+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got Married After Getting PR Visa Stamp

Zuesnas

Apr 5, 2018
Hi guys,

I got married after getting my pr visa stamped. I have a good six months for first landing but I don’t know how to proceed now.

Should I go and land in canada and get my pr card or should I first disclose that I have got married and then wait for Cic to reply?

In case I disclose my status change what would the process entail now for me and my wife?

Also, can cic really know if I have married or not until I disclose it since I already have the pr visa stamped? What if I get the pr card after landing and then disclose a month later that I have married, will I be able to sponsor my wife then? Please help guys, I am really confused.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi guys,

I got married after getting my pr visa stamped. I have a good six months for first landing but I don’t know how to proceed now.
Follow the link shared above for the correct steps.
Should I go and land in canada and get my pr card or should I first disclose that I have got married and then wait for Cic to reply?

In case I disclose my status change what would the process entail now for me and my wife?

Also, can cic really know if I have married or not until I disclose it since I already have the pr visa stamped? What if I get the pr card after landing and then disclose a month later that I have married, will I be able to sponsor my wife then? Please help guys, I am really confused.
When you land, the officer will ask you about change in family composition. If you lie at that time, you will never be able to sponsor your wife.

Reactions: iamxty

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

As already stated if you pull that stunt you'll never be able to sponsor your spouse.

Reactions: iamxty