgent in title and they should reply in 24-48 hours. I sent the email on Thursday, and didn't receive anything yet.
I called CIC Canada and they said since London VO processed my application, they can't help and I need to contact London VO. Any suggestions what to do???? btw I am the principle applicant.

Thanks in advance.
M

Similar situation as you. Got a passport request letter but my wife is currently in the US while I am in Dubai. I got her to send her passport to me by courier and I submitted them (Hers and mine) to the Abu Dhabi Visa processing office per the letter request. I also wrote a brief letter explaining her current location etc just for disclosure purposes.

You should probably do the same.

maisah

May 11, 2016
Casperenoch said:
Similar situation as you. Got a passport request letter but my wife is currently in the US while I am in Dubai. I got her to send her passport to me by courier and I submitted them (Hers and mine) to the Abu Dhabi Visa processing office per the letter request. I also wrote a brief letter explaining her current location etc just for disclosure purposes.

You should probably do the same.
Hi there,
What you did was my initial plan, but when I called DHL, Fedex, and Aramex on Thursday, all three notified me that the UK custom may delay and even seize the passport. How long do the VO usually need the passports for? I know that the letter says 4 weeks, but do they really take it for 4 weeks?

Casperenoch

Feb 15, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2016
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
12-01-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016
Passport Req..
10-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
29-11-2016
maisah said:
Hi there,
What you did was my initial plan, but when I called DHL, Fedex, and Aramex on Thursday, all three notified me that the UK custom may delay and even seize the passport. How long do the VO usually need the passports for? I know that the letter says 4 weeks, but do they really take it for 4 weeks?
What I have seen on average from info on this forum is that VOs usually take between 3 - 6 weeks to process visas etc. I can't be very certain though. My wife's passport was sent to me via Fedex and there wasn't a problem; maybe there are different rules in the UK though.

cocomo

Aug 30, 2015
I am in a similar situation, I have submitted my passport for a visit visa and don't have it at the moment. I will receive it in time but I have to travel for work after a week. By the time I come back the deadline would have passed. I don't know how to proceed.

I wrote an email to London VO but they havnt replied and it has been 13 Days. Tried calling them as well but cannot get through to an agent. Do let me know if you can get through to someone in London VO regarding the issue.

Good Luck

I don't think sending passport through post is a good idea. You can have it sent with a person flying to UK from the place where your spouse is. This is again not legally allowed.

maisah said:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.
M

maisah

May 11, 2016
Hi Cocomo,
I tried all options when I called them with no luck, either voice mail or recorded message. I sent them another email, so wishing for the best now. Otherwise I am just stuck.

cocomo said:
I am in a similar situation, I have submitted my passport for a visit visa and don't have it at the moment. I will receive it in time but I have to travel for work after a week. By the time I come back the deadline would have passed. I don't know how to proceed.

I wrote an email to London VO but they havnt replied and it has been 13 Days. Tried calling them as well but cannot get through to an agent. Do let me know if you can get through to someone in London VO regarding the issue.

Good Luck

I don't think sending passport through post is a good idea. You can have it sent with a person flying to UK from the place where your spouse is. This is again not legally allowed.

cocomo

Aug 30, 2015
Did you get a reply to your mail?
I havn't received any reply yet!!!

I tried all contact numbers as well. Still cant get to talk to anyone!!!

Casperenoch

Feb 15, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2016
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
12-01-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016
Passport Req..
10-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
29-11-2016
maisah said:
Hi there,

Update: Just got our passports back; it took 10 days.

maisah

May 11, 2016
Hi Cocomo,
Nothing at all. Complete silence :'(
cocomo said:
Did you get a reply to your mail?
I havn't received any reply yet!!!

I tried all contact numbers as well. Still cant get to talk to anyone!!!

maisah

May 11, 2016
That is super news Casper, I am sending them on Tuesday since Monday is bank holiday. Just arrived today back to the UK.

Casperenoch said:
Update: Just got our passports back; it took 10 days.

Casperenoch

Feb 15, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2016
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
12-01-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016
Passport Req..
10-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
29-11-2016
maisah said:
That is super news Casper, I am sending them on Tuesday since Monday is bank holiday. Just arrived today back to the UK.
Thanks. Good luck. Happy Bank Holiday :)

indiauscanada

Oct 5, 2017
Hi guyz...i.might land into same situation as you two. Could you please let me know if it all worked out well with you two by sending passport through courier across the countries?

giri123

Aug 19, 2014
Hi Guys, I am in the same situation. However, we wrote an email to the email ID mentioned in the PPR and asked them to provide a different VO for the spouse (in Europe). They issued us an additional PPR PDF for submission in Vienna embassy. We got this response in 1 working day. Hope this helps. Thanks.