+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got letter from CIC

Jun 15, 2019
I have applied for work permit and submited all doc as per requirment,but after a week i got a letter from cic saying that i hv been not truthfull to cic, the only mistake was from me that i been to canada in march and tried to apply from boarder for work permit, as i knew it is not any offence to do that. We went throught canada , us border and then done some formalities at us border then return to canada border immigration office and there where lady officer ask me to apply wp from my home country. So i came back and applied but in my tht us border entry they have mentioned that i have been decline entry to canada but i ws not aware of it and in my work permit application i have no idea to mention it.
So now cic have sent me an email on 16 th may saying that to explain the things and if they will justyfy my answer they will write back in 30 days . Now tht time limit is over but i haven't got any reply from cic yet.
On my side i had no lied for anything or didnt tried to hide anything from cic and i have sent all necesarry information in my reply.
So plz advice and help me in my situation.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
the only mistake was from me that i been to canada in march and tried to apply from boarder for work permit, as i knew it is not any offence to do that. We went throught canada , us border and then done some formalities at us border then return to canada border immigration office and there where lady officer ask me to apply wp from my home country.

On my side i had no lied for anything or didnt tried to hide anything from cic and i have sent all necesarry information in my reply.
In IRCC's eyes, yes you did lie and hide something. Even if you didn't intend to. Be thankful for now they gave you a procedural fairness letter. You are in danger of being banned for 5 years for misrepresentation.

All you can do for now is wait for their decision.