+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got my Canadian citizenship, what now?

ruthabeau57

Nov 14, 2020
Hey! So I’m new to this subreddit and couldn’t find a better place to ask about this, I got my certificate of Canadian (I was born outside of Canada and never lived there)

Now I’m wondering what’s next for me, how do I start becoming more of a Canadian citizen.

So the most trivial thing is to get my passport, I actually want to get in when I’m in Canada already but I heard that Canadian citizens have to enter the country with Canadian passports, how do I deal with that?

After that what’s next, do I need to get anything else to be considered a Canadian citizen? Any tips for new comers to Canada?

Thanks in advance!

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
You don't need anything additional, right now, to be "considered" a Canadian citizen. You're one.

For the passport, yeah, you need one to come here (unless you're coming very soon and may qualify for a special authorization), but you can apply for it from any country. See here :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/new-adult-passport/apply.html

If you're interested in settling in the country, I suppose there are people who may have a good insight on the cities that may interest you. Good luck!

ruthabeau57

Nov 14, 2020
Hey! So I’m new to this subreddit and couldn’t find a better place to ask about this, I got my certificate of Canadian (I was born outside of Canada and never lived there)

Now I’m wondering what’s next for me, how do I start becoming more of a Canadian citizen.

So the most trivial thing is to get my passport, I actually want to get in when I’m in Canada already but I heard that Canadian citizens have to enter the country with Canadian passports, how do I deal with that?SHAREit

After that what’s next, do I need to get anything else to be considered a Canadian citizen? Any tips for new comers to Canada?

Thanks in advance!
issue got solveddd