+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got master degree, still need to validate and use bachelor degree for application?

Bill922

Nov 26, 2018
Hello all,

I received my bachelor degree and master degree overseas.
Can I just use my master degree for both building up profile for invitation and completing further online application after receiving ITA?

Thanks,
Bill

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello all,

I received my bachelor degree and master degree overseas.
Can I just use my master degree for both building up profile for invitation and completing further online application after receiving ITA?

Thanks,
Bill
Check your country's educational document requirement here for WES
https://www.wes.org/ca/required-documents/

for IQAS, you will need only highest degree.

Bill922

Nov 26, 2018
Yes you can. I used Ms for wes evaluation but mentioned both in the application
Yeah, I only got my MS degree WES evaluated and used it to get ITA. But wonder if CIC will require us to provide WES evaluation for Bachelor degree as we fill both degrees in the application.

StonicStone

Jan 5, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
22-02-2017 (Passed: 20-04-2017)
Yeah, I received ITA by using my highest degree. What about post-ITA as we are required to fill bachelor study and master study as education activities in the application? So do I need to get my bachelor degree WES evaluated?
Post-ITA: yes, required to fill.
It is a catch 22 situation-it is recommended that you get Bachelor evaluated as well, in case of any discrepancies but it is rare.
On the other hand, most cases like yours proceeded smoothly post-ITA.

haniya.carielle

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Yeah, I only got my MS degree WES evaluated and used it to get ITA. But wonder if CIC will require us to provide WES evaluation for Bachelor degree as we fill both degrees in the application.
I did that and got PR so I can recommend it but if you have documentation available then go for both.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hold on...

Why do you include bachelor degree in education history section if you don't have a ECA for it? It's useless and counter productive. It may result in having your application go in additional review for missing ECA.
If you don't have ECA, you will answer "No" the question "Did you have a Education Credential Assessment done for this degree" anyways, and will just render the education entry moot!...

If you have only Masters evaluated, remove Bachelor degree from education history section. It's useless to have it there. You get points for Masters degree only anyway, in which case no need to have Bachelor evaluated, as it will go in Persona History section. Not Education section.

You receive points and the resulting ITA based on your highest degree, or if you have two or more diplomas, and only the ones entered in history section, and for which you have ECA (i.e Canadian Equivalency).

Reactions: india2canadasg

india2canadasg

Jun 10, 2017
Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
21-08-2018
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
21-08-2018
Passport Req..
23-11-2018
Hold on...

Why do you include bachelor degree in education history section if you don't have a ECA for it? It's useless and counter productive. It may result in having your application go in additional review for missing ECA.
If you don't have ECA, you will answer "No" the question "Did you have a Education Credential Assessment done for this degree" anyways, and will just render the education entry moot!...

If you have only Masters evaluated, remove Bachelor degree from education history section. It's useless to have it there. You get points for Masters degree only anyway, in which case no need to have Bachelor evaluated, as it will go in Persona History section. Not Education section.

You receive points and the resulting ITA based on your highest degree, or if you have two or more diplomas, and only the ones entered in history section, and for which you have ECA (i.e Canadian Equivalency).
Peacekeeper87 is correct.
Don't include Bachelors degree in education section for express entry as you don't have an ECA for it.
It is not strictly necessary as highest degree counts (I only had my MS degree evaluated, not the bachelors, and have received a PPR)

You may include it in the "personal history" section, that comes up AFTER you receive the ITA and provide further information, but if you wish to include it in the education section, you MUST have had an ECA done for it

Good luck

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Unfortunately, I do think this kind of thing is legitimate to happen...
The way the Express Entry computer system is designed can be counter-intuitive.
It's very reasonable for anyone to think they should enter all of their education history, or professional history in the respective sections. Indeed, the system doesn't tell you "Hey, only put here the stuff for which you're claiming points".

People just naturally answer the question "Do you have any education history", or "Do you have any work experience?"... and end up putting all their history in there.

Applicants just enter all of their work history for example, and end up being asked for work reference letters for of their jobs in the last 10 years!
Check this sweet and kind YouTube who went through EE recently, obviously unaware of the detail that you only include jobs for which you're claiming points, and unaware that spouse foreign work experience doesn't get you any points at all, so she ended up getting 7 work letters!: (Do to 6:50)

Unfortunately, the phraseology of instructions and details in the forms are not crystal clear, resulting in not only a lot of confusion in applicants' minds, but also some PR refusals due to misunderstandings...

Some people insist they should include all of their work/education history because they're worried it may be considered as misrepresentation, and they're not crazy in thinking such thing, simply because they're answering the question in a precise manner, following written instructions.

I wish they were more transparent on how the system really works...

Reactions: mo123mo

Bill922

Nov 26, 2018
Hold on...

I've already obtained ITA by using my Master degree. But in the PERSONAL HISTORY, which asks me about the last ten-year experience, including education activities, employment, and so on, I have no choice but to list my bachelor study.

Bill922

Nov 26, 2018
Peacekeeper87 is correct.
Don't include Bachelors degree in education section for express entry as you don't have an ECA for it.
It is not strictly necessary as highest degree counts (I only had my MS degree evaluated, not the bachelors, and have received a PPR)

You may include it in the "personal history" section, that comes up AFTER you receive the ITA and provide further information, but if you wish to include it in the education section, you MUST have had an ECA done for it

Good luck
Thanks. That's what i wanted to know

Bill922

Nov 26, 2018
Unfortunately, I do think this kind of thing is legitimate to happen...
The way the Express Entry computer system is designed can be counter-intuitive.
It's very reasonable for anyone to think they should enter all of their education history, or professional history in the respective sections. Indeed, the system doesn't tell you "Hey, only put here the stuff for which you're claiming points".

People just naturally answer the question "Do you have any education history", or "Do you have any work experience?"... and end up putting all their history in there.

Applicants just enter all of their work history for example, and end up being asked for work reference letters for of their jobs in the last 10 years!
Check this sweet and kind YouTube who went through EE recently, obviously unaware of the detail that you only include jobs for which you're claiming points, and unaware that spouse foreign work experience doesn't get you any points at all, so she ended up getting 7 work letters!: (Do to 6:50)

Unfortunately, the phraseology of instructions and details in the forms are not crystal clear, resulting in not only a lot of confusion in applicants' minds, but also some PR refusals due to misunderstandings...

Some people insist they should include all of their work/education history because they're worried it may be considered as misrepresentation, and they're not crazy in thinking such thing, simply because they're answering the question in a precise manner, following written instructions.

I wish they were more transparent on how the system really works...
Thank you for the helpful information.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I've already obtained ITA by using my Master degree. But in the PERSONAL HISTORY, which asks me about the last ten-year experience, including education activities, employment, and so on, I have no choice but to list my bachelor study.
Yes you have to include everything in personal history. That's a different story.
In education history section, only include education for which you are claiming points and have ECA for it.