+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got my student visa after 3 refusals !

Athul94

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Hi and good day everyone,
Hope this message reaches you well and that it'll give some hope to people who are in the same situation I was in not too long ago. Here is my Profile for starters,
IELTS: 8.0, 10+2 : 89%, B.Tech (7.1 CGPA) with 12 backlogs including number of attempts. I approached a local consultancy and applied for the first time in Nov 2019 to a college in Ontario( 2 year PgD course). It was an online SDS application. I provided all the documents they asked for in the checklist. Got refused after 26days. I was heartbroken. My agent said that my profile was okay and that I should immediately apply offline. I did, and 35days after applying, the refusal came. I applied for the GCMS notes after both decisions and in it, it was written the officers were not convinced that I'll return to my home country after my studies and they were not convinced of my personal establishment and my ties to my home country. I approached another consultant and they told me that my SOP was very weak and that I'll also have to provide additional documents to prove my financial capabilities. I applied online with all these documents and unfortunately this time also the decision was negative. I was not ready to give up as I knew many students who had a weak profile than me getting their Visa. I decided to give it one more try before calling it quits and applied with the same documents (modified the SOP a bit) and this time I applied offline on March 11th, 2020 (for may 2020 intake). A week after that Lockdown happened and the VACs closed. Then after a long time on Aug 15th, I got a request to upload an updated LoA ( I had to defer to Sep 2020). Then on Sep 1, I got my AIP ( even though I submitted a complete application). I decided to take a gamble and I started my online classes in September. Then in the month of November, I started hearing that they are refusing people even when they had AIP. This made me very nervous. On Dec 15 I got a BVL and on Dec 23 I got a message saying that they've dispatched my passport and my application was approved. Got my passport yesterday (Dec 26, 2020) with the Visa stamped.
In times of uncertainty, many posts from this group helped me a lot. So I hope this post will give hope to someone else.
If you have been refused, don't panic and don't give up. There will be a logical explanation for your refusal. Order your GCMS notes and analyze them. Then address every concern the VO raised. A strong SOP and a strong financial statement ( which also shows your ties to your home country). These are the things that helped me. Hope someone finds this useful. I'll follow this post as long as I can and will try to reply to anyone. Thank you and hope you will succeed in getting what you desire.

arhue

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Congratulations!

shopnodana91

Dec 20, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-01-2021
Med's Request
02-03-2021
Med's Done....
08-03-2021
Passport Req..
01-04-2021
I get some hope as i got refusal in first attempt and applying second time after few days. Congrats!

Nit123

Sep 2, 2020
Hope this message reaches you well and that it'll give some hope to people who are in the same situation I was in not too long ago. Here is my Profile for starters,
IELTS: 8.0, 10+2 : 89%, B.Tech (7.1 CGPA) with 12 backlogs including number of attempts. I approached a local consultancy and applied for the first time in Nov 2019 to a college in Ontario( 2 year PgD course). It was an online SDS application. I provided all the documents they asked for in the checklist. Got refused after 26days. I was heartbroken. My agent said that my profile was okay and that I should immediately apply offline. I did, and 35days after applying, the refusal came. I applied for the GCMS notes after both decisions and in it, it was written the officers were not convinced that I'll return to my home country after my studies and they were not convinced of my personal establishment and my ties to my home country. I approached another consultant and they told me that my SOP was very weak and that I'll also have to provide additional documents to prove my financial capabilities. I applied online with all these documents and unfortunately this time also the decision was negative. I was not ready to give up as I knew many students who had a weak profile than me getting their Visa. I decided to give it one more try before calling it quits and applied with the same documents (modified the SOP a bit) and this time I applied offline on March 11th, 2020 (for may 2020 intake). A week after that Lockdown happened and the VACs closed. Then after a long time on Aug 15th, I got a request to upload an updated LoA ( I had to defer to Sep 2020). Then on Sep 1, I got my AIP ( even though I submitted a complete application). I decided to take a gamble and I started my online classes in September. Then in the month of November, I started hearing that they are refusing people even when they had AIP. This made me very nervous. On Dec 15 I got a BVL and on Dec 23 I got a message saying that they've dispatched my passport and my application was approved. Got my passport yesterday (Dec 26, 2020) with the Visa stamped.
In times of uncertainty, many posts from this group helped me a lot. So I hope this post will give hope to someone else.
If you have been refused, don't panic and don't give up. There will be a logical explanation for your refusal. Order your GCMS notes and analyze them. Then address every concern the VO raised. A strong SOP and a strong financial statement ( which also shows your ties to your home country). These are the things that helped me. Hope someone finds this useful. I'll follow this post as long as I can and will try to reply to anyone. Thank you and hope you will succeed in getting what you desire.
Congartzzz

Kobby84

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
How much proof of funds did you show on the final application? And what did you show as home ties?

Athul94

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
How much proof of funds did you show on the final application? And what did you show as home ties?
I can't say the exact amount but in the first 2 applications, all I showed was the first-year tuition payment receipt and GIC payment...No other financial documents. The next time I attached a net worth assessment certificate by a CA and some more financial documents supporting it

Jash619

Dec 11, 2020
Toronto
Category........
STUDY
Hey, if you don't mind sharing, how did you improve your SOP? I mean what did you add more to your last SOP in contrast to your first, and congrats.

fasalu101

Apr 5, 2020
I can't say the exact amount but in the first 2 applications, all I showed was the first-year tuition payment receipt and GIC payment...No other financial documents. The next time I attached a net worth assessment certificate by a CA and some more financial documents supporting it
Did you show the property evaluation report for the properties in your name or is it fine if we show it in our parent's name?

Athul94

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Hey, if you don't mind sharing, how did you improve your SOP? I mean what did you add more to your last SOP in contrast to your first, and congrats.
My SOP was written by my agent bro. They asked for all the details and made one

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
Many congratulation bro.
My student visa is also refused twice.
May I know your refusal reasons for all 3 times ?
I got 3 reasons in 1st time ( family ties, diploma after bachelor , level of establishment and future scope)
2nd time I solved family ties reason but they again rejected with others reasons ( diploma after bachelor , level of establishment and future scope )
Now, I have changed my diploma course to PG level diploma and reapplied soon after getting my GCMS notes.

You gave me so much confidence. Thanks a lot man.
Please share your refusal reasons for all 3 times.

Beast07

Apr 8, 2022
Hello there, i got refusal earlier for may intake
I reapplied on april 15
Few days ago i was asked for updated loa request letter

Can i expect my ppr now ?
Thanks