+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got married - received passport call

dipenparekh

Nov 8, 2004
toronto
Hi Guys

I got married and came to Canada and got mail from buffalo consulate for my passport stamping.
What are the next steps?? Do i get the stamping done or inform the consulate that I am married? and add my spouses name to the application?

Help appreciated

thanx

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dipenparekh said:
Hi Guys

I got married and came to Canada and got mail from buffalo consulate for my passport stamping.
What are the next steps?? Do i get the stamping done or inform the consulate that I am married? and add my spouses name to the application?

Help appreciated

Does any ever read the instructions? Don't send your passport, if you land, and your spouse is not examined, then s/he can never be sponsored. Email Buffalo, tell them of the situation, send an amended application for yourself, an application for your wife, with pccs and proofs as listed with the appropriate fees.

PMM

thanx

dipenparekh

Nov 8, 2004
toronto
Hi PMM

thanx for your reply.
I am on work permit in Canada. So you mean I should inform Buffalo office and add her to my application process.

How much delay should i expect?

thanx

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dipenparekh said:
Hi PMM

thanx for your reply.
I am on work permit in Canada. So you mean I should inform Buffalo office and add her to my application process.

How much delay should i expect?

thanx
Depending on the background and security checks. plus the FBI and PCCs and medicals 4-6 months.

PMM