+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got ITA.. Proof of work experience ?

reslanw

Jun 24, 2015
hello,

got ITA today and after going through the document requirements and under the Proof of work experience i read the following
"number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits"

my work certificates from all previous jobs does not include this piece of information! is this critical ?
all other information regarding position and period are there

thanks and good luck to all

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends on your profile. CIC needs this information to validate the following.

1. Working hours/week to establish that it was a full-time experience and that you have counted your working years properly.

2. Salary details to establish that it was a paid job and not a freelance gig or voluntary work.

If anything in your profile can establish these 2 points despite them not being mentioned in the reference letter, your application will still be good. One possible way of establishing these points is to have sufficiently higher years of experience so that the officer is convinced that you would've acquired the years of working experience which are required for program eligibility and/or CRS points. Another way of establishing paid work experience would be by submitting salary records, tax records etc which capture this data.

Of course, the most direct way of establishing these are by getting them mentioned in your reference letters if possible.

Hope this clarifies. All the best!

aliveli33

Apr 25, 2015
Hi Asivad,

In my case I worked in 3 different subsidiaries (8 months each) while I was employed and paid by my home base. I am back in my home base now.

I know that I will need PCC for countries I lived more than 6 months. My concern is when I get my job experience letter, it will only mention my home base.. In this case, if I send 3 PCCs then CIC will question it about what I have done there. (do I need to inform them about it, do we have a travel history section in RP application? Old passport with visas and stamps needed for CIC?). The website is only calling for the biopage.

The other option is I can divide my job experience in EE profile to reflect different postings but in that case they will require job experience letters from each subsidiary which I doubt if I can obtain.

What is your recommendation?

Thanks for your help

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aliveli33 said:
Hi Asivad,

In my case I worked in 3 different subsidiaries (8 months each) while I was employed and paid by my home base. I am back in my home base now.

I know that I will need PCC for countries I lived more than 6 months. My concern is when I get my job experience letter, it will only mention my home base.. In this case, if I send 3 PCCs then CIC will question it about what I have done there. (do I need to inform them about it, do we have a travel history section in RP application? Old passport with visas and stamps needed for CIC?). The website is only calling for the biopage.

There is a Personal history section where you provide geographically accurate answers about your history. In that section, you will include these time periods as 'Employment" in the particular country and then CIC will expect to see PCC(s) for countries where you have lived for more than 6 months in a row based on your personal history. No LOEs required - this is fairly easy to understand. Old passport with stamps act as supporting documents, if needed.

The other option is I can divide my job experience in EE profile to reflect different postings but in that case they will require job experience letters from each subsidiary which I doubt if I can obtain.

What is your recommendation?

Get multiple reference letters ONLY if you worked on multiple NOCs. If not, showcase just 1 line item for this entire time period in your Work history section as having worked for that employer and choose location as your base country. Do not complicate things for yourself by breaking it down further. Work history is covered by reference letter (if you're really keen on this, it can have one line saying XXX worked in countries A, B, C as part of his employment) and Personal history covers the travel, stamps and associated PCC(s).

Thanks for your help

upmanit

Star Member
Jul 19, 2015
Asivad, I recently started following up this forum and I must say you are doing a great selfless Job by answering questions of newcomers like me..

I am trying to create a profile on EE and I have doubt. I have been working with same indian MNC in NOC 2174 since last 9 year. First 3.5 yr I was in India and then later I was deputed to USA for 5 year, then I went back to India for 3 months and then my indian based company deputed me to Canada this april. My question is should i create separate entry for each of these or do i need to have one consolidated entry for my Work Experience.

Appreciate your help in advance.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
upmanit said:
Asivad, I recently started following up this forum and I must say you are doing a great selfless Job by answering questions of newcomers like me..

I am trying to create a profile on EE and I have doubt. I have been working with same indian MNC in NOC 2174 since last 9 year. First 3.5 yr I was in India and then later I was deputed to USA for 5 year, then I went back to India for 3 months and then my indian based company deputed me to Canada this april. My question is should i create separate entry for each of these or do i need to have one consolidated entry for my Work Experience.

Appreciate your help in advance.
You can show it up as 4 line items (divide time by country and provide job titles as they were then), 1 line item (keep the country as India and provide latest job title) or multiple line items (divide time by job title). Doesn't matter which way you showcase in Work history because the NOC remains unchanged.

All the best!

Reactions: kapilbassan

upmanit

Star Member
Jul 19, 2015
Thanks Asivad for clarification. So at time of giving reference letter to CIC, will I have to provide only reference letter of different letter for each of my postings to various countries.

I have another question regarding PCC. I have calculated my points to 366 which will jump to 440+ in next April when I complete one year working in Canada and become eligible for CEC. Do you think that score will be sufficient to get me nomination or I should explore opportunities in other countries(USA).

As I mentioned that I was posted in USA till dec 2014. I am not expected to visit USA except for short trip of Business/Tourism. Should i get PCC done from USA now considering long time being taken by FBI in providing the same or wait till my name gets selected by CIC but then in that case 2 month time may not be sufficient to get FBI PCC.

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
upmanit said:
Thanks Asivad for clarification. So at time of giving reference letter to CIC, will I have to provide only reference letter of different letter for each of my postings to various countries.

Depends on how you declare this. If it is 1 line item, you'll need 1 reference letter. If multiple line items, you'll be prompted for multiple reference letters but you can upload the same one with an LOE highlighting the difference. I would recommend going with 1 line item and 1 reference letter to keep it simple. In that reference letter, get it mentioned that you've done similar roles across India, US and Canada.

I have another question regarding PCC. I have calculated my points to 366 which will jump to 440+ in next April when I complete one year working in Canada and become eligible for CEC. Do you think that score will be sufficient to get me nomination or I should explore opportunities in other countries(USA).

440+ is a promising score but next year is too far to predict anything for now.

As I mentioned that I was posted in USA till dec 2014. I am not expected to visit USA except for short trip of Business/Tourism. Should i get PCC done from USA now considering long time being taken by FBI in providing the same or wait till my name gets selected by CIC but then in that case 2 month time may not be sufficient to get FBI PCC.

Makes sense. It will be valid unless you stay in US for 6 months in a row again.

Thanks

upmanit

Star Member
Jul 19, 2015
Thanks Asivad. Just to make sure that I get it right. Here is my work exp summary

NOC Code: 2174
Jun 2006 Nov 2009 India
Dec 2009 Dec 2014 USA
Jan 2015 Mar 2015 India
Apr 2015 Till now Canada

So you mean to say that I create just 2 line Under Work experience with India as working location from Jun 2006 to March 2015 and then April 2015 to Till now showing Canada as Work location?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
upmanit said:
Thanks Asivad. Just to make sure that I get it right. Here is my work exp summary

NOC Code: 2174
Jun 2006 Nov 2009 India
Dec 2009 Dec 2014 USA
Jan 2015 Mar 2015 India
Apr 2015 Till now Canada

So you mean to say that I create just 2 line Under Work experience with India as working location from Jun 2006 to March 2015 and then April 2015 to Till now showing Canada as Work location?
Or just a single line item with location as India and other details can be explained in a single reference letter and an LOE. Anyway, the Personal history section would cover these travel and stay details.

upmanit

Star Member
Jul 19, 2015
Asivad, I was wondering if I put just one line under work experience with India as location, how system would ever know that I am working in canada right now and add points for canadian experience when i complete one year?

upmanit

Star Member
Jul 19, 2015
Also, how CIC would ever come to know that I stayed in USA too and need to submit PCC for that too.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
upmanit said:
Asivad, I was wondering if I put just one line under work experience with India as location, how system would ever know that I am working in canada right now and add points for canadian experience when i complete one year?
It doesn't apply to your profile today which is why I didn't pay attention to that front. Otherwise, your inputs in your pre-ITA profile would cover that already.

upmanit said:
Also, how CIC would ever come to know that I stayed in USA too and need to submit PCC for that too.
PCC requirements are driven by the Personal history section where you can mention this geographical break up. That ways, you'll still end up needing just 1 reference letter and the relevant PCC(s).

yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
Asivad Anac said:
It doesn't apply to your profile today which is why I didn't pay attention to that front. Otherwise, your inputs in your pre-ITA profile would cover that already.

PCC requirements are driven by the Personal history section where you can mention this geographical break up. That ways, you'll still end up needing just 1 reference letter and the relevant PCC(s).
Thanks for your clear answers. i was about to have similar questions :).