+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got oauth invitation but currently outside Canada

davidiamyou

Jun 15, 2015
I just received citizenship oath invitation after applying for almost two years.

Small problem though is that I am currently outside Canada receiving a series of surgeries, which basically disables me from travelling, not to mention the difficulties to travel during the Covid time.

I am looking for some suggestions. Do I just write to IRCC and ask them to postpone my oath?

My PR card expires in June, does that add more complexities into the mix when I am finally fit to travel?

appunnu

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
yes, please reach out to IRCC and request for postponing the Oath (if absolutely you cannot travel). As for the PR card, since you wont get PR card renewed in the given time, try for PRTD for one time entry when you return to Canada.

HarmanSingh1313

Oct 10, 2020
I just received citizenship oath invitation after applying for almost two years.

Small problem though is that I am currently outside Canada receiving a series of surgeries, which basically disables me from travelling, not to mention the difficulties to travel during the Covid time.

I am looking for some suggestions. Do I just write to IRCC and ask them to postpone my oath?

My PR card expires in June, does that add more complexities into the mix when I am finally fit to travel?
Hi there
Did you end up giving your oath ceremony outside Canada or had to come back to Canada?
Please advise