+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got only 3months visa for 2 years course

Svrreddy

Nov 4, 2019
# NEED SOME ADVICE/ HELP

Hello everyone, my name is Rajshekar and I'm a student. I just moved to Canada on 27th November 2020. I am currently studying my 2 years masters degree. I applied for study permit from India for fall intake but the IRCC issued only Visa and study permit till the end of next month I.e, 31 December 2020. So basically they only issued me 3 months student Visa for 2 years program.
I really don't know why it's happened since I provided all the documents correctly.

At the immigration in Vancouver the officer told me to get extended my visa Asap or else I have to leave the country by the end of next month.

So I am here asking all of you what should I do now. Any suggestions would be really appreciated because I'm really confused and worried about this situation.

Thank you for take your time and reading it.

Regards,
Rajshekar!!!

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Is that when your passport expires? If so, you'll need to apply for a new one + extension on study visa.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
# NEED SOME ADVICE/ HELP

Hello everyone, my name is Rajshekar and I'm a student. I just moved to Canada on 27th November 2020. I am currently studying my 2 years masters degree. I applied for study permit from India for fall intake but the IRCC issued only Visa and study permit till the end of next month I.e, 31 December 2020. So basically they only issued me 3 months student Visa for 2 years program.
I really don't know why it's happened since I provided all the documents correctly.

At the immigration in Vancouver the officer told me to get extended my visa Asap or else I have to leave the country by the end of next month.

So I am here asking all of you what should I do now. Any suggestions would be really appreciated because I'm really confused and worried about this situation.

Thank you for take your time and reading it.

Regards,
Rajshekar!!!
What university?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
You won't want to hear this but I am not surprised. UCW is not a very renowned institution and has a bad reputation. Therefore, the visa officer probably suspects you of not being a genuine student and therefore is making life difficult for you.

This is another example of not all institutions in Canada being seen 'equal' but I will receive hate from those without knowledge for speaking the truth. My guess is that the VO wants you to apply for study permit extension with your grades to make sure you are attending classes and doing well.

Svrreddy

Nov 4, 2019
You won't want to hear this but I am not surprised. UCW is not a very renowned institution and has a bad reputation. Therefore, the visa officer probably suspects you of not being a genuine student and therefore is making life difficult for you.

This is another example of not all institutions in Canada being seen 'equal' but I will receive hate from those without knowledge for speaking the truth. My guess is that the VO wants you to apply for study permit extension with your grades to make sure you are attending classes and doing well.
Thank you very much for the response

Jul 2, 2020
Category........
STUDY

Don't be a Guru and give him more panic. How many UCW students you know received only 3 months visa. Show me one? It has nothing to do with his institution. It was probably an error. Or, He might have a foundation course and he needs to complete that in order to enroll in the Masters program.

Yes, UCW is private but they improving gradually. I am not a student of UCW but you should not make harsh comment on anyone's University like this. At least they maintain a minimum standard. Likewise, he might not meet requirements of other universities and this might be a reason he has chosen this University.

Learn to encourage bro. Don't spread unnecessary panic. If he applies for visa extension, he will surely get that in a very quick time. May be couple of weeks not more than that.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Don't be a Guru and give him more panic. How many UCW students you know received only 3 months visa. Show me one? It has nothing to do with his institution. It was probably an error. Or, He might have a foundation course and he needs to complete that in order to enroll in the Masters program.

Yes, UCW is private but they improving gradually. I am not a student of UCW but you should not make harsh comment on anyone's University like this. At least they maintain a minimum standard. Likewise, he might not meet requirements of other universities and this might be a reason he has chosen this University.

Learn to encourage bro. Don't spread unnecessary panic. If he applies for visa extension, he will surely get that in a very quick time. May be couple of weeks not more than that.
How do you know? Show me proof. Where have I said he can't get extension? I said if he shows grades or status then he can clearly apply for extension. Don't try to spread misinformation

Jul 2, 2020
Category........
STUDY
How do you know? Show me proof. Where have I said he can't get extension? I said if he shows grades or status then he can clearly apply for extension. Don't try to spread misinformation
What you said regarding his situation was completely irrelevant. His University had nothing to do with his problem. He didn't ask for his University review from you mate.

You made all of your baseless assumption that made no sense at all. If IRCC didn't treat every institutions equally then UCW wouldn't make it to the Approval list by October, 20 whereas many public institutions needed to wait long for approval. Was it really hard to find for anyone who spread misinformation? If VO suspected him, he wouldn't have been refused at first place. VO didn't need to pull up something like this.

First, you bought up his University for nothing. Then you made assumption that creates nothing but panic and it makes him feel low. If you understand English, then you should read what you have written again in your first comment and challenge me if I am wrong. Thank you. End of debate.

Reactions: TamiB and Aesopzai

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
What you said regarding his situation was completely irrelevant. His University had nothing to do with his problem. He didn't ask for his University review from you mate.

You made all of your baseless assumption that made no sense at all. If IRCC didn't treat every institutions equally then UCW wouldn't make it to the Approval list by October, 20 whereas many public institutions needed to wait long for approval. Was it really hard to find for anyone who spread misinformation? If VO suspected him, he wouldn't have been refused at first place. VO didn't need to pull up something like this.

First, you bought up his University for nothing. Then you made assumption that creates nothing but panic and it makes him feel low. If you understand English, then you should read what you have written again in your first comment and challenge me if I am wrong. Thank you. End of debate.
Approval list doesn't mean you will guarantee get a visa.

Approval depends on the applicant not the institution.

You should stop spreading misinformation.

Jul 2, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Approval list doesn't mean you will guarantee get a visa.

Approval depends on the applicant not the institution.

You should stop spreading misinformation.
Bro. Where did I say, approval list means guaranteed visa? I mean are you serious? I am sure you didn't even understand the context of the example I have given.

Where did I say approval depends on institution? I mean wow. Which word made you feel that I said SP solely depends on institution?

Bro. Read carefully before you make a comment. Kindly do not falsely accuse someone.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChaChaVidhayakHain

abdlaqeel

Mar 10, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
17th May
Med's Request
8 Sep
Passport Req..
29th Nov
My passport is valid till 2026 that's why I'm even more worried and confused
Don’t worry you can easily extend your trv. Its not a problem. I have some questions about your travel to canada can you be so kind as to please reply my dm