+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got my Visa for January course but i already deferred it , can i still change my course and travel in May instead?

Naquiv8

Sep 25, 2020
Hello, im an international student from India who applied for my Visa on October 9th 2020 for the January 2021 intake in Fanshawe college for international business management.
But there was no update about my application so i decided to defer my course to September but after i deferred and sent them my new LOA through webform ,i got my AIP and later passport request and i finally got my Visa today but it's for the January intake so it's valid until 31st of December.
Can i now change my course and take a different one if anyone is available for May intake so i can go there sooner or would i have a problem at the border check?
Suggestions would be much appreciated

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Hello, im an international student from India who applied for my Visa on October 9th 2020 for the January 2021 intake in Fanshawe college for international business management.
But there was no update about my application so i decided to defer my course to September but after i deferred and sent them my new LOA through webform ,i got my AIP and later passport request and i finally got my Visa today but it's for the January intake so it's valid until 31st of December.
Can i now change my course and take a different one if anyone is available for May intake so i can go there sooner or would i have a problem at the border check?
if you can change your course to May intake?

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
if you get new letter or acceptance from college for may intake then you at the border there will be no problem.
when does your visa start and finish ? from Jan 2021 till December 31th?