Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vrajend87 said:
Can someone help me on this?

What is Bridging Open Work Permit Actually?

I have a valid Closed WP till Dec 2014

Can i apply for this open WP by Any chance by Changing the clauses since I have my AOR in hand?
Please refer to this link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
Thanks for the news aand, I assume you were on IEC (working holiday)?

I'm in the same boat - the AOR will probably arrive a week or two after my current OWP expires.

So I guess I'm applying for the BOWP basically the day before my OWP expires, and attaching the operational bulletin and stuff from my current job.

Fingers crossed...

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vrajend87 said:

Can i apply for this open WP by Any chance by Changing the clauses since I have my AOR in hand?
Follow this link
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/frequently-asked-questions-for-general-informationeligibilitynew-members-t154632.0.html

For people who's work permit is expiring soon, you can apply for a Bridging Working Permit (BOWP) that will allow you to work while you wait for your PR.

To be eligible for a bridging open WP, the following parameters must be met:
-The foreign national is currently in Canada;
-They have valid status on a WP that is due to expire within 4 months (meaning your work permit will expire in less than 4 months);
-They have received a positive eligibility decision on their PR application under one of the Economic Class programs above (meaning you received AOR or your GCMS notes says you have "passed" eligibility); and
-They have made application for an open WP.

You can either apply by mail or online at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp.
There is a great forum threat about applying and receiving is successfully: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t147650.0.html

In this case you are not eligible for BOWP

aand

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
1121, 5221
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
AOR Received.
June 13, 2013
Med's Request
December 13, 2013
Med's Done....
January 16, 2014 (rec'd Jan 27, 2014)
Passport Req..
visa exempt
LANDED..........
February 8, 2014
intermingle said:
This sounds like it is good news!

I have just sent off my application and should receive AOR in approx. 7 weeks (early October). My current WP expires at the end of October, so I really hope to get the BWP in time.

But what I am really worried about is if there is anything wrong with the application I sent that stops me getting AOR. Because by the time I send the new application my WP wil have expired and I won't be able to apply for the BWP.

I am worried sick about this, even though my application should be OK.

Would this approval of a BWP without AOR affect me in any way? In a good way I am hoping!

Any help is very much appreciated, I am nervous wreck over this!
Hi intermingle,

If your application is missing something or is incomplete - they should return it about 5 weeks after it was recieved.

I would hold off putting in your BOWP application until right before your OWP expires - maybe a week before. If you need to draw it out even more, apply BOWP by mail, not online. Mail applications take longer to process, and as long as you submitted it before your OWP expired - then you will be on implied status until a decision has been made.

Hope that helps.

Citrus

Apr 25, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-07-2013
vrajend87 said:

Yes. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

Citrus

Apr 25, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-07-2013
intermingle said:
This sounds like it is good news!

I have just sent off my application and should receive AOR in approx. 7 weeks (early October). My current WP expires at the end of October, so I really hope to get the BWP in time.

But what I am really worried about is if there is anything wrong with the application I sent that stops me getting AOR. Because by the time I send the new application my WP wil have expired and I won't be able to apply for the BWP.

I am worried sick about this, even though my application should be OK.

Would this approval of a BWP without AOR affect me in any way? In a good way I am hoping!

Any help is very much appreciated, I am nervous wreck over this!
Hopefully you will get your AOR with no problems.

If not, get another CEC application in immediately and then apply for the BOWP (preferably by mail to buy more time - processing times are longer) and as long as both are sent before your current work permit expires you should be OK anyway, based on the experiences of others in this thread.

intermingle

Jan 4, 2013
Thanks so much everyone. I will keep my fingers crossed that I made no silly mistakes, and that I get AOR. If not, I will take your advice. Good luck to everyone.

sygogooma

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-27-2013
AOR Received.
08-20-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Request
02-14-2014
Med's Done....
02-20-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Exempted
LANDED..........
03-10-2014
I have sent BOWP application to Vegreville, ON on Aug 6th and the file was arrived on Aug 12th ("thanks" to Canada Post making their best commitment to the 2-business-day priority shipping Xpresspost :mad: ). I just received AOR today but I had to send it in ahead since my OWP had expired on Aug 11th. Fingers crossed! Hopefully I can get the BOWP in about 2 months.

mansari

Star Member
Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2013
Doc's Request.
PCC sent with application
AOR Received.
08-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
12-08-2013
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
aand said:
Hey folks,

I think this is a first - Just got my BOWP approved without submitting the AOR.

I had not received my AOR at the time of my WP running out, so before that I had submitted the BOWP (application for extension OWP) online. I had sent an explanatory letter along with OB 485, copy of my current WP, and although I applied for a OWP, I did also attach a copy of my offer letter/contract. But in the application did not fill in Employer details.

Timeline:

CEC Application Received: April 29
BOWP Online Application submitted: May 15
Current OWP Expired: May 26
AOR received: June 13
BOWP approval email: June 19

BOWP is for 12 months - valid to June 18, 2014.

hi aaand,
congrats. well me and wife are exactly in the same boat... we applied for PR on aug 8 and unfortunately our permits are expiring on aug 30 and awaiting rAOR response. i have study permit and my wife on open work permit....
so can we both apply for BOWP??
second can u assist us in filling out the form as its a bit confusing about emplyer details and the kind of visa to request... please help us out as i have son who will end up suffering coz of this....

Citrus

Apr 25, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-07-2013
mansari said:
hi aaand,
congrats. well me and wife are exactly in the same boat... we applied for PR on aug 8 and unfortunately our permits are expiring on aug 30 and awaiting rAOR response. i have study permit and my wife on open work permit....
so can we both apply for BOWP??
second can u assist us in filling out the form as its a bit confusing about emplyer details and the kind of visa to request... please help us out as i have son who will end up suffering coz of this....
Your wife should be eligible, however, I don't think you are as one of the conditions of the BOWP is that you "have valid status on a WP that is due to expire within 4 months".

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

If you have a son who will end up suffering because of this then maybe you should consult a lawyer, not guit trip aaand.

mansari

Star Member
Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2013
Doc's Request.
PCC sent with application
AOR Received.
08-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
12-08-2013
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
hi,
do we have to get medicals done BOWP???

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
mansari said:
hi,
do we have to get medicals done BOWP???
No. More information on BOWP application procedure here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

tarun kumar devgan

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Hello folks,

sharing some information....

My current employer has terminated me for his own reasons since my WP is valid till Dec 2014 ...and on the other side I am just waiting for PPR ....I have done my medicals on may 27, RCMP done June 1st, Bio-data form sent on July 14.......So finally I have applied online for BOWP explaining my whole situation and provided my termination letter...hopefully i will get it...

In case if I get my PPR before then I am going to withdraw my BOWP application.

Good luck!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
tarun kumar devgan said:
Hello folks,

sharing some information....

My current employer has terminated me for his own reasons since my WP is valid till Dec 2014 ...and on the other side I am just waiting for PPR ....I have done my medicals on may 27, RCMP done June 1st, Bio-data form sent on July 14.......So finally I have applied online for BOWP explaining my whole situation and provided my termination letter...hopefully i will get it...

In case if I get my PPR before then I am going to withdraw my BOWP application.

Good luck!
Awesome. Good for you man! All the best. When did you apply for PR?