+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got PPR but renewed passport

roteaugen

Feb 8, 2017
Hi,

I have recently received a passport request from CIC regarding my PR application. The problem is that my passport's validity was less than 6 months so I renewed it immediately. I'll be able to get the new passport within the 30 day limit so timing won't be an issue. But does any one know if I can just send in this new passport, or do I need to also include other documents related to this passport replacement (e.g. an explanation letter, a photocopy/original copy of the old passport, etc.)?

Also do I need to somehow formally notify CIC about this change? The PPR email mentioned a few cases where I should notify them (such as the change of marital status) via email but renewing passport is not among them.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

-Matt

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have recently received a passport request from CIC regarding my PR application. The problem is that my passport's validity was less than 6 months so I renewed it immediately. I'll be able to get the new passport within the 30 day limit so timing won't be an issue. But does any one know if I can just send in this new passport, or do I need to also include other documents related to this passport replacement (e.g. an explanation letter, a photocopy/original copy of the old passport, etc.)?

Also do I need to somehow formally notify CIC about this change? The PPR email mentioned a few cases where I should notify them (such as the change of marital status) via email but renewing passport is not among them.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

-Matt
All you need to do is write a LOE and send both the old and new passports. You’ll be fine.

m34

Dec 16, 2018
AOR Received.
28-05-2018
Med's Done....
10-06-2018
Passport Req..
15-02-2019
Got it. Thank you very much!
How did it work out with you? Did you send the new and old one with a LOE? Or did you do any other steps?
Thanks

maplegoal

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-10-2017
Doc's Request.
10-10-2017
Nomination.....
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
How did it work out with you? Did you send the new and old one with a LOE? Or did you do any other steps?
Thanks
Let me know what u did as i am in the same boat.