+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got OOPNP Interest Letter - On Implied status right now? What to do :o :o

harrybrar

Nov 11, 2014
Hey Guys

I recently got an interest letter in my Express Entry profile from Opportunities Ontario and they have give me 45 Days to apply for PNP.

Now I am very much interested in the program. But the challenge is My work permit got expired and now I have applied for restoration of my status as a Visitor in Canada and I am on implied status for time being in Ontario.

I have all the documentation needed to successfully apply for Ontario PNP.

As CIC will easily take more than 45 days to process my status application and I don't want to loose Opportunities Ontario points due to their processing time.

So, should I just go for Ontario Express Entry PNP even under implied status?

harrybrar

Nov 11, 2014
On the application it says "If you are currently residing in Canada and you do not have current legal status, You may not be eligible to apply to the Program.

It says "may not be" . So, its depends I guess!!

Might as well take a chance :D

fat_penguin

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
harrybrar said:
On the application it says "If you are currently residing in Canada and you do not have current legal status, You may not be eligible to apply to the Program.

It says "may not be" . So, its depends I guess!!

Might as well take a chance :D
Can you please point out the source of this statement? I couldn't find it on the Opportunities Ontario website.

Is having a valid status a requirement of this nomination program? I thought people outside of Canada could apply to it too (as long as they held the status in the past and met the work requirement).

Nisha robert

Jun 15, 2015
Hello everyone .. I have applied for pnp Ontario in March .. I mean I submitted all my documents to the agent And I have not heard any news from my agent till now .. It's been almost 2 and half months but m still waiting for invitation to apply according to agent who is handling my case in Delhi . M really confused after seeing all the post on this website and the timeline . Can you please help me to give some information how long it takes to get reply from Canadian government to apply for pr. And I still doesn't have my cic account also .. Please reply as soon as possible.. Thanks