+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got my Oath notice!

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
Hi guys,

Pleased to inform you that I got my Oath notice (online today). The letter of Invitation was sent to me on January 29, might get it next week.

I have two questions, will appreciate if anyone with experience can answer:

1. How many guests can I invite to my Oath Ceremony (I have two maximum)

2. How soon can I apply for a passport after my Oath and can you please give me the official link. I need to know which way is faster to get a passport since I have to come back (this time I am travelling without my family :-( too far and expensive).

Thank you guys for all your wonderful support in this forum! I wish you all the Best and hope you all get your Oath very very soon too! Hugs to all...

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yolka said:
Hi guys,

Pleased to inform you that I got my Oath notice (online today). The letter of Invitation was sent to me on January 29, might get it next week.

I have two questions, will appreciate if anyone with experience can answer:

1. How many guests can I invite to my Oath Ceremony (I have two maximum)

2. How soon can I apply for a passport after my Oath and can you please give me the official link. I need to know which way is faster to get a passport since I have to come back (this time I am travelling without my family :-( too far and expensive).

Thank you guys for all your wonderful support in this forum! I wish you all the Best and hope you all get your Oath very very soon too! Hugs to all...
Unsure about the guests to Oath ceremony. But for passport I believe you now need to wait 2 business days before applying. More info: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/residents/passport.asp

Congrats btw!

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
vinaypuri said:
Cool.. congrats.. you did you test @ Scarborough on Jan 22nd, right?
Thank you! Yes, I did my test at Scarborough on Jan 22nd. Hope you get yours soon too, which day was your test?

A Zin

Jan 9, 2014
congratulations
from my best friend 's experience, the day he finished the Oath he went to passport Canada to apply as rush, he was prepared with filling the form and let the garantoer sign and the 2 refrences. he paid more for rush like $100 but he received it in one day. interm to apply for rush you have to provide a confirmed flight ticket. in a very rare situations the citizenship number takes 2 business days to show on the system. but normally you could have your passport in one day after the Oath if you prepare the form from now.

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
Congrats Yolka!
I know from a friend who works at settlement services dealing with CIC. She told me that after oath, one has to take a business day before applying for a passport.

You can get an expedited services for your passport and get it in 24 hour with an extra fee of C$110.

Safe travels!

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
bangloboy said:
Unsure about the guests to Oath ceremony. But for passport I believe you now need to wait 2 business days before applying. More info: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/residents/passport.asp

Congrats btw!
Thank you, appreciate it!

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
A Zin said:
congratulations
from my best friend 's experience, the day he finished the Oath he went to passport Canada to apply as rush, he was prepared with filling the form and let the garantoer sign and the 2 refrences. he paid more for rush like $100 but he received it in one day. interm to apply for rush you have to provide a confirmed flight ticket. in a very rare situations the citizenship number takes 2 business days to show on the system. but normally you could have your passport in one day after the Oath if you prepare the form from now.
o wow, that's great! Thank you.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yolka said:
Thank you! Yes, I did my test at Scarborough on Jan 22nd. Hope you get yours soon too, which day was your test?
I did in Scarborough on 22nd too at 1:00PM session... waiting...

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
Dejaavu said:
Congrats Yolka!
I know from a friend who works at settlement services dealing with CIC. She told me that after oath, one has to take a business day before applying for a passport.

You can get an expedited services for your passport and get it in 24 hour with an extra fee of C$110.

Safe travels!
Thanks Dejaavu! I do not mind to pay extra fee as long as I get it asap.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
vinaypuri said:
I did in Scarborough on 22nd too at 1:00PM session... waiting...
Oh really, wow the same day just an hour later test. Mine was at 11.30. It means you get your Oath notice this week :) Good luck!

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yolka said:
Oh really, wow the same day just an hour later test. Mine was at 11.30. It means you get your Oath notice this week :) Good luck!
May be on Monday, Generally never so excited about mondays :)