+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

got married after receiving PR card

vanwilder

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
Hello Folks,

I am little concerned about change in my marital status after receiving the PR card I hope you can help me. I will truly appreciate.
I received my PR card last year and than I returned back to usa to finish my current contract work. Now I am planning to permanently move to canada at the end of this month. Just last month I also got married.
for now I will be moving canada alone my wife wont join me as she is not done with her school yet. once I am there i start looking for the job and also find out how to sponsor my wife. From the immigration point of view do i need to inform anything about my marriage. or is there any paperwork i need to fill when i land to canada this month I need to know about can you please share me some idea. Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You don't need to inform immigration about your marriage.

To answer the rest of your questions, start by reading the first post (by Leon) in the following thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html

abiola147

Sep 1, 2011
can you please help me out am really confused...

i apply for canadian PR last year july 2010 and my girlfriend is a canadian and after 1 year she told me she got the document and in the document she said they told her to come here to Africa to get married to me before i can be allow to move to canada and right now am really so confused and i dont know how truely is it can someone help me out.
thanks Abiola

vanwilder

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
Thanks a lot scylla. I was more concern if i need to inform immigration when i land in canada or fill some paper work. if i dont need to worry about it right now than thats great. i'll do a detail research about the sponsorship once i am there. thank you again.

scylla said:
You don't need to inform immigration about your marriage.

To answer the rest of your questions, start by reading the first post (by Leon) in the following thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: can you please help me out am really confused...

abiola147 said:
i apply for canadian PR last year july 2010 and my girlfriend is a canadian and after 1 year she told me she got the document and in the document she said they told her to come here to Africa to get married to me before i can be allow to move to canada and right now am really so confused and i dont know how truely is it can someone help me out.
thanks Abiola
What document did your girlfriend got in 2011? What is your status for Canadian PR?

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Hi there I also have the same problem. my husband got his PR before we got married and we already had a child then but he didnt declare/include our child in his application before were not married yet at that time. is there anyway he can update his dependant on his PR?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yffAm said:
Hi there I also have the same problem. my husband got his PR before we got married and we already had a child then but he didnt declare/include our child in his application before were not married yet at that time. is there anyway he can update his dependant on his PR?
He has misrepresented the facts and can have his PR removed.
He will have signed a document to confirm that he has no children, so he cannot bring the child to Canada even if he remains a permanent resident.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Baloo said:
He has misrepresented the facts and can have his PR removed.
He will have signed a document to confirm that he has no children, so he cannot bring the child to Canada even if he remains a permanent resident.
Agreed.

YffAm - Your situation is completely different than vanwilder's. You should really consult with an experienced and capable immigration lawyer before filing any paperwork. As Baloo mentioned, your daughter cannot be sponsored. And the fact that your husband failed to delare both his daughter and you (you've mentioned that you were comon law) when he landed means that he will put his own PR status in jeopardy due to misrepresentation if he files for either your or his daughter. Be very careful what you do next and consult with a lawyer before submitting anything.

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
thanks baloo and scylla..

what if he applied for his citizenship and he got approved by that. is there still a chance that CIC will going to get his citizenship? cause I am planning that I am the one whos gonna applied for our child sponsorship cause of his situation.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are proposing that you will misrepresent your situation, please do not be so foolish.

Talk to a lawyer, because you are taking a very big risk.

Your partner has already cheated the system, nothing more, nothing less.
Sorry, but I cant feel any sympathy in this situation; there are so many people who follow the rules, it is not OK to misrepresent anything.