ali.ahmad2789

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

I received my passport today. I got approval for visa on Thursday (19th June).
I applied for Mba program at carleton university. There are few things which i really want to share which certainly will help you all.
My travel history was good, I studied in Univ of Nottingham in Malaysia and came back after my studies so you can say my travel history is good.
There were couple of serious drawbacks in my application due to which i thought I may be rejected.

1. My father is retired and he does not have any business. I only showed his savings and also showed the property papers of our house.

2. I have 2 elder brothers, one went to Aus and got his PR and now he is settled there with his family. The second brother lives in canada and he also got his PR and is also settled there with his family. I have a number of relatives in Canada, all my maternal side lives there. My brother sponsored my Parents for Canada almost 2 years an 10 months ago. Under that application he applied for me as well and showed me as dependent.

So you can understand my family ties in Pakistan were pretty weak but still I managed to get visa in 7 weeks Alhamdullilah. So i concluded one thing that a student should be genuine and must be going for a program which is relevant to his prior studies and hopefully he will get the visa. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Ali

natdn

May 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
Doc's Request.
10-01-2017
Nomination.....
25-07-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
Congrats bro ..! May i know the date you applied.

Thanks, DN

srinivas.rao

Apr 5, 2014
Hi Friend

My profile :
10-83
12-77nt
engg-IT-67
3yrs work experience
went to onsite sweden for 4months

applied for NYIT-vancouver ,canada. for sep-2014 for master in computers
planning for GIC only
1.what are my chances of getting visa
2.do u suggest any thing about finiances
3.how long does it take to get PR

please explain how long does it take for each step ,in processing of applying visa. i.e after getting offer letter from college/university.

thank in advance.
wish u all the best to get PR as well.

ali.ahmad2789

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied on 1st May and got my approval on 19th of June.
Bro processing time varies for different countries. I can only tell you about Pakistan. I got my medical call on 23rd May 2014. I scheduled m medical on 28th and finally I received approval for visa on 19th. It was a paper based application

natdn

May 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
Doc's Request.
10-01-2017
Nomination.....
25-07-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
Thanks bro ... My case differs , i applied also through paper from INDIA but i submitted medical report while applying.

i applied on June 9th & can you guess when would i be receiving the decision. One guy in forum posted that he applied on 10th June & got approved mail today morning at 9 AM

Thanks, DN

fazeel

Jan 26, 2011
Pakistan
ali.ahmad2789 said:
Dear All,

I received my passport today. I got approval for visa on Thursday (19th June).
I applied for Mba program at carleton university. There are few things which i really want to share which certainly will help you all.
My travel history was good, I studied in Univ of Nottingham in Malaysia and came back after my studies so you can say my travel history is good.
There were couple of serious drawbacks in my application due to which i thought I may be rejected.

1. My father is retired and he does not have any business. I only showed his savings and also showed the property papers of our house.

2. I have 2 elder brothers, one went to Aus and got his PR and now he is settled there with his family. The second brother lives in canada and he also got his PR and is also settled there with his family. I have a number of relatives in Canada, all my maternal side lives there. My brother sponsored my Parents for Canada almost 2 years an 10 months ago. Under that application he applied for me as well and showed me as dependent.

So you can understand my family ties in Pakistan were pretty weak but still I managed to get visa in 7 weeks Alhamdullilah. So i concluded one thing that a student should be genuine and must be going for a program which is relevant to his prior studies and hopefully he will get the visa. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Ali
Good to hear about ur visa. Can u plz tell me ur current education, ielts band and ur contry?

ali.ahmad2789

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pakistan,

Prev education: Bachelors degree in Finance and accounting 3.3 GPA Ielts exempted still took for visa purpose and score 7.5 GMAT 570. Work experience: one year