+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got job in Canada but PR expiring soon soon

Canada_soon2014

Jan 2, 2016
Leon said:
because you can not overstay a PR.
Just to confirm my kid is non-PR at the moment, I am aiming to sponsor once my PR is renewed successfully.

In general Visitors staying without any status puts a negative impact, specially when I will apply his first ever PR application. Do you have any link or example to support this option....As this will be really good for my family to use this option without any family separation.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Canada_soon2014 said:
Just to confirm my kid is non-PR at the moment, I am aiming to sponsor once my PR is renewed successfully.

In general Visitors staying without any status puts a negative impact, specially when I will apply his first ever PR application. Do you have any link or example to support this option....As this will be really good for my family to use this option without any family separation.
You don't need to wait until PR card is renewed and you have it in hand. You can apply for child's sponsorship as soon as you are back in compliance with the RO. So in your case once back in compliance you would be submitting 2 apps simultaneously - PR renewal app and child's sponsorship app.

After you come back into compliance with the RO, if you are really worried about submitting an app while child is out of status you could make a day trip to USA and come back. Pay the PR fees for him and have app ready to show CBSA, and a good chance CBSA will allow child back in under new 6 months valid status.

Of course as mentioned its ok as well to submit a PR app for child while hes out of status. Worst that would happen, is CIC may tell you to get his status back before they approve the PR (this recently happened to another poster here, would just do the quick USA trip to do it). There is NO CHANCE an app will ever be refused outright just over lack of status.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada_soon2014 said:

Why do you say that staying without status will put a negative impact on a PR application?

Staying without status will put a negative impact on a temporary visa application because if someone has overstayed in the past, immigration will not trust that they will not do it again. However, applying for PR, overstay is absolutely not an issue.

Plenty of people have sponsored their spouses who were staying in Canada illegally.

Canada_soon2014

Jan 2, 2016
Thank you Leon and Rob, much appreciated.

Once I am eligible to apply for my son PR, do I need to fill in inland application or outland?
My concern is as my child will have to go outside Canada and wait for the approval of PR and finish of the whole process..This might take a year and I will have no arrangement for him to stay without parents.

If we apply inland application? I heard for children it has to be outland
If we apply out land application, than can my child travel back to Canada on visa exempt passport while his application is under process?

Any easy process?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Canada_soon2014 said:
Thank you Leon and Rob, much appreciated.

Once I am eligible to apply for my son PR, do I need to fill in inland application or outland?
My concern is as my child will have to go outside Canada and wait for the approval of PR and finish of the whole process..This might take a year and I will have no arrangement for him to stay without parents.

If we apply inland application? I heard for children it has to be outland
If we apply out land application, than can my child travel back to Canada on visa exempt passport while his application is under process?

Any easy process?
There is no inland option for children, you MUST do an outland application. This only refers to the visa office that will process the app, an applicant can be inside Canada and still apply outland.

Canada_soon2014

Jan 2, 2016
Rob_TO said:
There is no inland option for children, you MUST do an outland application. This only refers to the visa office that will process the app, an applicant can be inside Canada and still apply outland.
During any phase of processing, does the applicant need to appear visa office outside Canada e.g interview/medical etc?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Canada_soon2014 said:
During any phase of processing, does the applicant need to appear visa office outside Canada e.g interview/medical etc?
CIC will not interview a child. The medical can be done in Canada.

Canada_soon2014

Jan 2, 2016
One more questions dear board members :)

God forbid if I am reported by the CBSA due to non compliance of RO and waiting for appeal process.. in this time period am I eligible to sponsor my non-PR child?

or do I have to wait to win the appeal first, renew my PR, than sponsor my non-PR child?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Canada_soon2014 said:
God forbid if I am reported by the CBSA due to non compliance of RO and waiting for appeal process.. in this time period am I eligible to sponsor my non-PR child?

or do I have to wait to win the appeal first, renew my PR, than sponsor my non-PR child?
You would need to wait until you win the appeal.

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
ttrajan said:
New employer will ask for PR card. Also required for school & college admissions, opening bank account, to get health card and license etc. Renew your PR card. Also it is required for travelling.
This is the problem. Sure you can work without a PR card (if you find an employer willing to hire without it), but you can't get any of the other needed documents. I am coming back to CA after about seven years, so the COPR is useless. How do people do it, just live off savings for months?

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Yes without PR card, it is difficult in the long run. Every where it is required not only for travelling.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tubsmagee said:
This is the problem. Sure you can work without a PR card (if you find an employer willing to hire without it), but you can't get any of the other needed documents. I am coming back to CA after about seven years, so the COPR is useless. How do people do it, just live off savings for months?
Can you find an employer who is willing to hire you without it? If you can, you don't have to live off your savings for months. As for health care, you can try going there and explaining the situation and see what happens. As for drivers license, you might not need it, at least not in all provinces. In BC they will give you a paper license without a PR card. Otherwise you can use public transport.

Canada_soon2014

Jan 2, 2016
Leon said:
There is unfortunately not many solutions for the child. Immigration could refuse an extension for your child and ask you why you don't sponsor. You should actually not try to sponsor when you don't meet the RO yourself because as you said, it will bring to light that you don't meet it and you would be risking your PR.

I heard that a lawyer had advised not to apply for an extension in this case. I don't know what happens if you don't but immigration may be busy chasing after adults who overstay, are working illegally etc. I have never heard of a visitor child of a PR parent being deported anyway.
Is there a possibility the entry can be denied to a non-PR child on visa exempt passport? due to the reason his/her parents are PR and the child dont have any good reasons to leave Canada

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Canada_soon2014 said:
Is there a possibility the entry can be denied to a non-PR child on visa exempt passport? due to the reason his/her parents are PR and the child dont have any good reasons to leave Canada
The possibility is very low.